New roof installation gone weird

Praxit

Reaction score
Not only that, but not having a foreman at the site I thought was kind of strange. Just the workers.
..yeah, professionalism is thing of the past. They figure its better to have no supervisors. Not having someone to pay extra.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Not when I had my roof put on. The roofers came and let us know that they were there. They were in constant communication with us including the owner. In fact the owner was not happy that in my town the inspector has to come out 3 times to make sure everything is alright. He told me in other towns they only had to come out 2 times

Pass2Run

Reaction score
If no one is home, that's fine. But if you show up at a job site, wouldn't it be wise to ring the bell and say, hey, we're the roofers, we're about to start? When the guy came to put the steel fence around my house, they rang the doorbell to let us know they were there.
Not really. The foreman has responsibility to get the job done. I'm not sure why you're complaining. Unless you just need to have them stroke your ego, it's better that way. Just get it done..

Can you imagine being a roofer and having a busy body homeowner pointing you around, giving you his life history when all you want to do is get the job done and go home. Its like 120 degrees up there...

My dad is like that tho. If he pays someone, he wants to remind them of that throughout the job. He's an admitted control freak tho.

Just me, but I'd prefer it that way. As long as it gets done right, no need to chat.

Flamma

Reaction score
Not really. The foreman has responsibility to get the job done. I'm not sure why you're complaining. Unless you just need to have them stroke your ego, it's better that way. Just get it done..

Can you imagine being a roofer and having a busy body homeowner pointing you around, giving you his life history when all you want to do is get the job done and go home. Its like 120 degrees up there...

My dad is like that tho. If he pays someone, he wants to remind them of that throughout the job. He's an admitted control freak tho.

Just me, but I'd prefer it that way. As long as it gets done right, no need to chat.
You're assuming too much. There was no foreman on the site. When my sister in law got her roof, there was a foreman at the site the entire time. We just got four worker bees. When you do that, you run the risk of taking off the wrong roof. It's happened in the past.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Probably didn't pull a permit and wanted to get it done before they got busted by the city.
28b14900edba2caaf6953dffeacd752f.jpg