New Stadium seat "options"

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
PSL's only screw the fans.

It's a shame really, and a major reason I don't want the Commanders to build a new stadium during this trend.

Yes, you can indeed make a little money from them in certain situations. What happens in 30 years when your "rights" expire ? Another 150k ?

tskyler

Reaction score
nathanlt;2190051 said:
It's not optional if you want season tickets. You must pay the seat "option" first, to even have the privilege.... ugh.

Look, sorry you don't seem to be able to afford things like this. Some of us make enough money to afford luxuries like season tickets for the Cowboys. And please get this straight it is a luxury. No one has any right to be "entertained" in the manner that they want. The Cowboys are a business venture.

Personally, the seat options are a trivial amount of money. There are a lot of people that feel the same way. If we like the Cowboys, we spend the money. There are a lot of other ways to see the Cowboys if you can't afford this. Buy single tickets. Can't afford that? Watch them on an HD set and Buy a satellite dish. Cant afford that? Go to a Sports Bar. Have to be there? Pick a new team and go to their games. Don't want to drive to far? Watch the Dallas Desperados. Don't like Arena football? Pick a new sport. Soccer is cheap to watch.

Don't like any of those options? Well budget more money for a PSL or get a job or start a business that lets you afford it. Its just silly to complain about it. Jerry has a business. He will make the most he can with it just like we all do with our businesses. If he set his prices too high he wouldn't make money. He doesn't and is making money hand over fist. Those who can afford it are buying. Law of supply and demand. This is a VERY good thing. It is called capitalism.

Repeat after me. Football is just entertainment. Football is just entertainment.

Skyler

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
I couldn't get tickets last year because they were all sold out. I'm hoping the new stadium will have enough seats to be able to buy a ticket w/out going through a scalper that will charge 10x more. What is the best and cheapest method to buy tickets for a single season game?

nathanlt

Reaction score
tskyler;2190072 said:
Look, sorry you don't seem to be able to afford things like this. Some of us make enough money to afford luxuries like season tickets for the Cowboys. And please get this straight it is a luxury. No one has any right to be "entertained" in the manner that they want. The Cowboys are a business venture.

Personally, the seat options are a trivial amount of money. There are a lot of people that feel the same way. If we like the Cowboys, we spend the money. There are a lot of other ways to see the Cowboys if you can't afford this. Buy single tickets. Can't afford that? Watch them on an HD set and Buy a satellite dish. Cant afford that? Go to a Sports Bar. Have to be there? Pick a new team and go to their games. Don't want to drive to far? Watch the Dallas Desperados. Don't like Arena football? Pick a new sport. Soccer is cheap to watch.

Don't like any of those options? Well budget more money for a PSL or get a job or start a business that lets you afford it. Its just silly to complain about it. Jerry has a business. He will make the most he can with it just like we all do with our businesses. If he set his prices too high he wouldn't make money. He doesn't and is making money hand over fist. Those who can afford it are buying. Law of supply and demand. This is a VERY good thing. It is called capitalism.

Repeat after me. Football is just entertainment. Football is just entertainment.

Skyler

Supply and demand is my point exactly. Those who shrewdly invest and have the discipline to afford $150,000 per seat, are wise enough not to put $150,000 down with nothing to show after 30 years. Those Club seats are not going to be sold out, something's got to give.
Gas prices are making prices like that exceed demand.

"Repeat after me"... what a stupid phrase!

Jerry has priced out some very loyal season ticket holders who are lifelong fans. HE IS OUT OF TOUCH WITH DALLAS COWBOYS FANS.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Here's one more point. Over half the Cowboys current roster could not spend less than half their one year salary to purchase 2 club seats in the new stadium.

Again, 27 Dallas Cowboys players can't afford to bring both parents to club seats without giving up OVER half their 2007 salary!

3 of them would forfeit their entire 2007 salary for just 2 season tickets!

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
nathanlt;2190083 said:
Here's one more point. Over half the Cowboys current roster could not spend less than half their one year salary to purchase 2 club seats in the new stadium.

Again, 27 Dallas Cowboys players can't afford to bring both parents to club seats without giving up OVER half their 2007 salary!

I don't think your numbers are right.

Pretty sure, base salary was over 200k without signing bonus last year.

We both may need links regarding our points however.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
zack;2189640 said:
Who has actually bought season tickets, but doesn't live in the Dallas area? I have pondered this with hopes of one day moving to Dallas in several years...

Ticket resalers are one group who come in and buy the limit and then resale the individual game tickets

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
nathanlt;2190051 said:
It's not optional if you want season tickets. You must pay the seat "option" first, to even have the privilege.... ugh.
THE OPTION IS TO BUY THE SEASON TICKETS.

Do you not know what an option is? You buy an option, which is a contract that gives you the right to buy something else. In this case, it's season tickets.

The option can be financed over the life of the option (i.e., 30 years). So, for the $150,000 seat level, you're only paying about $14,000 per year for the option itself. Then you're paying about $300 (or $350, can't remember) per game ticket. So it comes out to somewhere around $20,000 per year for those seats. Are you telling me someone that makes over $500,000 per year (the approximate minimum salary for a 4th year player) can't afford $20,000 for a season ticket?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
nathanlt;2190048 said:
It won't be for the seat options, he'll have to resort to single game tickets initally, then lower the club seats option requirement.

OPTION... yeah, right!

I have a question. Why are you acting like the only tickets you can buy are club level? There are plenty of seats plus the end zone is just like seattle and they are going to sell 20 dollar standing room only tickets. So you can always do that.

And why do you think the stadium will not sell out. I talked to the ticket broker assigned to me two weeks ago and he could barely find me my one seat I bought. The entire lower bowl in the 1,2 and 300 level seats were gone. Plus I am pretty sure the upper level no psl seats were wiped out fast too.

The biggest thing to me is do you understand you can pay for the psl with a 30 year loan? I only put down 800 bucks for my psl and All I have to pay each year is 123 dollars 1 time by april 1 of each year. Its not bad at all. If you had to pay for the psl up front then yea it would be very difficult for people to do this, but to find a way to finance 2, 4, 5 or maybe 8 thousand when you only have to put a fraction down is not that hard.

For me I actually kept my costs exactly the same in the new stadium as in the old, now I have two seats currently but only bought 1 for the new stadium so it isnt equal, but costs me the same in the spring. Just now I get half my money back selling the other ticket to the people who go with me.

anyway, Look into it more because it seems you are confused. There are affordable seats, the upper level seats appear to be outstanding if you do not have an issue with heights and they are in expensive. And most importantly the psl will only cost you about 120 per seat once a year by may 1.

I was very worried originally when I saw the club seats but when the rest of the prices came out that eased that. Now if I had to buy 4 seats for my whole family it would very expensive, right now I dont have to do that.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
nathanlt;2190044 said:
You are acting like a complete jerk. Why would divorce be funny?

Thankfully, still happily married. I'm truly blessed.

You're completely off topic, Jerry is ripping off the fans, gathering approximately 10 million per week in tickets, then asking for about 230 million in seat licenses. The stadium will be paid off in 8 years, and the last 20 will be pure profit.

The demand will not be there for seat options, the single game tickets would probably be the only way to sell out.
I'm glad to hear that the PSLs aren't wrecking your marriage.

Football is a business. It might be a hobby to you, but to Jerry Jones and his family, it's their livelihood. It's not a charity.

Driving to work this morning, I noticed that every car I met wasn't a Bentley or a Maybach. Thats not fair! They've priced the average guy out of luxury cars!!!

And if there's no demand and Jones can't sell tickets, how is he going to rake in all that cash? Fact is, he'll sell most of the PSL's available, and every game will be sold out. And so what if he rakes in his cash debt free for 20 years? It's his $ that's on the line. He's the one who's guaranteed hundreds of millions in debt, not you. He can charge what he pleases. The more the better, I say. I'd do the same if I were in his position. He's in the business of making $, not the business of making sure Nathan can afford whatever he wants.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
nathanlt;2190083 said:

dude, then don't buy the frigging product! go watch basketball, the rangers, do we have soccer still?

i'm betting you can't afford a lamborghini either but i don't see you yelling at them.

nathanlt

Reaction score
theogt;2190213 said:
THE OPTION IS TO BUY THE SEASON TICKETS.

Do you not know what an option is? You buy an option, which is a contract that gives you the right to buy something else. In this case, it's season tickets.

The option can be financed over the life of the option (i.e., 30 years). So, for the $150,000 seat level, you're only paying about $14,000 per year for the option itself. Then you're paying about $300 (or $350, can't remember) per game ticket. So it comes out to somewhere around $20,000 per year for those seats. Are you telling me someone that makes over $500,000 per year (the approximate minimum salary for a 4th year player) can't afford $20,000 for a season ticket?

Actually, 2 of the players went to the Pro Bowl, (Roy Williams and Barber), and one more was a first round pick (Adam Jones)

The point is, these three would have to FINANCE! They're not in the market to buy outright, unless they forfeit over half their salary.... before taxes!!!

Club Seat options will not be sold out on the first gameday, 2009, at these prices. The seats themselves might, but not all the seat options in the clubs seats...

If you think the prices are reasonble, you're wrong. Deal with it!

I'm done discussing this.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
nathanlt;2190505 said:
Actually, 2 of the players went to the Pro Bowl, (Roy Williams and Barber), and one more was a first round pick (Adam Jones)

The point is, these three would have to FINANCE! They're not in the market to buy outright, unless they forfeit over half their salary.... before taxes!!!

Club Seat options will not be sold out on the first gameday, 2009, at these prices. The seats themselves might, but not all the seat options in the clubs seats...

I still dont get why you need to buy the club seats. Are you too good for the seats in the rest of the stadium? those club seats are geared towards a particular market. And your whining about the general public not having a chance to buy seats, well that is because current season ticket holders had and should have the opportunity to buy seats first.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
nathanlt;2190505 said:

Classic. You show the reasoning of a 5 year old and proclaim yourself victor.

It should be mine because I want it! :laugh2:

Verdict

Reaction score
I live in Oklahoma and have been a Dallas Cowboys season ticket holder for several years now. I have end zone seats (which I actually prefer over the sidelines seats except the seats between the 40 yardlines).

I didn't like ponying up $4,000.00 per seat for a seat license, but I bit the bullet and did it. I know someone who bought almost identical seats for the Texans and paid a comparable amount for her seat license and tickets.

My guess is that all but the highest priced seats (with the highest seat options) will sell out swiftly. The high dollar seats probably won't sell out until right before the season starts next year.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
nathanlt;2190505 said:

I was actually happy that the prices were what they were. It was the only way I could get season tickets in the section I got. If they were cheaper, they would have filled up with all the pre-existing season ticket holders and I wouldn't have been able to get them.

So, if I'm wrong, I don't wanna be right. ;)

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
theogt;2190689 said:
I was actually happy that the prices were what they were. It was the only way I could get season tickets in the section I got. If they were cheaper, they would have filled up with all the pre-existing season ticket holders and I wouldn't have been able to get them.

So, if I'm wrong, I don't wanna be right. ;)
Elitist!

Verdict

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2190774 said:

If a person has the money to buy a seat licence for whatever cost, why begrudge them. There are people who can treat a million dollars as if it is sending the kids to school with their lunch money.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Verdict;2190842 said:
If a person has the money to buy a seat licence for whatever cost, why begrudge them. There are people who can treat a million dollars as if it is sending the kids to school with their lunch money.
I was being sarcastic. I just wish I could buy a suite.