Newest Mock

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
51. Jarron GIlbert DE SJSU (60) Talented freak athlete with starter potential from day one. Can come in and be an instant contributor. Made a living on the other side of the field his senior year with 22 TFL. Continues to wow scotts at senior bowl combine and his pro day.

69. Sherrod Martin CB Troy (71)
Actually he played FS in college. However, his coverage skills are so impressive that they want him to move him to CB at the next level. Could contribute right away....could possibly do that star position that wanted to do with Scandrick.

97. Jason Williams OLB Western Illonios (96)
Small school prosepect who got snubbed from the combine however, he impressed at his pro day showing off some speed during the 40. He has the record for most forced fumbles with 14.

113. Ramses Barden WR Cal Poly (111)
The first thing that stands out about him is his height. Stamdomg a 6'6" he is a legit target in the redzone. There may be some question about whether he can get speration or not however, can you his body well to get the ball. With a 4.51 40 at massive numbers while at cal this guy is someone to keep an eye out for.

148. Joel Bell OT Furman (147) He has the size and strength to play at the next level and he is suprisingly quick for his size (6'7" 312). Has some things to work on however, no prospect is perfect and he has some great lineman ahead of him to learn from.

158. Terrance Taylor DT Michigan (162)
Will provide good run support he's very stout against the run. Showed of his strength at the combine. Will take on two blocks and be able to spell Ratliff.

184. John Paker Wilson QB Alabama (188)
Holds almost all of Alabama passing records. Strong arm smart QB.

193. Bruce Johnson CB Miami (204)
Solid combine numbers. Solid two year starter at the U. Could also help on ST also. Oh did I mention he's from the U!!!!1

210. Phillip Hunt DE Houston (232) Put up impressive numbers while at Houston. Above average pass rusher and run stopper. This guy will produce and do anything we ask of him. Could play any of the lb'r positions and could also contibute on ST.

All ratings are from nfldraftscout. This is my newest mock any questions comments or concerns leave it....

RS12

Reaction score
Love it, except no need to draft JP Wilson. You can sign him UFA. Also lets not forget, I think Jerry might have a thing for Pat White.

reddyuta

Reaction score
do you really think we will take a DE with our 1st pick?.that would not be a productive way to start of the draft.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
RS12;2711227 said:
Love it, except no need to draft JP Wilson. You can sign him UFA. Also lets not forget, I think Jerry might have a thing for Pat White.

I don't think JPW will be a UDFA. I'm pretty sure White is going to play QB at the next level so I doubt Jerry would want him.

reddyuta;2711236 said:
do you really think we will take a DE with our 1st pick?.that would not be a productive way to start of the draft.

Why wouldn't he be a DE productive?

reddyuta

Reaction score
we have gaping holes at safety positon and we have just signed igor.our O-line is a mess-one injury away from a blown season(I am not kidding).

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
reddyuta;2711265 said:
we have gaping holes at safety positon and we have just signed igor.our O-line is a mess-one injury away from a blown season(I am not kidding).

I went safety then OT right afterwards. Can't the injury be about any position?

Bizwah

Reaction score
reddyuta;2711265 said:

I think Martin is expected to cover the safety position.

I agree about the OL. I believe you take an OL in every draft.

But a nice effort. I wouldn't cry about this.

My only other gripe is a small one. Too many small-school guys. I like Parcells' philosohpy on this...Players from major conferences have a higher success rate than those from smaller schools. That doesn't mean small-school guys should be ignored.....We should just avoid trying to be too cute.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Bizwah;2711303 said:
I think Martin is expected to cover the safety position.

I agree about the OL. I believe you take an OL in every draft.

But a nice effort. I wouldn't cry about this.

My only other gripe is a small one. Too many small-school guys. I like Parcells' philosohpy on this...Players from major conferences have a higher success rate than those from smaller schools. That doesn't mean small-school guys should be ignored.....We should just avoid trying to be too cute.

I know that they are from small schools however these are some of my favorite players. Also I couldn't really give 2 ****s was parcells philosophy is. no offense to you.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Drafting a DE at that spot is an extremely dumb move..We already have our starting D-line in tact with Hatcher and Bowen still needing to get playing time..Drafting Gilbert would be blocking those guys..LET EM GET A CHANCE! 3-4 DE's can be had later in the draft..

SAY NO TO THIS DRAFT.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2711332 said:
Drafting a DE at that spot is an extremely dumb move..We already have our starting D-line in tact with Hatcher and Bowen still needing to get playing time..Drafting Gilbert would be blocking those guys..LET EM GET A CHANCE! 3-4 DE's can be had later in the draft..

SAY NO TO THIS DRAFT.

Your logic is flawed and idiotic if they can't crack the starter line up you get rid of them and draft their replacement not keep them on the roster and see maybe the can produce. They obv didn't thing to highly of them by bringing in Igor. Hatcher/Bowen/Spears could all get the axe TBH.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2711343 said:
Your logic is flawed and idiotic if they can't crack the starter line up you get rid of them and draft their replacement not keep them on the roster and see maybe the can produce. They obv didn't thing to highly of them by bringing in Igor. Hatcher/Bowen/Spears could all get the axe TBH.

It's a dumb move and the Cowboys arn't doing it so get over it. I've seen your mock drafts before and they are all terrible with a DE going in the 2nd..I guarentee you there will be a better player and need before we ever pick Gilbert.

Why spend a high pick on a guy that has a sole responsibilty of taking on blocks and doing the dirty work? I hated the Spears pick and I hate the Gilbert pick for that very reason. Spears was the same if not better than Gilbert coming out of college and he's just a solid pro. Not much of a game changer. Dime a dozen...Canty was picked in the 4th and that's where you get those guys.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2711332 said:

SAY NO TO THIS DRAFT.

Not really. Whats dumb is not following your board or grossly reaching for need. If Gilbert was there at 51 (and I dont think he would be) and he's the highest rated guy on their board, then they should take him. He'd definitely have a role and is eons more gifted physically than the jag Bowen, and he's more explosive than Hatcher, who's been a disappointment the past two seasons after a somewhat promising rookie yr. Spears is in the last yr of his deal too.

The only positions I'd rule out with first day picks are QB, RB and TE. Everything else is fair game IMO.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2711369 said:
It's a dumb move and the Cowboys arn't doing it so get over it. I've seen your mock drafts before and they are all terrible with a DE going in the 2nd..I guarentee you there will be a better player and need before we ever pick Gilbert.

Why spend a high pick on a guy that has a sole responsibilty of taking on blocks and doing the dirty work? I hated the Spears pick and I hate the Gilbert pick for that very reason. Canty was picked in the 4th and that's where you get those guys.

Canty was only available in the 4th due to injury.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2711369 said:

Why spend a high pick on a guy that has a sole responsibilty of taking on blocks and doing the dirty work? I hated the Spears pick and I hate the Gilbert pick for that very reason. Spears was the same if not better than Gilbert coming out of college and he's just a solid pro. Not much of a game changer. Dime a dozen...Canty was picked in the 4th and that's where you get those guys.

Do you know anything about football?

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2711370 said:
Not really. Whats dumb is not following your board or grossly reaching for need. If Gilbert was there at 51 (and I dont think he would be) and he's the highest rated guy on their board, then they should take him. He'd definitely have a role and is eons more gifted physically than the jag Bowen, and he's more explosive than Hatcher, who's been a disappointment the past two seasons after a somewhat promising rookie yr. Spears is in the last yr of his deal too.

The only positions I'd rule out with first day picks are QB, RB and TE. Everything else is fair game IMO.

Pretty sure S,ILB,corner and O-line are more of a priority than D-line..so unless EVERYONE is gone by 51 then ya I guess GIlbert is fine..but Jerry isn't sitting still at 51..he's probably moving up and it's not for a DE, I can promise you that.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2711379 said:
Pretty sure S,ILB,corner and O-line are more of a priority than D-line..so unless EVERYONE is gone by 51 then ya I guess GIlbert is fine..but Jerry isn't sitting still at 51..he's probably moving up and it's not for a DE, I can promise you that.

What makes you think those positions are more of a priority than DE?

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2711375 said:
Do you know anything about football?

Out of EVERYONE in the entire draft..you pick a backup DE??...LOL if anybody is questionable in their football knowledge it's you.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2711382 said:
What makes you think those positions are more of a priority than DE?

Have you seen the depth chart behind those positions???

D-line,RB and TE are our deepest positions..

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2711385 said:
Out of EVERYONE in the entire draft..you pick a backup DE??...LOL if anybody is questionable in their football knowledge it's you.

SLATEmosphere;2711390 said:
Have you seen the depth chart behind those positions???

D-line,RB and TE are our deepest positions..

I disagree about Dline. Even with the addition of Igor Gilbert would be an upgrade to say the list to Hatcher/Bowen. Could possibly beat out Spears or push him.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2711407 said:
I disagree about Dline. Even with the addition of Igor Gilbert would be an upgrade to say the list to Hatcher/Bowen. Could possibly beat out Spears or push him.

Maybe, but it depends how the draft shakes up and if Jerry wants to sit tight..if he's high on their board then I'll trust them..which goes along with that Dblair was stating.