**NEWSFLASH**: Cannonball44 Drops the Gauntlet on the ZONE!

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
ctalker said:
This is the best post I have read all year. Nice to see some deeper thinking on occassion than the constant Parcells can do no wrong threads.
Speaking strictly as a converted Jets fan, Parcells gets hammered aplenty on this board, as he has been everywhere he goes.

Some of the criticism is of the "I just can't stand the awesome person and never have been able to" variety, and that has been said many times here. Some of it has emanated from the "Tom Landry would have done this" or "Jimmy Johnson was better", or :"I wanred Stoops" sentiments.

But most of it has been honest debate on individual situations, be it his not giving Hutch a "fair shot", his handling of AB or LA, his over-rating of the Brookes and Powells and Stewarts, his bringing in of 'his guys', his muzzling of his asst coaches, his drafting (be it bypassing of Leftwich, Suggs, or his choce of Rogers), his support for Zim, his playcalling, his inactivity in free agency last offseason, his refusal to play Henson, his over-blonded hair in 2003, or his too young gf. :)

Everything the man does gets raked over the coals and that's how it should be. This is a very critical fanbase, imo, but reasonably so. No koolaid flows congenitally thru the veins...that's for Skins fans.

What often passes as 'blind support' of Tuna is a deeper belief that the head coach should be exactly that, a HEAD coach and team leader, and the indians by definition should march to the chief's drum. What looks like uncritical support on this board is usually just not so - but an understanding that while an individual HC will make his share of mistakes, his role, status, position or whatever you call it should never be usurped by a player, or even owner, and shouldn't even be challenged without the price being paid.

ctalker

Reaction score
Tuna - Didn't mean to sound so negative about this board as came out in my reply, as it is a great board with good people...I read it everyday. :)

I do think there is a little blind belief in Parcells at times that sometimes over shadows threads with keenjerk reactions and little thought. Just my opinion.

mperfection

Reaction score
Nors said:
Ellis doesn't want to play in Dallas 3-4 that Parcells is installing. I wish he'd want to be part of our team. Apparantly he is making his "What is MY role" displeasure public. A shouting match with Parcells? He's looking to get out of Dodge with that attitude. Give me 53 players united and on the same page.

Major Kudo's to Glover who has said he can play in both 4-3 and 3-4 and he'll do whatever he's asked. A lesson Ellis should have learned. There is no I in team. If we can't trade him oh well, Ellis step up and be a MAN and see if you are better than Spears and Canty! Because Dallas owns your *** contractually!
Although you may be maligned by many, I still think you have some pretty good posts. This one, however, wasn't one.

Greg Ellis took a pay cut to remain in Dallas, because if he had tested the FA market in 2004, he would have been paid much more than he was in Dallas. Heck, if Grant Wistrom can get a $14 million SB in Seattle, are you telling me that he is much better than Greg Ellis? And what, exactly, did Mr. Wistrom do last year to earn that SB and salary? Squat. Nada. Zilch! And he will only give Seattle more this year of what he gave them last year.

And now you (and others) want to imply that Ellis is "selfish" when all he did was inquire about his role and voice his displeasure. IF Ellis hasn't proven thus far to the fans that he is anything but selfish, then I would question how many of us are truly Cowboys fans.

Get real! :rolleyes:

This, along with a myriad of others on this topic, is a ridiculous post.

mperfection

Reaction score
ctalker said:
Tuna - Didn't mean to sound so negative about this board as came out in my reply, as it is a great board with good people...I read it everyday. :)

I do think there is a little blind belief in Parcells at times that sometimes over shadows threads with keenjerk reactions and little thought. Just my opinion.
Agreed...wholeheartedly!

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
ctalker said:

You didn't sound negative at all, ctalker..

I don't see the blind belief is, all.

I think Bill usually doesn't get the benefit of the doubt, either on specifics or in general.

For example, coming off the 03 season, fans were livid that not enough was being done in offseason. Turned out they were RIGHT, but elsewhere you'd prolly have seen a lot more praising of a coach who got a 10-6 season out of that roster.

I really think the defenses of Parcells are usually more defenses of his POSITION than of him as a coach or person.

BigDDynasty

Reaction score
I cannot believe the despair these so-called "fans of the Dallas Cowboys" are displaying. We haven't even played ONE game yet and these "fans" are claiming the sky is falling. Let Parcells and his staff handle it. When the season starts and we suck *** then I will take all of your *****ing adequately. But to write us off when there is so much to look forward to, Shut up already!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think we should wait until we are into the season and see what we do and do not have before we start throwing bombs.

Parcells will take what he actually has and try and do what he thinks is the best he can do.

We don't even know what defense we will run the most of despite those who just know we are a 3-4 team. So until Ellis and Glover and Ware and Spears and Canty and Burnett and Henry and Bledsoe yada all start stinking it up will you be able to call Parcells out.

If we lose then he'll be a villian for as many reasons as you can think. If we are winners some will still complain and the rest will say what a genius of a coach we have.

And the real deal is Parcells is just a very good coach doing the best he can under the rules everyone plays under and is still trying to dig us out of the hole dug by the previous regimes.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I'm in total agreement with the original post. No way we get rid of Ellis (or Glover, for that matter) unless someone comes calling with an offer we can't refuse ( example: Miami giving Philly a 2nd round pick for AJ Feeley!?!).

Also, its amazing how many people seem to think we will stay in a 3-4 base defense all game every game. Maybe some should actually watch the game instead of checking the score every once in a while.