Newman Vs Moss??

Hoffa

Benched
Reaction score
Newman on Moss man to man is a disaster. Nobody in the league can do that, surely not Newman.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoffa said:
Newman on Moss man to man is a disaster. Nobody in the league can do that, surely not Newman.

I don't know. I think we will play Newman on Moss quite often one on one. But I like the Newman/Porter matchup. I think we come out fairly well on that one.

Henry can do a competent job against Moss IF he has safety help over the top, which expecting our safeties to do that might be a bit much. :D

Tobal

Reaction score
This yr I fear we will play to aggressive. Moss is a guy you can play off of because he has no interest in the short passing game. That's why Owens is better. Owens will batter a team short so you have to play him agressive. Moss we need to just play off, Moss in jump ball situations or in scrambles scares me. I think we'll do ok against him. Gut feeling.

RedskinsFanInTX

Reaction score
Hoffa said:
You gatta double Moss unless you want to give up some easy plays.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Yep. Moss was quiet for a quick minute, but he and Newman got into a shoving match and the Beast that is Moss was awoken.

- Mike G.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At some point in his career Newman needs a watershed game to get to the next level... maybe he has two in a row. ;)

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Newman should cover moss most of the time, and Henry should cover moss in the redzone. Enough said

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Muhast said:
Newman should cover moss most of the time, and Henry should cover moss in the redzone. Enough said

That's probably not a bad strategy.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
ITS THIS SIMPLE!

If our front 7 attacks we have a shot to slow Raiders down. We sit back in nickle land with safeties 20 yards deep its all over.

Bledsoe may damn well need to put a 35 spot up to win if that happens....

38-20 my call - still, evenin Miki - gotta be ugly on the Bill fan front - my condolences but I told you so....

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
The Raiders are stacked on offense. They are actually a lot like us. I think it's pick your poison. Take away Moss they have Porter, take away the pass game they have a pretty good back in Jordan. This game will be a shootout, imo. For you gamblers out there, I'm not sure what the Over/Under is, but take the Over.

I'm thinking atleast 60 total points in this game.......I just hope Dallas has more at the end.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Muhast said:

Valid point.

If there is a long field, Moss will wipe the floor with Henry if Henry ever misses a a jam. At least Newman has closing speed to make up for a miscue.

In the red zone and in close quarters, I think Henry has better ability and is a superior matchup.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander said:
Valid point.

If there is a long field, Moss will wipe the floor with Henry if Henry ever misses a a jam. At least Newman has closing speed to make up for a miscue.

In the red zone and in close quarters, I think Henry has better ability and is a superior matchup.

I'm hoping our defense has the ability to "play up" to the level of the competition rather than the other way around.