Newman best years are behind him

superpunk

Reaction score
This is why we can't have nice things.

Watch a young star come up and prov himself, give the star a new contract, watch the star not be as he was before the contract, and then watch the morons jump ship.

Ren

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2306387 said:
This year he has played no better than Jacques Reeves played last year. Excpet that Reeves had an interception by now.

Newman needs to step it up. Just because they are playing zone, doesn't mean he can't make a play on the ball. Newman never plays the ball, he is happy making the tackle after the receiver has made the catch........very much like Jacque Reeves.

he's played like 1 game :bang2:

heir

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2306387 said:
This year he has played no better than Jacques Reeves played last year. Excpet that Reeves had an interception by now.

Newman needs to step it up. Just because they are playing zone, doesn't mean he can't make a play on the ball. Newman never plays the ball, he is happy making the tackle after the receiver has made the catch........very much like Jacque Reeves.

you can't be serious......really you can't be serious

burmafrd

Reaction score
Well look at who posted and who agreed with that particular STUPIDITY. No one who has any respect here.

Boysboy

Reaction score
I can't believe how many homers posted BS on this thread...AMAZING.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
jr40usa;2306370 said:
How ever you may fill about Newman his best years are behind him. He will never be looked at as one of the Cowboys top corners. The shut down corner that we drafted never really materialized. You can blame injuries or whatever. Jerry payed him superstar money, but so far hasn't gotten that over his career.
:lmao: This is why i dont put people on ignore because i love reading funny crap! Newman might be struggling right now because of injury n rust but to suggest he is done is hilarious! i cant believe that people get mad at these type of posts and take them seriously! :lmao2:

heir

Reaction score
ninja;2306765 said:
Newmqn has not played well for a while. He is living off of reputation right now. He is high maintenance, injured fairly often and may not play this week vs. Cinci. He just came off of the worst game he has ever played vs Wash and now gets injured in practice. He got his $50 mil just in time. After this year, people are going to understand he just ain't that good.

High maintenance and low production. Not a good combo.

I wish it weren't true, but it is looking like Newman is avg at best.

Good thing Pac, Jenkins, and Scandrick are available.

Wow these posts just keep getting more and more ridiculous

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
jr40usa;2306370 said:
How ever you may fill about Newman his best years are behind him. He will never be looked at as one of the Cowboys top corners. The shut down corner that we drafted never really materialized. You can blame injuries or whatever. Jerry payed him superstar money, but so far hasn't gotten that over his career.

I'm so over fans like you.

heir

Reaction score
All this cause he gave up a big play last week? Really? He had a bad game? Other than last week when has he ever had a game like this? Unlike most people who are ready to crucify him, I listened to what he said after the game. He looked up and saw that a defender was at Jason Campbell's feet and he thought that he had him. Knowing Campbell was under pressure he felt he had to throw the out and he tried to jump it. Campbell got out of the defender's grasp and lobbed a pass downfield. Newman made the mistake. He knows it. He admitted it now let's move on.

Newman is a leader on this team and if there is anyone I am not worried about it is him. This won't happened to him again and he will be prepared for any and everything. What really kills me is that people want him to get more picks and to stop playing safe. How do you get more picks? You take chances. He did and got burnt. Those are the consequences. People just need to figure out what they want, more picks with the occasional big play or no picks and no big plays. Can't have it both ways folks

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
jr40usa;2306370 said:

:signmast:​

Yet another example as to why marijuana should not be legalized.

Thanks alot.:banghead:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Powerdad23;2306750 said:
Newman was an exceptioal Def Back at KSU..but he payed zone defense 90% of the time.
Um, that's very incorrect. It was just the opposite -- Snyder played man coverage the vast majority of the time.

Reaction score
I was not going to make a comment on such an ignorant statement, but I will make two points.

1. TNew has been hurt the past couple of seasons. Sorry, has been INJURED the past couple of seasons, off & on. He has done his best to fight through them, but when you have high ankle sprains, etc., that effect the ability to stop & start quickly, run with full speed, etc., it is almost impossible to be competitive on the field. When he is health, though, Newman is a quality CB who would go to his second Pro-Bowl if he can somehow stay healthy. This post is totally bogus.
  2. What or where in the world was the trainer/equipment men when it came to TNew's shoes?? Are you kidding me? Dude was slipping and sliding all over Texas Stadium because the support staff didn't adjust to the horrible conditions to that slick, crappy field!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
really ridiculous thread

Newman's playing hurt..once he's healthy, he'll be the same CB he has been for several seasons

groin injuries are not hangnails...they take time to heal completely and if you rely on speed and quickness it can be a major issue. Obviously he was injured much worse than they wanted to admit, but the fact he has played at all should be commended, not bashed

had he not played, there'd be post after post of how he wont play hurt and has no toughness...the guy just cant win with you people

Boysboy

Reaction score
dbair1967;2307030 said:
really ridiculous thread

Newman's playing hurt..once he's healthy, he'll be the same CB he has been for several seasons

groin injuries are not hangnails...they take time to heal completely and if you rely on speed and quickness it can be a major issue. Obviously he was injured much worse than they wanted to admit, but the fact he has played at all should be commended, not bashed

had he not played, there'd be post after post of how he wont play hurt and has no toughness...the guy just cant win with you people

The fact is we LOST. Pt being that it's tough when you lose, PERIOD.

It's not only Newman, but we've pretty much played musical chairs throwing everyone in our 53 man roster AND our entire coaching staff under the bus with 100 threads on each all week.

Tomorrow can't get here sooner-we win, everything that happened this week will be nothing but a wet dream.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2307097 said:
The fact is we LOST. Pt being that it's tough when you lose, PERIOD.

It's not only Newman, but we've pretty much played musical chairs throwing everyone in our 53 man roster AND our entire coaching staff under the bus with 100 threads on each all week.

Tomorrow can't get here sooner-we win, everything that happened this week will be nothing but a wet dream.

Nope, there will be just as many threads about a single play that dictates to some that the team is a joke and that it begins with one specific coach or one specific player.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
heir;2306905 said:
All this cause he gave up a big play last week? Really? He had a bad game? Other than last week when has he ever had a game like this?

Several times in 2004.

The fact is just simple. He is injured and should not be playing.

Whether or not his best years are behind him are debateable, but he is not a young player and this is the second consecutive season that he will have been injured.