New Mock, thats aight.....

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
That draft would be cool, but that mock will change at least a bazillion times before 4/2006...

I don't see how DT Ngata would drop that far... I'd rather not pass on him... Quinn would be an absolute highway robbery if he fell that far also.

I'm not crazy hard up for a WR in #2 either... we need to start stacking the OL next draft.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Even if we draft players who dont start this year, Allen and Rivera aren't getting any younger. Johnson sure hasn't convinced me that he is good enough to really hold down the Center position. Guorode, with all that talent, isn't starting, and I'm sure there's a reason for that. OL wouldn't hurt us, being as though that is probably the most important unit on any team. Mediocre RB's look great behind a good OL. A decent QB with time will kill you at this level.

playit12

Reaction score
Does Quinn come with his coach? ;-)

Honestly though, when was the last time that Texas Tech put out a decent WR? Do they have anyone playing in the league that isn't a Punt Returner?

Recievers and QBs put up great numbers in the gimmick spead offense, but that doesn't make them good NFL players.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Brooks is 6-4, 259 and runs a 4.4 forty. He did NOT have knee surgery. He had a cyst removed from behind his knee. There was no injury whatsoever. He doesn't have "character concerns," either.

It kills me how all this stuff gets started. Brooks missed some games because of the cyst, but because Groh has a no-tell policy when it comes to his team, people speculated everything from ligament damage to personal issues. He prepped a year before starting school, but so what?

My money says Brooks goes top-ten, but if he fell to us at the end of round one he'd be a Cowboy. No way Parcells passes on a guy like that after a talk with Al Groh.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
How can any mock be worth the paper it's written on when you don't even know the final placings for the NFL teams?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Here's a better, more professional one:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

They have us taking a safety named "Landry."

235-611-92034458.jpg

Rush 2112

Reaction score
VACowboy said:
Brooks is 6-4, 259 and runs a 4.4 forty. He did NOT have knee surgery. He had a cyst removed from behind his knee. There was no injury whatsoever. He doesn't have "character concerns," either.

It kills me how all this stuff gets started. Brooks missed some games because of the cyst, but because Groh has a no-tell policy when it comes to his team, people speculated everything from ligament damage to personal issues. He prepped a year before starting school, but so what?

My money says Brooks goes top-ten, but if he fell to us at the end of round one he'd be a Cowboy. No way Parcells passes on a guy like that after a talk with Al Groh.

So when I read that he was arrested on possession of MJ in 5/03 which Ahmad Brooks are they referring to.

Wouldn't a marijuana arrest qualify as a character concern?

He may be 6-4 259 but he won't/doesn't run a 4.4

He may run a 4.4 at his pro day or combine but not at that weight.

Miss at least half the season and go top 10?

KoRn_BoYz_5

Reaction score
Vince Is staying and so Brady Quinn is stay also, i think the guy just made it up as he went :p: ;)

Reaction score
Mark my words...Mario Williams from NC State is a complete stud. They say he is the best D-lineman coming out of the draft since Julius Peppers. Also the D'Brackshaw Ferguson guy is getting a ton of hype.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Rush 2112 said:
So when I read that he was arrested on possession of MJ in 5/03 which Ahmad Brooks are they referring to.

Wouldn't a marijuana arrest qualify as a character concern?

He may be 6-4 259 but he won't/doesn't run a 4.4

He may run a 4.4 at his pro day or combine but not at that weight.

Miss at least half the season and go top 10?

You're right. I forgot about the weed.

He ran a 4.4 at 249, so you may be correct, but I'd bet he's still the fastest 259-lb. football player in college. He may not go top-ten, but I wouldn't doubt it at all. I'd love to see him fall to us.

Gordon

Reaction score
Only way Quinn leaves early is if he's guaranteed to be a Top 5 pick. Even if he is, he already has said he plans on staying, so I doubt he comes out either way.

There's absolutely no way he leaves early to be a late 1st round pick.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
If we decide to take a QB i want jay. cutler out of vanderbilt. The guy is a stud whom not many are talking about because vandy isnt that good, trust me someone is going to get a helluva QB. In addition he's played in the toughest conference the last four seasons.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I like Justin Holland of Colorado State. Guy has a real NFL arm. Probably a 5-6th rounder.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
VACowboy said:

He ran a 4.4 at 249, so you may be correct, but I'd bet he's still the fastest 259-lb. football player in college. He may not go top-ten, but I wouldn't doubt it at all. I'd love to see him fall to us.

I'd personally take either Brooks or Parham.....especially in the 2nd round. Top to middle of 2 would be perfect.

Was way higher on Brooks before I found out about the weed and the knee/cyst thing.

Good for Parham's stock that Brooks was out for a while.

1) Carpenter
2) Brooks/Parham

Would be sweet.

BP looks past weed thing on LB of his caliber.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Rush 2112 said:
I'd personally take either Brooks or Parham.....especially in the 2nd round. Top to middle of 2 would be perfect.

Was way higher on Brooks before I found out about the weed and the knee/cyst thing.

Good for Parham's stock that Brooks was out for a while.

1) Carpenter
2) Brooks/Parham

Would be sweet.

BP looks past weed thing on LB of his caliber.

You're right about Parham. He leads the ACC in sacks with 7.5 from his MLB spot. 6-3, 253 and athletic. Quintessential 3-4 ILB.

You may be right about Brooks falling, and I'd love to see it. But he's 10000x the prosepect Luis Castillo was, and Castillo went in the mid-20's despite a positive steroid test. I know Castillo wrote the letters and came clean, but I'd bet a chat with Groh would assure Parcells that it was a one-time college kid thing and that Brooks is no Ricky Williams. Could be wrong and if I am, I wouldn't take him early in the first either, but he knows he's gonna be strictly tested at the next level. He won't drop much because of his knee.

The weed thing happened a year ago. It's why he stayed in school. Wanted to clean up his image. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see both he and Parham stay their final year. I hope they do.

Carpenter is my choice at the end of the first, bar none.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
miamicowboy21 said:
If we decide to take a QB i want jay. cutler out of vanderbilt. The guy is a stud whom not many are talking about because vandy isnt that good, trust me someone is going to get a helluva QB. In addition he's played in the toughest conference the last four seasons.
I agree... This guy is going to skyrocket up the boards in April. Might still be available in the late first, but you never know.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
VACowboy said:

I watched Antaaj Hawthorne play a lot of college ball. He was always pushing people into the backfield. I thought he'd go 1 and maybe 2 all season. He dropped like a rock as the draft approached.

Character concerns + injury concerns = bad for the old draft status.