Twitter: New Secondary Coach

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
This is a Jerry hire.

We got a fat puppet on our hands here bros.
He's picking the staff but what about the players? Who's he going to be forced to keep? Does he have the power to trade a player or pick if he wants too? Those are the real questions.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He's picking the staff but what about the players? Who's he going to be forced to keep? Does he have the power to trade a player or pick if he wants too? Those are the real questions.
I think we'll be surprised on a couple players he doesn't extend that the old staff was in love with. As far as the draft, he never really got overly involved in Green Bay, not as much as like Marinelli did. So maybe it will all be a better system.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Nice youthful find.
Former Mesquite Skeeter (my mom's alma mater).

Played Safety in college and coacched CB in D1.
He will likely teach whatever technique is desired by Nolan who is uber-aggressive.

Exactly what I was thinking..........

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
Nice youthful find.
Former Mesquite Skeeter (my mom's alma mater).

Played Safety in college and coacched CB in D1.
He will likely teach whatever technique is desired by Nolan who is uber-aggressive.

Jourdan Lewis is finally out of the doghouse. Now the rest can start turning their heads to find the ball too without being benched for it.

JPM

Reaction score
I think we'll be surprised on a couple players he doesn't extend that the old staff was in love with. As far as the draft, he never really got overly involved in Green Bay, not as much as like Marinelli did. So maybe it will all be a better system.
Correct, Thompson was the main voice in GB regarding drafting.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I like it MM had plan and executing it quickly..

if this is the way he coaches throughout the week creating the game plan and executing on game days, we will do well.. IF ")

Rayman70

Reaction score
GIVE ME WINFIELD IN ROUND 2. Don't care if we have to move up some to do it. The kid has the it factor...always where he should be and can make plays. Jourdain Lewis is the closest thing we have to him. I would start him opposite lewis day 1. Byron Jones will be gone. Chido could be traded actually. Anthony Brown will be leaving. We have a ton of defensive holes to fill. I expect year 1 under MM will be a slight learning curve. Year 2 is the year under MM I am excited about realistically.

quickccc

Reaction score
Is he helping with secondary or is HE the secondary coach.....

i would think he would have to be the new secondary coach period.
we don't hear assistant coaches hired before the sole position coaches.

and i havent heard of Richard agreeing to remain the DB coach.
Richard has to be a goner. Word was they were interested in retaining him as a secondary coach and apparently either they couldn't they agree
to terms or Richard wasn't interested.

Interestingly enough i'm seeing Lindquist doesn't seem to have any NFL coaching experience.

75boyz

Reaction score
Can be actually teach someone to look for the ball?

Bermuda Triangle, where years, even multiple years and into decades even of unexplained phenomena...

Like the cure for cancer there has been no answer to the mystery of this Cowboy defensive oxymoron

If describing a Cowboy secondary and interceptions it's like oil and water. They don't mix.
A "jumbo shrimp or military intelligence" if there ever was one, lol

Hope this guy can solve it cuz his predecessors sure didnt

Sledgerc

Reaction score
8 Different schools in 12 years of coaching. He seems to improve the db units but 8 schools in 12 years is very worrisome.

Anyone hear if this guy has some kind of social problem within the workplace, where he has to keep moving around ???

75boyz

Reaction score
8 Different schools in 12 years of coaching. He seems to improve the db units but 8 schools in 12 years is very worrisome.

Anyone hear if this guy has some kind of social problem within the workplace, where he has to keep moving around ???

Don't know if that is the answer but would tend to agree as that is an awful lot of moving around.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score

on the other side...

Why would we want a coach who is content on staying at Valdosta st. and James Madison?

It’s called climbing the ladder.

Try looking at things from a positive perspective.

cowboyec

Reaction score
hope Jourdan Lewis comes outta all this as a starter,personally.
also hope Awuzie turns it around.
loved those 2 picks in that draft.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Too young secondary coach is a big win. Hope he gets input as to who we draft at cb.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
hope Jourdan Lewis comes outta all this as a starter,personally.
also hope Awuzie turns it around.
loved those 2 picks in that draft.

Lewis is just a backup rotational guy in the slot. If he starts we're screwed.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
I’ll never understand how a super bowl wining HC who’s been coaching for 30+ years gets second guessed by some Joe Shmoe half *** fan.

Even if I did second guess I’d be smart enough not to open my mouth about it and look like a fool doing so.