New Tattoo

ethiostar

Reaction score
Hostile;3854298 said:
No. I'm not afraid of sawed off chain smoking midgets and I have never seen a tattoo as a sign of toughness. So no.

I don't remember the thread you mention, so I am not sure how important I felt it was.

Yeah, and I was clearly joking throughout that thread wasn't I? The real truth is I did not go into the World Cup thread and piss on it or their passion for their sport. I did it out of respect.

It is the truth, so I shouldn't say it? How does that work?

Can't, the wife is ill.

Yes, that was very considerate of you. If I'm not mistaken I think that's about all BP and maybe others are asking for concerning this particular topic.

Anyway, I can't think of many topics that are worth arguing online for. It's tiring and tedious to me. It's not worth it, and as far as I can tell no one has ever succeeded in convincing the other party on any subject. It simply never gets anybody anywhere. So I'm bowing out of this one.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ethiostar;3854337 said:
Yes, that was very considerate of you. If I'm not mistaken I think that's about all BP and maybe others are asking for concerning this particular topic.

Anyway, I can't think of many topics that are worth arguing online for. It's tiring and tedious to me. It's not worth it, and as far as I can tell no one has ever succeeded in convincing the other party on any subject. It simply never gets anybody anywhere. So I'm bowing out of this one.
BP has made it very clear to me that he does not like me. Crystal clear in fact.

I said before, this is a topic "I feel strongly about." The chances of me being silent on something "I feel strongly about" are slim and none. I feel strongly about religion. But it is not allowed as a topic here, therefore I will not discuss it. I feel strongly about what my state is going through right now. But that is political and has no place here.

If you guys want me to shut up about tattoos and soccer it is real easy to accomplish. Make those topics forbidden on this forum. I will abide by the rules and I won't ever say a peep about them again.

I am not speaking out against tattoos to change anyone's mind unless they ask if they should get one. At that point I will do my damnedest to talk them out of it. If they go ahead and get one it is their right. My brothers have tattoos. Many of my best friends do too. Holy crap man, I'm a biker. Do you think I haven't seen tats all over some of my biker buddies? It doesn't change how I feel about any of them.

Do I "preach" to them? Yes, if the subject is opened, I damned sure do. Like I said, "I feel strongly about it." I am very aware it is a cultural thing in our country now. Note I did not say racial, because it isn't. The current generation is a culture regardless of race. I do not get it. It is my right to be dense to the attraction of this.

I did not piss on the OPs tattoo. It's his. It's his body. I applaud what he is going through as a single Dad. He said he will never be in trouble because of that. I applaud him for that whether he has a tattoo or never got one. His tattoo would never color me into liking him or disliking him. Pity the same can not be said about people having differing opinions, and I do not necessarily mean you.

Wimbo

Reaction score
djmajestik;3854068 said:
I'd quit before I'd let that happen!

Just making a joke out of a commercial that was made a few years ago... a guy walked into his team's locker room with a giant Lions logo tattooed on his back saying, "hey guy's, check out my new tattoo!" A few seconds later, a coach walks by and says, "sorry kid, your've been traded to the Bears" (or something like that). Funny.

Congrats on the ink. I hope you enjoy it.

djmajestik

Reaction score
Wimbo;3854447 said:
Just making a joke out of a commercial that was made a few years ago... a guy walked into his team's locker room with a giant Lions logo tattooed on his back saying, "hey guy's, check out my new tattoo!" A few seconds later, a coach walks by and says, "sorry kid, your've been traded to the Bears" (or something like that). Funny.

Congrats on the ink. I hope you enjoy it.

Yeah I know which one you are referring to LOL - Love that! And thanks man!

djmajestik

Reaction score
Just an FYI, I never meant this thread to take the turn that it did. I posted this just to show my love for the Cowboys, not to get into a diatribe on whether tattoos or good or bad, whether people should get them. I always say to each his own. If something is not affecting me, then why should I get all hot and bothered about it.

Personally, I have never really liked tattoos. I never wanted one. I am 35 years old, and my girl has them (not real keen on them, but again, not my place to judge). She's a great person, we talked in depth about it, and I decided to get one to honor the team I have followed since I was 4.

When I got it, I knew I was happy with the decision. I don't mind people thinking it was a DUMB thing to do, and I appreciate those that like it. Either way, not a big deal.

But my apologies, had I known this thread would have turned into a flame war, I never would have posted it. Just really excited to share my love of the Cowboys with this site.

Thanks again for everyone that responded about the tattoo, thank you.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
djmajestik;3854644 said:
Just an FYI, I never meant this thread to take the turn that it did. I posted this just to show my love for the Cowboys, not to get into a diatribe on whether tattoos or good or bad, whether people should get them. I always say to each his own. If something is not affecting me, then why should I get all hot and bothered about it.

Personally, I have never really liked tattoos. I never wanted one. I am 35 years old, and my girl has them (not real keen on them, but again, not my place to judge). She's a great person, we talked in depth about it, and I decided to get one to honor the team I have followed since I was 4.

When I got it, I knew I was happy with the decision. I don't mind people thinking it was a DUMB thing to do, and I appreciate those that like it. Either way, not a big deal.

But my apologies, had I known this thread would have turned into a flame war, I never would have posted it. Just really excited to share my love of the Cowboys with this site.

Not your fault at all. You have nothing to apologize for and you did nothing wrong. :starspin

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
djmajestik;3854644 said:

You didn't do anything wrong, so don't sweat it at all. Controversial things bring out opinions. No big deal.

ethiostar

Reaction score
djmajestik;3854644 said:

You don't have anything to apologize for, if anything i should be one of the ones to apologize to you for derailing your thread from its intended purpose. I should have known better than to say anything to begin with. I apologized to Hos when i contributed to ruining his thread sometime ago (the one he can't remember) and i apologize to you now as well.

When i get time i will take a picture of my tattoo and post it here. Maybe this can turn into a thread about tattoos.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ethiostar;3854704 said:
You don't have anything to apologize for, if anything i should be one of the ones to apologize to you for derailing your thread from its intended purpose. I should have known better than to say anything to begin with. I apologized to Hos when i contributed to ruining his thread sometime ago (the one he can't remember) and i apologize to you now as well.

When i get time i will take a picture of my tattoo and post it here. Maybe this can turn into a thread about tattoos.
Hah!

Love the sig pic man. Love it. The look on his face is priceless.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Hostile;3854967 said:
You take that down you should get kicked in the pills. :D

:eek:

I need my pills in one piece, or rather two. I would like to make at least one more just like him, preferably one with longer hair and different plumbings. :)

Reaction score
Hostile;3853587 said:
I am not kidding one bit. Ask any prison guard, cop, bounty hunter, or someone involved in suspect or victim identification. Tattoos absolutely are used to identify people because they are distinctive.

If you ever watch Dog the Bounty Hunter and they start talking about who they are going after one thing they always talk about are tats. Hair can be colored and cut, beards can be grown or shaved. It is a lot harder to alter a tat.

When guys go to prison the first thing that happens is all of their tats are photographed. Absolutely used as evidence and for their own videos if they have a fight but cannot see faces. They zoom in on tats and make IDs.

Every police report with a height, weight, eye and hair color also has a section for distinguishing marks, and tats are the number 1 entry.

In prison tats are considered contraband but do you know why prisons don't remove tats from prisoners? I've already told you. Identify. Heck they can identify which prison gangs they belong to just by tats and all that goes into files.

I did nothing but speak the truth. If you have a unique tat, don't commit a crime because that will come back to haunt you. It is as damning as DNA for a jury.

I thought you were trying to imply that somehow a tattoo makes you a criminal or vice versa. I did not doubt what you said.

I think a lot of people stereotype people w/ tattoos. And having many myself, that really pisses me off.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3855583 said:
I thought you were trying to imply that somehow a tattoo makes you a criminal or vice versa. I did not doubt what you said.

I think a lot of people stereotype people w/ tattoos. And having many myself, that really pisses me off.
Absolutely not.

Everyone gets stereotyped. I have been for not liking tattoos. Welcome to the real world where other people have opinions about you no matter what you say, do, or dress like.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Wow. I'm honestly shocked, i mean completely shocked, to find out that Hos feels very strongly about being against tattoos.