CZ POLL New Poll: Do you think Romo will become the Cowboys starter again this season? **ended**

Do you think Romo will become the Cowboys starter again this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As we all know now, Romo has been designated and accepted his role as backup quarterback. That said, do you think Romo will replace Prescott as the starting quarterback for the Cowboys at some point this season, either due to a Prescott injury or Prescott struggling?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Prescott is young. The offensive line is protecting the quarterback exceptionally well this season. I don't foresee the front office backstepping from its decision regardless whether Prescott's level of play regresses... UNLESS it happens during a key moment in a playoff game.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Ravens and Vikings are coming up, 2 teams with a combined 21 INTs on the year. If anyone is going to rattle a rookie QB it's going to be those two teams. Whatever the coaches say Dak is on a short leash, if he starts throwing INTs and losing games they will take a chance on Romo. However if he gets through these 3 games he's probably the QB for at least the rest of the regular season.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just a reminder, the poll asks if Romo will become the starter due to Prescott injury or Prescott struggling .. :D

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right, so starting a meaningless game 16 doesn't count.
Exactly! I actually had "when it matters" and then "with the game on the line" in there at first, but felt that was too subjective. It was easier to just ask if Prescott would be replaced due to injury or poor play.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm kinda hoping the other poll will also return next week.

Then again, I am, in the immortal words of Bugs Bunny, a little stinker! :muttley:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can envision a couple scenarios where Romo starts, so I voted yes. Not saying he should though :cool:

fifaguy

Reaction score
This is like trying to guess whether Dak will be injured.

GIFTS86

Reaction score
Like someone pointed out above is don't think dak will get injured but poor performance heading into the playoffs could get jerry paranoid and he might call on romo. That's the most likely scenario to me.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I only voted yes due to the injury possibility.
I think if Dak struggles...IF for those that go crazy thinking I am anti Dak when I am clearly not...I think they keep him in there and let him learn to take his lumps and move on.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
This is my take....as I stated earlier

I believe the NFL is gonna fry Zeke for some games. I believe that without Zeke, Romo presents the best chance.....

I believe once Zeke is gone, might as well roll with Romo until Zeke is back....then it's game on with Dak again

Again, just my opinion

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I voted note because I don't think Dak is going to wind up injured this year so I don't think Romo gets back into the starting line up.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I voted no because if Dak struggles and Tony is put in and plays like he always has, the whole organization would look foolish. After all, they benched him without even giving him a chance to play at all. If Dak goes down, of course Tony will play, but they won't have any choice assuming only 2 QBs are active and he's the backup.

I really don't expect to see Tony play again until next year for a different team, hopefully with a brand-new ring to show his new teammates. :)

erod

Reaction score
I need to see Dak play better against New York and Philly. Until then, I have this eerie feeling Romo will still be needed.

Dak's not ready to win a Super Bowl. Romo is if he can stay healthy. Especially with this shaky defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.