CZ POLL New Poll: Do you think Romo will become the Cowboys starter again this season? **ended**

Do you think Romo will become the Cowboys starter again this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
During the off-season we'll probably be in the same boat we were last off-season trying to find a backup QB.

chagus

Reaction score
I'm personally gonna miss Romo. Huge fan of his. I love me some Dak and what he's done with this team but Romo was magic incarnate. I'm really, really gonna miss that. I doubt they'll bring Romo back. It's a done deal.

Sucks.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I picked yes, but this is a tougher poll since it's all about prediction. I really have no idea if Dak will get hurt, but that's the more likely scenario if Romo plays. As far as struggling goes, Dak would have to struggle significantly for 2-3 games and we'd have to lose those before we switched. With the way we run our O, i think that's unlkely

dfense

Reaction score
The Giants game was his first NFL start and I thought he played pretty well. Dez did drop a TD pass and Twill made a mistake near the end of the game that helped cost us. When the game was on the line against Philly, Dak was terrific leading us to a couple of TD's to tie and win the game in OT. Some act like Romo is going to be perfect if he were to have to play and that won't be the case. Who's to say Dak isn't ready to win a SB? Just because he's a rookie, anything is possible because most didn't think he was ready to do what he's done by leading us to an 8-1record and tying the longest winning streak in franchise history.

Not trying to bash Romo but he's never shown he's been ready to win a SB. We haven't gotten past the second round of the playoffs with him. The defense being shaky would be even shakier having to defend turnovers and Romo turns the ball over. He had 5 turnovers in his last two regular season games. Some can say what they want but I've never seen the Cowboys look as good as they do now with Romo at QB. Even in 07 we got dismantled early that season by NE. This team could very easily be undefeated.
Hard to say Romo has been ready to win a SB when he's only got 2 playoff wins and never got the team past the second round of the playoffs. Not trying to put all the blame on him but facts are facts. He played on some very good teams, so don't try and spin he played on lousy teams. He had some very talented teams especially offensively but his leadership skills have been questioned over the years along with his poise in critical games and he never had the ability to make the players around him better.

Once his game started to struggle the entire team would fold with him. The mark of a great QB is being able to raise the level of play around them and we're seeing that with Dak. The team has stepped up with him. He's shown tremendous leadership and poise especially for a rookie QB. Romo played very good in 2014 and was outstanding vs Detroit in the playoffs but he only attempted 19 passes against Green Bay the following week. He made a poor decision to go to Dez on a 50/50 jump ball late in the game on a manageable 4th and 2.
Always amazing how people justify things. That 50/50 jump ball is a TD if Dez holds on to it. Perfect catchable ball. But it's Romo's fault anyways. I suppose if Dak throws it, then it's Dez's fault for dropping it. Alrighty then.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Always amazing how people justify things. That 50/50 jump ball is a TD if Dez holds on to it. Perfect catchable ball. But it's Romo's fault anyways. I suppose if Dak throws it, then it's Dez's fault for dropping it. Alrighty then.

It was a perfect throw by Romo but it was a poor decision to go for a 50/50 jump ball on a manageable 4th and 2 with 4:42 left in the game. Had Dez's catch stood and we scored on the next play or two, Rodgers and the Packers would have had plenty of time to win the game or tie the game with a FG had we converted a 2 pointer. Rodgers was on fire and was shredding us so the smart decision would have been to pick up the first down on a pass to Witten or Beasley and milk the clock. Murray was averaging almost 5 yards a carry and we could have ate up some of the clock and started forcing the Packers to burn their time outs. As we got closer to the endzone we might have been able to run the ball in or it would have left us a fade to Dez which is very difficult to defend. What Dak has shown is he's not going to take a lot of chances he's going to move the chains.

We saw his approach when the Philly and Steelers games were on the line. In a 4th and 2 situation with plenty of time left he's going to be looking to move the chains by either pulling the ball down and running for it or he would look for a high percentage completion to net the first down. Romo is a gambler and it's led to some big plays and poor plays over his career. He's has never been the greatest decision maker he's too impulsive and it's led to mistakes. When you're challenged defensively and you're facing a hot QB you have to be smart offensively and a 50/50 jump ball to Dez with 4:42 left in the game on a manageable 4th and 2 was a poor decision.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's very possible Romo gets on the field again if Dak gets injured, we still have 7 games left and the playoffs. The sad thing is you have some who are hoping that's what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.