Newman kind of giving it to Zimmer on LBOH Show

JBS

Reaction score
Pretty much just busted on the Cowboys defensive scheme and said guys were out of position a lot of times and were just beat basically on playcalling.

He didnt come right out and just blast the guy but you kinda got the point.

Zimmer is gonna be gone guys.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
glorydaysrback;1300669 said:
Pretty much just busted on the Cowboys defensive scheme and said guys were out of position a lot of times and were just beat basically on playcalling.

I'm not holding my breath.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Rack;1300673 said:
I'm not holding my breath.

good, cuz i would start poking you in the guy tell you either a)laugh and took a breath or b) you punched me

superpunk

Reaction score
This is why I wish I could actually stomach that trash radio station, so I could hear the player interviews firsthand. No offense to the thread originator, but I hope trick was listening for a more thorough recap. It should be interesting to see what Newman said.

I'm sure the little ball of lameness will write about it tomorrow....but again....

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

:pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2:

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
I just heard that Jerry and Zimmer are working out the final details of a long term contract, with the promise that he will be head coach when Parcells leaves.

Of course I am lying, but hey what the heck.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

well wouldnt u think he was blaming players? for being out of posistion?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
panchucko;1300683 said:
I just heard that Jerry and Zimmer are working out the final details of a long term contract, with the promise that he will be head coach when Parcells leaves.

:shoot3: :shoot3: :shoot3: :shoot3: :shoot3: :shoot3: :shoot3: :shoot3: :shoot3:

starfrombirth

Reaction score
panchucko;1300683 said:

I was fixing to hunt you down and beat you soundly about the head and shoulders just for being the bearer of bad news.:D

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Dangit do I need to change the comments in me sig again??:mad:

EndGame

Reaction score
panchucko;1300683 said:

Do you work for PFT?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
superpunk;1300677 said:
This is why I wish I could actually stomach that trash radio station, so I could hear the player interviews firsthand. No offense to the thread originator, but I hope trick was listening for a more thorough recap. It should be interesting to see what Newman said.

I'm sure the little ball of lameness will write about it tomorrow....but again....

I heard it this morning. JFE asked him why he thought the D had declined so badly, and he said he wasn't sure, but when we shut down an offense, it's usually because we have studied their film enough to pretty much know what plays they like to run in what situations. He said maybe our D was like that -- once they got tape of us, they knew everything we liked to do. Specifically mentioned that it might be easy to double Ware, and once they did it limited our rush.

Basically, sounded like we are too predictable. Like many of us have said.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score

I am all for this...I just hope whoever is running the defense gets to put in some aggressive pass rush and cover schemes...no more of this vanilla, cream puff read and react for 2 minutes before doing something plan that we have now

these guys have been handcuffed for years...take the iron chains off and let these guys run and make plays...we have alot of athletic ability and talent...let them do something with it

David

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Someone has to get the shaft and I hope it's Zimmer. If no then go back to the 4-3 or something:banghead:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
dbair1967;1300823 said:
I am all for this...I just hope whoever is running the defense gets to put in some aggressive pass rush and cover schemes...no more of this vanilla, cream puff read and react for 2 minutes before doing something plan that we have now

these guys have been handcuffed for years...take the iron chains off and let these guys run and make plays...we have alot of athletic ability and talent...let them do something with it

David

Nooooo Whoulda thunk it?:laugh2:

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Jen asked TNew if Parcells was coming back and he said something like "I don't know, but I hope and pray he does". Then she asked about Zimmer and he said "I don't know, that's not up to me". Then she asked what happened to the defense, and as C-Lab said, TNew said maybe it was a combination of scheme and guys not being prepared or in the right positions. Kinda started to sound like he was throwing Zimmer under the bus although TNew is very careful not to say anything obvious. Very careful.

CalCBFan

Reaction score
Zimmer aside, does it make anyone wonder that we have exactly 1 pass rusher on this entire team? We need to think how does Belichek do it? He can lose several key players and still be competitive. Even before Ellis was hurt, there were games in which our D played poorly. This is the problem we have to solve. Even if we get another pass rusher in this year's draft, will be in the same boat if Ware breaks a leg in '07? The Lions had 16 players on IR and they BEAT us. This is the game that Jerry needs to figure out "why?" and go from there...