Newsflash... Shaq may join the heat.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
Apparently Kobe's comments after the finals didn't sit to well with diesel. He's working behind the scenes to get this whole thing done in Miami and will join the heat. This is unreal.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
miamicowboy21;3453815 said:
Apparently Kobe's comments after the finals didn't sit to well with diesel. He's working behind the scenes to get this whole thing done in Miami and will join the heat. This is unreal.

What did Kobe say? Was it now that Kobe has more rings than Shaq after Shaq said Kobe needed him to win?

Kobe said:
Shaq, tell me how my *** taste!

:lmao2: :lmao:

Shaq is old and broken down. He is still playing for two reasons. More money and try to match or beat Kobe's ring count so he doesn't have to live the rest of his days knowing he was only second best on the Lakers.

Sit down Shaq, your time is up.

/shaq

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
nyc;3453825 said:
Shaq is old and broken down. He is still playing for two reasons. More money and try to match or beat Kobe's ring count so he doesn't have to live the rest of his days knowing he was only second best on the Lakers.

Sit down Shaq, your time is up.

/shaq

When Kobe and Shaq played together, it was Shaqs team.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
HoleInTheRoof;3453827 said:
When Kobe and Shaq played together, it was Shaqs team.

Kobe IS and always was the better (more skilled) player. Shaq couldn't even learn to shoot free throws. (shot put anyone) No one couldn't get close to him without getting called for fouls because Shaq was the NBA's darling.

Shaq never won a championship without a top five player at his side. Kobe won two without a top five player.

Don't get me wrong. He was a great (top five) player, but he never was as talented as Kobe.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I would love him on the Spurs ..... he is a great passer and would be a big body beside Duncan that he has not had since David retired.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
He can still get 10 points and 5 rebounds per game playing about 20 minutes. Those numbers aren't bad since he plays for the veteran minimum.

dropshot001

Reaction score
at a low salary he still is a big guy who can take up space in the middle and redirect people driving at him.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
dropshot001;3453904 said:
at a low salary he still is a big guy who can take up space in the middle and redirect people driving at him.

Yep, he's not what he once was, but he still can clog up the paint, lean on a big body like Dwight Howard and be an efficient (but not prolific) half court offensive presence in the post .... he's merely a role player at this point in his career, but it's a role that's not easy to find.

JPM

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;3453973 said:
Yep, he's not what he once was, but he still can clog up the paint, lean on a big body like Dwight Howard and be an efficient (but not prolific) half court offensive presence in the post .... he's merely a role player at this point in his career, but it's a role that's not easy to find.
+ his hatred of all things Kobe will let his ego play with the Heat.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
nyc;3453843 said:
Kobe IS and always was the better (more skilled) player. Shaq couldn't even learn to shoot free throws. (shot put anyone) No one couldn't get close to him without getting called for fouls because Shaq was the NBA's darling.

Shaq never won a championship without a top five player at his side. Kobe won two without a top five player.

Don't get me wrong. He was a great (top five) player, but he never was as talented as Kobe.

Thank you.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Uh, Wilt couldn't shoot free throws, either. So what?

Apparently, about 70% of the league is and was "more skilled" than Shaq was. But they weren't better players, because "more skilled" does not equal "better" in basketball when you're 7-3 and 290+ and can play like Shaq did.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
If LeFraud says he signs with Heat tonight, I will officially root for them to lose as much as possible.

Alumni2k11

Old Dominion University (Class of 2011)
Reaction score
Joe Realist;3454104 said:
If LeFraud says he signs with Heat tonight, I will officially root for them to lose as much as possible.

Ditto.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The center position is so bad in this league that a guy lik Shaq is STILL a viable commodity.