New Mock Draft

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2663646 said:
why, because he's short and white?

That's a pretty ignorant comment but the real reason is because he's too short to play DE and too light for DT and not athletic enough to play LB. Not a great pass rusher, had some of the shortest arms at the combine which explains his weakness for fighting off blocks and he needs a lot of work in the weight room.

Sure has a great motor and a big heart and sure he's the type of player you like on your team but I don't see anything but a lifetime special teams ace and spot duty player if you can find him a position.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2664659 said:
That's a pretty ignorant comment but the real reason is because he's too short to play DE and too light for DT and not athletic enough to play LB. Not a great pass rusher, had some of the shortest arms at the combine which explains his weakness for fighting off blocks and he needs a lot of work in the weight room.

Sure has a great motor and a big heart and sure he's the type of player you like on your team but I don't see anything but a lifetime special teams ace and spot duty player if you can find him a position.

All he needs is that + a good work ethic and he'll be fine. Ratliff is "too small" to play NT in a 3-4. Don't get caught up on the measurements I'd rather have a smaller guy that gives it a 120% on every down then someone that will take plays off.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2664674 said:
All he needs is that + a good work ethic and he'll be fine. Ratliff is "too small" to play NT in a 3-4. Don't get caught up on the measurements I'd rather have a smaller guy that gives it a 120% on every down then someone that will take plays off.

Problem is he might struggle to bench press what Ratliff curls. It's not just his size I worry about.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2664727 said:
Problem is he might struggle to bench press what Ratliff curls. It's not just his size I worry about.

23 reps is lacking for his position however, I still think he can make it work plus he just needs to work out with some pros and that shouldn't be a problem afterwards.