New Mozilla Firefox Browser out...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny White said:
I like it!

I looks to be the same as the one I use at home...however it should I guess as it is the beta at home...they just worked the bugs out.

I really wish they would upgrade their themes...most of them really suck compared to opera.

I also think opera does a better job on their tab situation.

In opera if you hit your opera icon and load a page...then hit the opera Icon again (on your tool bar or desktop)...it will automatically add the tab to the existing window.

No matter how I set up mozilla it will always open a new window.
Sure I can open another tab by going into the file menu...but I am used to doing it the other way.....and I also think if you click on a link that would open in another tab in opera...it will not work right in mozilla...it will either open another window or just not open it.

That does that to me while surfing here.

If I get a pm here it will open in another tab after asking...if I am in mozilla it will ask but it never opens another tab or window. lol.

I just like opera a tad better...better themes, better tabbing and just used to it more.

One other thing about mozilla I hate....when you browser back it always takes you to the top of the page instead of where you just were (if you had scrolled to the bottom or middle)...very annoying.

CowboysFan02

Degree or Bust
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I looks to be the same as the one I use at home...however it should I guess as it is the beta at home...they just worked the bugs out.

I really wish they would upgrade their themes...most of them really suck compared to opera.

In opera if you hit your opera icon and load a page...then hit the opera Icon again (on your tool bar or desktop)...it will automatically add the tab to the existing window.

Sure I can open another tab by going into the file menu...but I am used to doing it the other way.....and I also think if you click on a link that would open in another tab in opera...it will not work right in mozilla...it will either open another window or just not open it.

If I get a pm here it will open in another tab after asking...if I am in mozilla it will ask but it never opens another tab or window. lol.

I just like opera a tad better...better themes, better tabbing and just used to it more.

One other thing about mozilla I hate....when you browser back it always takes you to the top of the page instead of where you just were (if you had scrolled to the bottom or middle)...very annoying.

BP as far as the tabbed browsing check out and extension called tabbrowers extesions. It allows you to custimize your tabbing experiance.

And I agree about the taking you to the top of the page thing, Ver. 1.0 does not seem to have the problem as bad though so it appears they are working on it. :D

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

I have had some of the same issues with Firefox, another being it won't use the scroll function in Mouseware.

I'm glad you brought Opera up. I used to use it a lot, but kind of got away from it. Nice that they let you download Java along with it now.

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
ahh...something we can agree on.......If you still use IE you're either an idiot or a hermit.......I like mozilla over firefox though......

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
I started using Firefox about a month back and I have problem with it. Maybe one of you could please help me.

When I'm on a website or a forum that has a WMV, RM, MPEG file I can just click it with IE and it will pop up and start viewing and Downloading at the sametime. When you click on one of those types of file with Firefox it wants to Download it first before you can watch it. Is there any way to change this? I haven't been able to find a place to change it.

Thanks

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Encore said:
I started using Firefox about a month back and I have problem with it. Maybe one of you could please help me.

When I'm on a website or a forum that has a WMV, RM, MPEG file I can just click it with IE and it will pop up and start viewing and Downloading at the sametime. When you click on one of those types of file with Firefox it wants to Download it first before you can watch it. Is there any way to change this? I haven't been able to find a place to change it.

Thanks

Click on Tools

Extensions

Get more extensions.

It loads to a page with different extensions that you may find useful.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
ahh...something we can agree on.......If you still use IE you're either an idiot or a hermit.......I like mozilla over firefox though......

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v194/dmxinsd/kma2.gif

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Encore said:

Thanks

1) Click on tools

2) Options

3) Downloads

4) Here you'll see a list of extensions and how Firefox is to treat them, myself what I do is highlight them all then remove. When you're done there you'll select Plug-Ins and you'll see a box appear with checkmarks on the right, uncheck all of them, then exit out.

When you click on an extension you'll now be given a box that'll tell you what would you like to do with this, open with/save, etc.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
jacs said:
IE ownz them all

Yeah, and so do all the hackers out there that are using IE to collect all your personal information and credit card info so they can buy Christmas w/ your card and not theirs. And lets not forget all those Neanderthals that have nothing better to do on their college break other than to find holes in Windows or IE and introduce a trojan virus or worm into your system...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I have always loved the speed of Firefox... but apparently they haven't fixed that annoying little problem of going back to the top of the page on reloads...

How hard can it be to fix this? :(

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
trickblue said:
I have always loved the speed of Firefox... but apparently they haven't fixed that annoying little problem of going back to the top of the page on reloads...

That is about the only annoyance that gets on my nerves that I was surprised didn't get addressed.

At least this one isn't crashing on me all the time. Hasn't crashed once.

*where is that wood to knock on*

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
trickblue said:

...someone has to give me the idiot's guide to Firefox. If you can help me from the point of view of IE it would make it more palatable. I have alot of peers asking me to convert ot Firefox, but does it work in the same manner as IE. With all the graphical interface standards of Microsoft, I'm hesistant to give it up.

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
davidyee said:
...someone has to give me the idiot's guide to Firefox. If you can help me from the point of view of IE it would make it more palatable. I have alot of peers asking me to convert ot Firefox, but does it work in the same manner as IE. With all the graphical interface standards of Microsoft, I'm hesistant to give it up.

It is very similar to IE in most aspects only without the headaches. Worth the switch in my opinion. All of your IE Favorites, settings and other information are imported when you download Firefox.