New Perspective on Henson

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
At first I want to say that I am rooting for Henson to become the back-up and at some point in time becoming the starter. I will not however make something in to something its not, and Henson right now has been struggling. But I want you guys to all consider this. If Parcells wants to bring in somebody else, he will do it, so you can't call Henson a waste of roster spot. With that in mind, the 3rd round pick we used on Henson was for this past draft. In terms of Value Henson is a rookie this year. We all know he was out of football for 3 years, but in essence, Henson is a rookie this year. So, when you judge him, don't compare him to Eli Manning or Ben R.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
sigh...what do you think you can accomplish with this thread? This will juse make henson doubters laugh, and were in another heated discussion.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
I think the problem is there was so much hype around him. People were looking at draft reviews saying he was the best prospect to come out in 5 years and expecting him to come in here and absolutely burn the place down. Thats evidently not going to happen. Like Rack said lets see what happens in 2007.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Thread #674983020278 that's mindlessly defending the Henson trade and, even worse, defending Henson.

Trag3344

Benched
Reaction score
i just wish henson would of stayed with baseball.. he wanted to take the easy paycheck and have an easy life but once he started sucking at baseball he wanted to give football a run but now hes screwed himself out of both sports because hes not as talented as everyone thought he was.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to defend Henson, nor provoke anybody to debate. I was just trying to emphasize the idea that some people are jumping overboard too quickly.

Training Camp, although we are now getting into actual football, it can sometimes bring out the worst in people, I don't know why. I also don't understand why people are so cuthroat about what they think, and everybody who disagrees with them are somehow inhuman. I may be overexaggerating a bit, but this is just what I see.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Thread #674983020278 that's mindlessly defending the Henson trade and, even worse, defending Henson.

Response #454434664465 blasting the trade and jumping to conclusions.

If we are not spinning our wheels around here, we are not doing anything.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Once again, a little foreplay would be in order prior to jumping the gun.

parcellsguys

Reaction score
I have a new perspective also. He wasn't worth a third round pick. That's not to say he won't be a decent QB, but at that time in history the Cowboys should have used that pick on something else.

Romo, Romo, Romo!!!

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

And your post was post #78541201445203 mindlessy bashing a player from your "favorite" team and hoping him to fail when there is no evidence saying he will fail.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
And your post was post #78541201445203 mindlessy bashing a player from your "favorite" team and hoping him to fail when there is no evidence saying he will fail.

Why does saying a player is not looking good suddenly make me hope that he fails? :rolleyes: What a twit

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Why does saying a player is not looking good suddenly make me hope that he fails? :rolleyes: What a twit
Because you are also saying you'll drive him to the airport to get him out of town.

Short attention span?

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
These "will Henson get better" threads are getting old. I personally wish the kid all the luck in the world, but I'm also tired of "projects." The QB position shouldn't be one where you try out projects. Turning a QB into a WR, that's a project. Turning a 3rd baseman into a QB, that is not a project, it's a disaster. Henson is not a rookie...this is his second camp. Maybe he has the skills and maybe he doesn't. If he is going to be a starting QB in the NFL, it's going to take some time, i.e., several years. Not just the two or three that Bledsoe will be with the Cowboys.

If things stay the same this year, I see the Boys drafting a late first day or mid round QB in 2006. Yes it's early to talk draft, but everyone else is speculating on the success of a project.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Maybe ecause its obvious to everyone with your drive him to the airpiort, and he was a bust the minute he got here statements.

Tristan

Reaction score
What did Drew Breese look like after his second season? Bust? and he came straight from college with no time away from the game. Thank goodness for him someone felt that he deserved a third year.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tristan said:
What did Drew Breese look like after his second season? Bust? and he came straight from college with no time away from the game. Thank goodness for him someone felt that he deserved a third year.
Brees looked so good they drafted a QB with the 2nd pick in the draft. Talk about little faith.

sacase

Reaction score
hmmmm......we are not allowed to post our opinions here?

I think Henson won't be here much longer. That is my opinion.

Got a problem with it, take it up with the Constitution.

This is a message board where people are SUPPOSED to post there opinions and disagree.

Quit playing Who Wants to be the Most PC smarta*s.

We are fans we don't have to follow the party line. sheesh.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
maybe it's me - but it seems a li'l early in Henson's camp #2 for everybody to bailing off of him.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
sacase said:
hmmmm......we are not allowed to post our opinions here?

I think Henson won't be here much longer. That is my opinion.

Got a problem with it, take it up with the Constitution.

This is a message board where people are SUPPOSED to post there opinions and disagree.

Quit playing Who Wants to be the Most PC smarta*s.

We are fans we don't have to follow the party line. sheesh.

I hope this post wasn't directed at me, because if it is, you mistook what I said. I myself like disagreemant, it brings about good discussion and it often opens my eyes to things I wouldn't have otherwise known. My problem is the way in which people disagree and argue. I see far too often no respect in these debates.

If this wasn't directed at me, then I apologize for the misunderstanding.