New NFLDraftcountdown Mock

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Of the two, I'd rather have Jones than Talib.

What I find interesting is that there were a lot of people on the Felix Jones bandwagon and very few who were adamantly opposed before the Combine.

Now, if we think you should go by production on the field and not fall in love with Workout Warriors who never did much in college, then shouldn't it work the same way when a guy like an Emmitt Smith or a Felix Jones produce big on the field but don't measure up too great at the Combine? And no, I'm not comparing them in any way other than that Emmitt was huge at Florida and should have never dropped to #17, but did so because the Combine Experts thought he was too small and too slow.

If you didn't like Felix Jones from the get go, that's one thing, but to sour on him because of how many bench presses he did as a college senior seems silly to me.

I'd still rather see a CB and WR in round 1 than any RB, but if the guys who run our draft think Jones is a great fit for our offense, then why not?

I think most of these first round CBs are pretenders who won't be any better than the next tier of CBs, and I'm starting to warm up to Flowers the more I read about how instinctive and physical he is...there have been plenty of excellent CB's who didn't run 4.3's and plenty who did who had no clue what was going on out there.