New NFLDraftcountdown Mock

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
locked&loaded;2033133 said:
So your saying having two seemingly great rb's on or roster is problem?

Yes it is a problem.

There's only one ball.

It didn't work with Dorsett and Walker and it won't work here.

- Playing time

- Salaries

- And last but not least the player's egos themselves wouldn't allow it to happen for long

This ain't Madden. What the player's feel about an issue does factor into the equation.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2033127 said:
To me drafting Stewart means that Barber is gone after this year-- and I would consider that a waste.

Felix Jones would fit in better as a change-of-pace back and would help in the return game.

I think Jerry is going to handle the Barber situation similar to how he handled Romo. Wait for awhile and see if Barber can handle the full load as a starting RB; if he can, lock him up. If not, he'll hit free agency. Drafting a RB in the first round is a good way to hedge the bet. If Barber can't handle the load, theoretically, we'll have a young rookie who can, in time. If Barber can handle the load, we'll have a talented RB tandem. Say we extend Barber 5 years.... by the time Barber's contract is up, so will the contract of the rookie RB we drafted.... IOW, we won't really have to pay two RBs a premium price.

A rookie RB is likely to contribute more to us next year than any other position, other than possibly CB.

Cowboysfan22

Reaction score
I want Felix Jones he is amazing at catching pass and he's fast he shared time with Darren and still got over a thousand yards.

heir

Reaction score
Talib at 22???? Is that before he skipped Dallas Day at Valley Ranch? ?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
heir;2033225 said:

I'm pretty sure they said he had a scheduling conflict, it's not like he slept in.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
TheCount;2033242 said:
I'm pretty sure they said he had a scheduling conflict, it's not like he slept in.

if you don't like talib, any bullet for the gun will do.

Tex

Reaction score
Talib doesnt fit our scheme. He needs to sit in zone in a cover two really. Does not matter where they are rated. They have to fit your scheme. We need a guy strong in man.

Cowboy

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Tex;2033252 said:
Talib doesnt fit our scheme. He needs to sit in zone in a cover two really. Does not matter where they are rated. They have to fit your scheme. We need a guy strong in man.

Cowboy

Actually that closer describes Cason than Talib.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
if the draft fell that we'd be more likely to take Stewart and Phillips than Talib and Jones.

But if it did play out this way, I could see us looking to move #22 and our 2nd to get up for DRC or Mendenhall

AbeBeta

Reaction score
heir;2033225 said:

KU coaches have Talib's back
12:35 PM Sat, Apr 12, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Albert Breer E-mail News tips

Kansas CB Aqib Talib's had plenty of questions to answer over the last few days.

There was the story that leaked out about failed drug tests as a collegian, and whispers about other character concerns. All of which, according to Jayhawks coach Mark Mangino, are unfounded.

"Aqib is an intelligent young man and he speaks well, and he can represent himself well, and I'm not going to comment on that because it's not appropriate," Mangino told the Kansas City Star. "But I can tell you this, his last two seasons in our program, he was a role-model player. He's a guy you'd have baby-sit your kids, you can trust him. Give him credit, he's a success story, he's turned his life around."

Now, Talib didn't come, as scheduled, to Dallas Day yesterday. But from everything I heard, that was "no one's fault" and there was no indication it was anything but a scheduling conflict. So I think anyone reading more into it than that should probably calm down.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
abersonc;2033258 said:
KU coaches have Talib's back
12:35 PM Sat, Apr 12, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Albert Breer E-mail News tips

Kansas CB Aqib Talib's had plenty of questions to answer over the last few days.

There was the story that leaked out about failed drug tests as a collegian, and whispers about other character concerns. All of which, according to Jayhawks coach Mark Mangino, are unfounded.

"Aqib is an intelligent young man and he speaks well, and he can represent himself well, and I'm not going to comment on that because it's not appropriate," Mangino told the Kansas City Star. "But I can tell you this, his last two seasons in our program, he was a role-model player. He's a guy you'd have baby-sit your kids, you can trust him. Give him credit, he's a success story, he's turned his life around."

Now, Talib didn't come, as scheduled, to Dallas Day yesterday. But from everything I heard, that was "no one's fault" and there was no indication it was anything but a scheduling conflict. So I think anyone reading more into it than that should probably calm down.

anyone who doesn't want talib won't calm down and info like this will likely be considered bogus. they can read into a generic statement and find hate but they'll ignore a direct quote if it doesn't support their views.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
iceberg;2033262 said:
anyone who doesn't want talib won't calm down and info like this will likely be considered bogus. they can read into a generic statement and find hate but they'll ignore a direct quote if it doesn't support their views.

damn -- change the names in the post and we've got a political zone post, eh?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
abersonc;2033265 said:
damn -- change the names in the post and we've got a political zone post, eh?

wild huh? human nature is simply human nature.

heir

Reaction score
To be honest I have nothing against Talib and I was high on him early on, I just don't see the Cowboys drafting him after not even being able to work him out, scheduling conflict or not. I know they have film on him and saw him at the combine, but I can't recall Dallas drafting someone in recent years in the first round without that player being here in person once before the draft. Spencer, Carpenter, Ware, Spears, Newman, and WIlliams all were here whether it be for Dallas day or they were among the other 30 prospects that visit. I could be wrong, maybe they will draft him. Who knows.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
heir;2033301 said:
To be honest I have nothing against Talib and I was high on him early on, I just don't see the Cowboys drafting him after not even being able to work him out, scheduling conflict or not. I know they have film on him and saw him at the combine, but I can't recall Dallas drafting someone in recent years in the first round without that player being here in person once before the draft. Spencer, Carpenter, Ware, Spears, Newman, and WIlliams all were here whether it be for Dallas day or they were among the other 30 prospects that visit. I could be wrong, maybe they will draft him. Who knows.

They can still work him out -- each team gets 30 visits and we haven't filled those yet -- often teams end up looking at some long shot guys to fill that 30 - we tried to get Talib in on a free visit and it didn't work out but that doesn't mean he can't still come.

heir

Reaction score
abersonc;2033306 said:
They can still work him out -- each team gets 30 visits and we haven't filled those yet -- often teams end up looking at some long shot guys to fill that 30 - we tried to get Talib in on a free visit and it didn't work out but that doesn't mean he can't still come.

Very true. I was actually going to ask that question. Wasn't sure if the list of 30 prospects was completely filled yet. Like I said I was very high on Talib early on. I have cooled since with the talk of his off the field stuff. His talent is pretty impressive though.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Great, we get guy who should be in the 2nd round cause of all his baggage and another guy that is a 2nd round talent, all in the first round. How exciting.

Think I will puke now.

The Rawhide Kid

Gunslinger
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;2033365 said:
Great, we get guy who should be in the 2nd round cause of all his baggage and another guy that is a 2nd round talent, all in the first round. How exciting.

Think I will puke now.
If we're going to do this, why not just trade down so we can have more 2nd round picks if that's the quality of player we can get in the 1st. This mock draft is awful.:bang2:

Holloway805

05 & 09 Pick a Winner Champ
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2032826 said:
Watching Dominique Rodgers Cromartie go at 19 and Mike Jenkins go at 20 would really suck.
You are correct sir. Thats why we trade up with Arizona and nab DRC. Book it unless he is already off the board.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
skinsscalper;2033075 said:
As much as I hate to say it, Sarge, I think we are going to see Julius become, in Seattle, exactly what we hoped he'd be here in Dallas. I hope to heaven I'm wrong but my gut says Julius is going to be very effective there.

Honestly, I don't see it. He's just not that good. He'll be OK and will have some really good games but he's simply not a difference maker. I'm glad he's gone - he drove me NUTS.........IMO/FWIW of course............. ;)