New Special Teams Coach

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Can maher not kick the ball out the back of the endzone? I hate for special teams/ kickoffs be the reason we keep teams in the game when we can just have them line up at the 25 instead of the 50.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
Only because the Giants are terrible. We played horribly and we had two weeks to prepare for this game. Had we played against a competent team we'd have taken an L last night.

This coaching staff basically needs to be purged. There's no one I think we absolutely must keep.

Wow. We more than doubled their points, held Barkley to 28 rushing yards, forced 3 turnovers, had 5 sacks, had 3 passing TD's, ran at will, and had a defensive TD (scoring 38 total points)...and played horribly? I know the Giants aren't good, but you want to purge the coaching staff after all that and when we are leading the division at 5-3?

Alrighty then! My avatar was my expression while reading your post.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only because the Giants are terrible. We played horribly and we had two weeks to prepare for this game. Had we played against a competent team we'd have taken an L last night.

This coaching staff basically needs to be purged. There's no one I think we absolutely must keep.

Oh, bother.
At least you really seem to be enjoying the season.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That doesn't matter if teams are starting from midfield all night long. Good teams will make those errors costly...

Whatever you want to say about the Giants, they’ve got some decent pieces on offense. And like I said, we won by three scores in a league built on parity and with plenty of room for improvement. If you can’t just enjoy the wins a little bit, and the third straight sweep of a division rival, what’s the point?

Blackrain

Reaction score
They really need to work on kickoff coverage. You cant give the other team the ball at the 50 yard line every time you freaking kickoff.

Thank God the Giants suck so bad it didnt matter, but against better teams that is just asking to get beat.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
image.jpg
Dickens and the NFL go together like cookies and milk. It just took a Brit to show us the way.

John813

Reaction score
Can't blame Maher for the poor kickoff coverage but the dude seemed to be kicking off from the 30 yard line.

Was short most of the night while Rosas was able to get it into the endzone. I know field goals and kickoffs are two different kicks, but IIRC I thought kickers could get more distance out of the kickoff due to the ability to put more into the kick due to being further back.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Well, if it’s coaching rather than someone blowing his individual assignment, then we can’t complain. Coverage was terrible on two kickoffs in a row. Some coaching took place, and the next two kickoff returns were bottled up inside the 20. We have no idea wat TE problem was or if good coaching fixed it

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The league has almost completely devalued ST but when they are bad it is really bad.

They need to roll back some of these rules. Ruining the game.
Sad to see, and you know they are considering doing away with kickoffs? :facepalm: