Next 3 HOF classes?

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06;2177357 said:
Is Jerome Bettis really a hall-of-famer?? It just seems like there are so many glaring omissions from the Hall of Fame that someone who IMO was painfully average should have to wait a while.

I mean he averaged about 8 TDs per season, and he was strictly a goalline back later in his career.

I have never thought of Bettis as being a great back. He never stood out as one of the best in his best years. It was always Terrell Davis, Priest Holmes, Marshall Faulk, Edgerrin James, Larry Johnson, LDT, Curtis Martin that stood out ahead of him at the various points in his career. He later became a part time player. He is not a HOFer to me but he will probably get in.

MCowboys

Reaction score
bootsy;2177434 said:
I have never thought of Bettis as being a great back. He never stood out as one of the best in his best years. It was always Terrell Davis, Priest Holmes, Marshall Faulk, Edgerrin James, Larry Johnson, LDT, Curtis Martin that stood out ahead of him at the various points in his career. He later became a part time player. He is not a HOFer to me but he will probably get in.

I agree, if you put him in you better put in Edgerrin James, Ricky Watters, Fred Taylor, and Jamal Lewis (assuming he keeps it together a couple more seasons). I also wouldn't mind putting in Terrell Davis or Shaun Alexander in ahead of Bettis just because of how much more dominant they were than him