New stadium loan financing

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
BigDFan5;2413800 said:
How exactly does refinancing high interest loans to a lower interest rate mean Jerry is going to lose the team?
It doesn't. But Jerry hasn't secured a lower interest rate yet. The fact that the auction rate security market froze, leaving Jerry to pay ridiculously high interest rates for the last eight months does mean that he has felt the pinch.

BigDFan5;2413800 said:
You read something and obviously didnt understand it so you do what most Skins fans do and decided to make up your own story like making up the part about 350 million in overruns on the stadium, or that Jerry may lose the team.
One could say that the stadium cost $550 million more than Jones expected based upon their initial projections. Look, maybe Jerry will find new financing, and cowboys fans will pony up for the PSLs to pay off his debt, but neither of those are certain in the current climate.

Mysterio

Benched
Reaction score
Does anyone believe the Cowboys will actually sell-out all eight games, 80,000 people with the rediculous prices the seats cost? Especially if the Cowboys hit a roguh patch and you know, a guy like Brooks Bollinger is slinging INTs to Aaron Ross?

MONT17

Reaction score
I don't understand why ppl defend Jerry, he fired the 2 greatest Coaches Cowboyshistory in about 5 years of owning the team, yeah that's a good thing! The Boys haven't won a playoff game in 10 or 12 years and the GM is the only constant. If ppl can dream about the boys makin the Super Bowl why can't ppl dream about Jerry losing the Cowboys!

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2413816 said:
It doesn't. But Jerry hasn't secured a lower interest rate yet. The fact that the auction rate security market froze, leaving Jerry to pay ridiculously high interest rates for the last eight months does mean that he has felt the pinch.

No it means like every smart person he is trying to get a lower rate

One could say that the stadium cost $550 million more than Jones expected based upon their initial projections. Look, maybe Jerry will find new financing, and cowboys fans will pony up for the PSLs to pay off his debt, but neither of those are certain in the current climate.

Or you could say once Jerry got partial financing from Arlington he added a bunch of stuff to the stadium raising the cost by 550 million, since that is exactly what happened. Its not like the stadium cost went up out of nowhere he added things raising the cost on purpose

Jerry will find new financing if he doesnt, he will pay 10 mill more a year in interest or whatever it is. Not like the man is hurting for money

As for the PSL's they will sell out before the season starts next year no worries there

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
MONT17;2413849 said:
I don't understand why ppl defend Jerry, he fired the 2 greatest Coaches Cowboyshistory in about 5 years of owning the team, yeah that's a good thing! The Boys haven't won a playoff game in 10 or 12 years and the GM is the only constant. If ppl can dream about the boys makin the Super Bowl why can't ppl dream about Jerry losing the Cowboys!

Thats a great answer to the facts I provided :rolleyes:

At least you admit it was nothing but a fantasy. I bet you didnt even read the article LOL

MONT17

Reaction score
Hey if Jerry loses the Cowboys its a good thing! U act like Jerry will take the STAR and the LOMBARDI Trophies with him. But it makes u wonder why Jerry dint have a comment for the article. Jerry talks about everything dealin with the Cowboys, why is he so quiet? I guess until ESPN covers it Cowboy fans outside of Dallas will not think this is an issue. But this will be a good one

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
The only thing I want to know is whats up with that picture of the stadium? The whole thing looks like it was twisted in a hurricane!

MONT17

Reaction score
I have a gf in Dallas and she says the PSLs are less than 60% than projected! It would be nice to have some ppl from the Metroplex give the board a pulse of the city. Jerry can't sell psl unless he lowers the price or creates a better product and I'm not sure in this economy the latter will work no matter how many Big name WRs u aquire! If Jerry lowers the Price on the psls where does he get the cash to pay off the first loan of 125 and the one 4 350? No matter how u look at it Jerry can't be happy with this article hence the no comment.

MONT17

Reaction score
The facts u provided? The aritcle gave the facts and we give opinions based on the article.
the opinion u had was ppl look for better intrest rates all the time but article quoted someone calling this deal a Bellwether. U also gave ur opinion about psl sales and how they will be fine for next season. But the article says Jerry needs the loan by Dec 1. I'm of the opinion Jerry overestimated this cash cow just like he did the team on the field and I hope it will cost him the team. I think u are of the opinion everything is just peachy in Jerryland and this is a fantasy story.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MONT17;2413971 said:
The facts u provided? The aritcle gave the facts and we give opinions based on the article.
the opinion u had was ppl look for better intrest rates all the time but article quoted someone calling this deal a Bellwether. U also gave ur opinion about psl sales and how they will be fine for next season. But the article says Jerry needs the loan by Dec 1. I'm of the opinion Jerry overestimated this cash cow just like he did the team on the field and I hope it will cost him the team. I think u are of the opinion everything is just peachy in Jerryland and this is a fantasy story.

Do you have somebody to help tie your shoelaces for you? Be careful, b/c it's really easy to trip when you're walking around with them untied!

MONT17

Reaction score
Shoelaces? What does that have to do with the subject. If u don't like my response to the article that's fine I'm not here to win anyone over, sorry about that!

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
a good thing if jerry loses the team? Wow.. Probably one of the best owners in sports and you think thats good? He has done a lot for the league and will do anything for this ball club.. Might want to look around and ask yourself who would be a better owner? please this is silly do you think jerry went in to this deal knowing he might lose the team? I highly doubt that. He is well protected and his investment is well protected and his CLUB is one of the richest in sports, So don't be fooled by a lame-duck article about the loan it will take place and if the "RATE" refi does not happen by the 1st it will happen soon after that. If the feds lower the rate using the "LIBOR" jerry will benefit.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
MONT17;2413971 said:

LMAO! please define bellweather

MONT17

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong! Do I think Jerry will lose the team over this? no. Do I want him to lose the team over this? Yes! Why? I feel the Cowboys could win a Super bowl if Jerry wasn't the GM and he is not goin to get fired. This is hope, more bad deals on and off the field and he will lose the team!

As far as the article goes I think the quote of the bellweather deal means in terms of all the other deals the article mentions. I don't think bellweather has anything to do with a ppl lookin for lower rates like u suggest. The article talks about selling off the loan to other banks calling it syndicating.

But gettin back to Jerrys deal why does he need the money by DEC 1st? To me if I am a jerry backer I wanna ask, will the stadium get done on time for the opener?

Its not a big deal... u guys feel like this is a non story, I'm fascinated by it because I calld it months ago! I'm not trying to change ur mind I'm just trying to connect the dots. Jerry is a great owner but in his first press conference in Dallas he said win is the name of the game. He can't even win a playoff game!

I've been 2 1 game this year, it wasn't cheap and I can't imagine putting out the kinda cash jerry wants for a team that may not make the playoffs. But I'm sure u and all ur online buddies have ur PSLs already! Icant afford them and I don't know too many ppl who can pay in this market! Ppl in Texas didn't vote for Obama so I'm sure they r not as optimistic as those of u in Jerry World!

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
MONT17;2413761 said:
Do u have the link to the 2billion NFL loan?
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&refer=home&sid=arxQa7pEgcOo

You might want to check into this thing called Google.

You're getting excited for no reason.

What happens if Jones doesn't get the terms he's asking for? He pays a little higher interest rate for a while, until he's able to secure better terms elsewhere. And he will, eventually, unless the economy almost completely collapses. BoA already has a huge committment to the project, so they will find some way to finance it, and the NFL would probably help as well, if necessary. Regardless, it's very unlikely this is going to have a severe impact on Jones.

Mysterio

Benched
Reaction score
MONT17;2414014 said:
Don't get me wrong! Do I think Jerry will lose the team over this? no. Do I want him to lose the team over this? Yes! Why? I feel the Cowboys could win a Super bowl if Jerry wasn't the GM and he is not goin to get fired. This is hope, more bad deals on and off the field and he will lose the team!

As far as the article goes I think the quote of the bellweather deal means in terms of all the other deals the article mentions. I don't think bellweather has anything to do with a ppl lookin for lower rates like u suggest. The article talks about selling off the loan to other banks calling it syndicating.

But gettin back to Jerrys deal why does he need the money by DEC 1st? To me if I am a jerry backer I wanna ask, will the stadium get done on time for the opener?

Its not a big deal... u guys feel like this is a non story, I'm fascinated by it because I calld it months ago! I'm not trying to change ur mind I'm just trying to connect the dots. Jerry is a great owner but in his first press conference in Dallas he said win is the name of the game. He can't even win a playoff game!

I've been 2 1 game this year, it wasn't cheap and I can't imagine putting out the kinda cash jerry wants for a team that may not make the playoffs. But I'm sure u and all ur online buddies have ur PSLs already! Icant afford them and I don't know too many ppl who can pay in this market! Ppl in Texas didn't vote for Obama so I'm sure they r not as optimistic as those of u in Jerry World!

:lmao2: You have no idea what you are talking about.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Banks are lending, but due to stricter guidelines, the number of people who qualify has decreased.

The article below is not the article I initially read a few weeks ago, but it details how Banks now have cash, they just don't have people to loan the money too.

Billions of federal bailout dollars are flooding the financial system, credit markets are loosening and many banks say they are ready to lend. But a crucial piece needed to solve the credit crisis is still missing: borrowers.

link