New Stadium seat "options"

nathanlt

Reaction score
I've heard that Texas Stadium prices are exceptionally high for the 2009 season. How ridiculous is it that seat options (which are REQUIRED) cost up to $150,000 for 30 year ownership and the privilege of buying a season ticket costing $3400??!!

The cheapest seat options (still required) cost $2000 and sit 120 yards from the star, not to mention the added distance for the slant height. The seats that have no required 30 year ownership are all sold out, were never available to the general public!

How badly has Jerry lost his mind, to think that the Cowboys loyal fans for so many years are priced out of sitting in his new stadium, at a time when gas prices are killing all of us.

The $150000 seats will be empty on opening day. No one in their right mind chooses 2 seats at the new Stadium over their house.
The question is, how far will the blackout area be for the first game of the 2009 season?

Jerry.... lost his mind!

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Omg.. your still here?

Jeez i thought Reality hired the pest control last month?

I need to email him today...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
they have sold most seats already. many of us on this board alone have bought seats.

rest assured the place wont be empty.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theebs;2189478 said:
they have sold most seats already. many of us on this board alone have bought seats.

rest assured the place wont be empty.

I agree it will be a hot ticket in its 1st season. While I can't buy season tickets living in Houston chances are I will have to buy tickets next season through a ticket outlet like Stub Hub.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
nathanlt;2189446 said:
I've heard that Texas Stadium prices are exceptionally high for the 2009 season. How ridiculous is it that seat options (which are REQUIRED) cost up to $150,000 for 30 year ownership and the privilege of buying a season ticket costing $3400??!!

The cheapest seat options (still required) cost $2000 and sit 120 yards from the star, not to mention the added distance for the slant height. The seats that have no required 30 year ownership are all sold out, were never available to the general public!

How badly has Jerry lost his mind, to think that the Cowboys loyal fans for so many years are priced out of sitting in his new stadium, at a time when gas prices are killing all of us.

The $150000 seats will be empty on opening day. No one in their right mind chooses 2 seats at the new Stadium over their house.
The question is, how far will the blackout area be for the first game of the 2009 season?

Jerry.... lost his mind!

feel free to exersize your god given right to go do something else.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
nathanlt;2189446 said:

Jerry.... lost his mind!
I thought you got divorced? Won't you only need one ticket?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
#81 is still here.............. :eek:

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
iceberg;2189507 said:
feel free to exersize your god given right to go do something else.
:lmao2:
Double Trouble;2189518 said:
he was married? lets hope for no procreation...

kinda kidding

zack

Reaction score
Seven;2189525 said:
#81 is still here.............. :eek:

Who has actually bought season tickets, but doesn't live in the Dallas area? I have pondered this with hopes of one day moving to Dallas in several years...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
zack;2189640 said:
Who has actually bought season tickets, but doesn't live in the Dallas area? I have pondered this with hopes of one day moving to Dallas in several years...

there are actually a couple of people who have.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
zack;2189640 said:

Those tickets sell very well to opposing teams fans.

notherbob

Reaction score
If people want to go to the games badly enough, they'll pay for the tickets one way or another. It's Jerry's team and he can do anything he wants to as long as people pay the price; when they stop paying the price, he'll probably adjust down to a price people are willing to pay.

It's only a problem for those who want to attend games and since I don't, it doesn't affect me. Teams have come to expect their fans to be willing to make sacrifices to support their favorite team. Since I am unwilling to do so, people like me are easily replaced by the thousands who are eagerly willing to pay the price. Business is good and I am able to watch my game on TV and everyone is happy.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
zack;2189640 said:
Me. ....

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
zack;2189640 said:

Pondering, for several years? Doesn't sound much like a committment. JMO.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2189518 said:

You are acting like a complete jerk. Why would divorce be funny?

Thankfully, still happily married. I'm truly blessed.

You're completely off topic, Jerry is ripping off the fans, gathering approximately 10 million per week in tickets, then asking for about 230 million in seat licenses. The stadium will be paid off in 8 years, and the last 20 will be pure profit.

The demand will not be there for seat options, the single game tickets would probably be the only way to sell out.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
nathanlt;2190044 said:
You are acting like a complete jerk. Why would divorce be funny?

Thankfully, still happily married. I'm truly blessed.

You're completely off topic, Jerry is ripping off the fans, gathering approximately 10 million per week in tickets, then asking for about 230 million in seat licenses. The stadium will be paid off in 8 years, and the last 20 will be pure profit.

The demand will not be there for seat options, the single game tickets would probably be the only way to sell out.
If the demand's not there, how's he making all that money?

nathanlt

Reaction score
theogt;2190046 said:
If the demand's not there, how's he making all that money?

It won't be for the seat options, he'll have to resort to single game tickets initally, then lower the club seats option requirement.

OPTION... yeah, right!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
nathanlt;2190048 said:
It won't be for the seat options, he'll have to resort to single game tickets initally, then lower the club seats option requirement.
So what's wrong?

OPTION... yeah, right!
It gives you the exclusive option of buying that seat's season tickets. What part don't you understand?

nathanlt

Reaction score
theogt;2190049 said:
So what's wrong?

It gives you the exclusive option of buying that seat's season tickets. What part don't you understand?

It's not optional if you want season tickets. You must pay the seat "option" first, to even have the privilege.... ugh.