Twitter: New Secondary Coach

Carson

Reaction score
8 Different schools in 12 years of coaching. He seems to improve the db units but 8 schools in 12 years is very worrisome.

Anyone hear if this guy has some kind of social problem within the workplace, where he has to keep moving around ???

Look at his resume. He is literally climbing the ladder from lower schools to the SEC

2007 Baylor (Graduate Assistant / Safeties)
2008 Valdosta State (Defensive Backs / Special Teams)
2009-11 James Madison (Safeties)
2012 Buffalo (Defensive Backs)
2013 Buffalo (Defensive Backs / Defensive Passing Game Coordinator)
2014 Iowa State (Defensive Backs)
2015 Iowa State (Defensive Backs / Defensive Passing Game Coordinator)
2016 Mississippi State (Safeties)
2017 Minnesota (Defensive Backs)
2018- Texas A&M (Cornerbacks)

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
if he starts...he's earned it.

QB's had their highest qbr rating vs Lewis than our other CB's. I think if he was taller- longer arms he could do more. It's not that he's out of position he just gets beat alot.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
QB's had their highest qbr rating vs Lewis than our other CB's. I think if he was taller- longer arms he could do more. It's not that he's out of position he just gets beat alot.
Lewis was terrible vs the run also.

He gambles on pass defense.

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
what is the Jerry connection? You must have some insider info that isn’t commonly known.
This hire smells of something else. I don’t doubt that McCarthy could have hired him or Will McClay may have had his eye on him for a while and brought him to McCarthy. But the smell I’m concerned about is Garrett was a Baylor enthusiast (churning out RKGs who play and offense Garrett likes) and he may have recommended Linguist to Jerry before or after the McCarthy hire. There were suspicions that Garrett wanted to remain with Dallas in personnel - keeping his self-promoted-self-important status as talent scout like Family. This could be from Garrett through Jerry. That’s not good.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
This hire smells of something else. I don’t doubt that McCarthy could have hired him or Will McClay may have had his eye on him for a while and brought him to McCarthy. But the smell I’m concerned about is Garrett was a Baylor enthusiast (churning out RKGs who play and offense Garrett likes) and he may have recommended Linguist to Jerry before or after the McCarthy hire. There were suspicions that Garrett wanted to remain with Dallas in personnel - keeping his self-promoted-self-important status as talent scout like Family. This could be from Garrett through Jerry. That’s not good.

talk about a stretch...
I hope you didn’t put a lot of thought into this. Seriously

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jourdan Lewis is finally out of the doghouse. Now the rest can start turning their heads to find the ball too without being benched for it.
Lewis got extensive playing time this season and he was terrible.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
8 Different schools in 12 years of coaching. He seems to improve the db units but 8 schools in 12 years is very worrisome.

Anyone hear if this guy has some kind of social problem within the workplace, where he has to keep moving around ???
Promotions. Should he turn down offers from bigger schools?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dunno much about the guy..I will take a wait and see approach. I trust the plan MM has. He's been working on his staff for a year. My suspicion is its his hire, not jerrys.
A new Head Coach can't always hire coaches he knows really well because coaches are often under contract to other teams.

Regardless, Jerry is not pushing an unknown to most NFL fans coach onto McCarthy.

If Jerry was pushing a coach onto the Head Coach it would be some really well known name like Kiffin/Marinelli in 2013..

Kwyn

Reaction score
What’s the Baylor connection?

thought this guy was an Aggie?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Difficult to have an opinion on this hire.

he has no exp in the NFL.

seems to be a good teacher, based on the one video I watched.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Look at his resume. He is literally climbing the ladder from lower schools to the SEC

2007 Baylor (Graduate Assistant / Safeties)
2008 Valdosta State (Defensive Backs / Special Teams)
2009-11 James Madison (Safeties)
2012 Buffalo (Defensive Backs)
2013 Buffalo (Defensive Backs / Defensive Passing Game Coordinator)
2014 Iowa State (Defensive Backs)
2015 Iowa State (Defensive Backs / Defensive Passing Game Coordinator)
2016 Mississippi State (Safeties)
2017 Minnesota (Defensive Backs)
2018- Texas A&M (Cornerbacks)

no NFL exp at all.

We have no idea if this works out.