New York A.G. tells DraftKings and FanDuel to stop doing business there

Rogah

Reaction score
Post Script: I certainly acknowledge the possibility of a compromise (re: bribe) where the DFS's pay lots of $$ to the state.... they just won't win in the long run in courtrooms.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Post Script: I certainly acknowledge the possibility of a compromise (re: bribe) where the DFS's pay lots of $$ to the state.... they just won't win in the long run in courtrooms.

They would still probably have to admit it was gambling. That would kill them in other states and is why they haven't applied for a gaming license in NEV.

They better do something because the states can just run their own sites. Yahoo jumped into DFS late in the game but there is nothing stopping other companies from taking over legally.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Once states get their piece of the pie everything will be copacetic.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And that they're not making money now... having to fork over to the states is going to make a questionable business model even more questionable.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even though many that post proclaim "I'm a winner!" the official numbers...

■ A vast majority of players are net losers, losing far more money playing on the sites than they win. DraftKings data show that 89.3 percent of D.F.S. players had an overall negative return on investment across 2013 and 2014

indicate very low odds at winning over a long period of time.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Even though many that post proclaim "I'm a winner!" the official numbers...

■ A vast majority of players are net losers, losing far more money playing on the sites than they win. DraftKings data show that 89.3 percent of D.F.S. players had an overall negative return on investment across 2013 and 2014

indicate very low odds at winning over a long period of time.

I'd rather play the slots. The return on investment is just as bad but they have pretty lights and sounds. :)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
john oliver did a section on his HBO show about these two and he pretty much slammed them and proved to anyone with a brain that they are gambling and how they initially are getting away with it through a loophole meant for free fantasy sports.

Can't post the clip here as there was adult language.

EST_1986

Reaction score
john oliver did a section on his HBO show about these two and he pretty much slammed them and proved to anyone with a brain that they are gambling and how they initially are getting away with it through a loophole meant for free fantasy sports.

Can't post the clip here as there was adult language.

The skit was funny as hell

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm in my 50's and have been playing FF for right at 30 years now and know it existed before then because we didn't invent it. Since the late 90's I've been involved in at least 5 leagues a year. I'm not trying to defend FF but I fail to see how it's ruined the NFL after all those years. Or am I missing something?

Wow, I would've never guessed you were in your 50's.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Long live Draft Kings...:D

Seriously...don't care really weather it stays or goes, but I do have fun building a lineup and dropping 5 buck or so for the heck of it. I win about 40-50% time, so it's pretty much a net breakeven.
It makes games like last night slightly more entertaining. That's just me though.

Last edited: