Newman kind of giving it to Zimmer on LBOH Show

AbeBeta

Reaction score
baj1dallas;1300849 said:
Jen asked TNew if Parcells was coming back and he said something like "I don't know, but I hope and pray he does"..... Kinda started to sound like he was throwing Zimmer under the bus although TNew is very careful not to say anything obvious. Very careful.

Of course he's careful. Buring bridges doesn't get you anywhere. Jerry and Bill know what the issues are -- coming out publicly would be classless.

The comment about Bill coming back tells us a ton about how the players feel. I've always believed that Bill is very much that guy that many players absolutely love, despite how hard he is on them.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
starfrombirth;1300696 said:
I was fixing to hunt you down and beat you soundly about the head and shoulders just for being the bearer of bad news.:D

YIKES!:lmao2:

burmafrd

Reaction score
All this love for BB; in the past two years since he lost Crennel and Weis he has not exactly shined. The pats were at best indifferent last year; this year they are somewhat better but I notice that they got owned at least twice this year. Anymore in the NFL it all comes down to the staff and like with BB now BP has not been able to put together a great staff and it shows.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
burmafrd;1301017 said:
All this love for BB; in the past two years since he lost Crennel and Weis he has not exactly shined. The pats were at best indifferent last year; this year they are somewhat better but I notice that they got owned at least twice this year. Anymore in the NFL it all comes down to the staff and like with BB now BP has not been able to put together a great staff and it shows.

they set a franchise record for fewest points allowed this yr

thats a pretty good thing

David

burmafrd

Reaction score
Sadly a Patriot franchise record is not exactly that big of a deal.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I keep telling you guys that Zimmer is gone. The whole defensive staff is going to get an overhaul.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Hostile;1301118 said:
I keep telling you guys that Zimmer is gone. The whole defensive staff is going to get an overhaul.

I want to know more. Quit teasing us.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
abersonc;1301124 said:
I want to know more. Quit teasing us.
I posted some time back that a source close to the team assured me Zimmer is gone. Since that time a second source even better says his contract will not be renewed. It is up this year. There's nothing else to really say. He won't be back.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Hostile;1301134 said:
I posted some time back that a source close to the team assured me Zimmer is gone. Since that time a second source even better says his contract will not be renewed. It is up this year. There's nothing else to really say. He won't be back.

Thanks.

By overhaul do you mean Todd Bowles or Paul Pasq. is our new DC or overhaul as in we get a legit 3-4 DC

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Hos - do you have any news on the offensive staff?

I know I am the only person on this board who thinks we need to upgrade our offensive coaching, but hopefully someone in the organization agrees.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
glorydaysrback;1300669 said:
Pretty much just busted on the Cowboys defensive scheme and said guys were out of position a lot of times and were just beat basically on playcalling.

He didnt come right out and just blast the guy but you kinda got the point.

Zimmer is gonna be gone guys.

This is no surprise... Zimmer admitted never having coached the 3-4 ever. The fact that he was held over to try and fit a square peg into a round hole is beyond me...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hostile;1301118 said:

I don't think we need an overhaul. I like Bowles. Don't think Pasq is horrible. I'd like Zimmer and the DL coach gone though.

It would be hard to bring in a new DCoord and not give one of the current assistants the job w/o causing some waves. Not that I care.

If we have to bring in a whole new Defensive staff to GROZ, then I'm all for it, but I really would like to keep a couple of the assistants.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Hostile;1301118 said:

is this a hunch or from a source?

hopefully either way they're gone.

nevermind i see your later post.... chill the champagne :)

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Hostile;1301134 said:
ignore my above post :)

MRTRIPOD

Reaction score
Crown Royal;1301158 said:
Hos - do you have any news on the offensive staff?

I know I am the only person on this board who thinks we need to upgrade our offensive coaching, but hopefully someone in the organization agrees.

the offensive staff MUST be upgraded.

The seahawks were without there top 3 cornerback and we did not throw ONE deep ball.

NOT ONE!

how CRAZY IS THAT!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!!:banghead: :bang2: :banghead: