Twitter: Next gen stats - Zeke was slower in 2017

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It really baffles me the refusal to just admit Zeke had an off year. Here are our RB averages since 2010 with a minimum of 100 attempts. There are only 2 RB's that averaged fewer yards per attempt in that time frame and our offensive line wasn't really classified as good until 2014 when we added Martin. The good thing for us in 2017 is that Zeke was still great in the red zone when given the opportunity to run the ball.

Felix Jones - 185 attempts 4.3 ypc 800 yards
Marion Barber - 113 attempts 3.3 ypc 374 yards

Demarco Murray - 164 attempts 5.5 ypc 897 yards
Felix Jones - 185 attempts 4.5 ypc 575 yards

Demarco Murray - 161 attempts 4.1 ypc 663 yards
Felix Jones - 111 attempts 3.6 ypc 402 yards

Demarco Murray - 217 attempts 5.2 ypc 1121 yards

Demarco Murray - 392 attempts 4.7 ypc 1845 yards

Darren McFadden - 239 attempts 4.6 ypc 1089 yards

Ezekiel Elliott - 322 attempts 5.1 ypc 1631 yards

Ezekiel Elliott - 242 attempts 4.1 ypc 983 yards
Alfred Morris - 115 attempts 4.8 ypc 547 yards

What your simpleton brain fails to realize, probably because you're 12, is it is much, much harder to maintain a gaudy per carry average the more you touch the ball. Much harder. Like, this should go without saying if I'm talking to even a casual football fan harder.

So tell me again how Alfred Morris out ran Zeke last year.

I know you think you have a point. You don't.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So some of our genius fans (Jerry!....Jerry!....Jerry!) are spending the offseason worrying about Zeke Elliott. The best player on the entire team. A would be two time rushing champ two years in the league.

On a team with no QB, WRs, TEs and a very suspect defense. Boy, the real key here is Zeke. Be special. For once.

There should be an age restriction on this board.

aria

Reaction score
What your simpleton brain fails to realize, probably because you're 12, is it is much, much harder to maintain a gaudy per carry average the more you touch the ball. Much harder. Like, this should go without saying if I'm talking to even a casual football fan harder.

It’s also easier to have more total yards the more you touch the ball, especially behind one of the top O lines in football yet you keep bringing it up.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

LOL. A person acting like they're 12 accusing others of acting like they're 12. Classic.

Why don't you tell me how Morris was able to get more ypc than Zeke while playing with Dak and not having Tyron for 3 games and while facing more 8 man fronts? I'm willing to listen. You claim you understand football so explain away. I won't even try to insult you because I don't care that you have a different opinion. Let me know the reason and I'll go see if I can research if your anecdotal reason is accurate, If I can.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s also easier to have more total yards the more you touch the ball, especially behind one of the top O lines in football yet you keep bringing it up.

It's also easier to run the ball when you're a part time back and the defense pays much less attention to you. It's also easier to run the ball when the QB can actually throw down the field. It's also easier to run the ball when the OL doesn't regress to something less than one of the top o-lines in football. It's also easier to run the ball when you're playing with a lead. Where do you want me to stop?

aria

Reaction score
So some of our genius fans (Jerry!....Jerry!....Jerry!) are spending the offseason worrying about Zeke Elliott. The best player on the entire team. A would be two time rushing champ two years in the league.

On a team with no QB, WRs, TEs and a very suspect defense. Boy, the real key here is Zeke. Be special. For once.

There should be an age restriction on this board.
Hilarious coming from someone who immediately makes personal attacks on anyone who diagrees with him instead of having a logical debate or just accepting a difference of opinion. That’s about as childish as it gets. What’s next, “mom” jokes?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL. A person acting like they're 12 accusing others of acting like they're 12. Classic.

Why don't you tell me how Morris was able to get more ypc than Zeke while playing with Dak and not having Tyron for 3 games and while facing more 8 man fronts? I'm willing to listen. You claim you understand football so explain away. I won't even try to insult you because I don't care that you have a different opinion. Let me know the reason and I'll go see if I can research if your anecdotal reason is accurate, If I can.

This just in. We should start Alfred Morris over Zeke Elliott.

This is why fans are laughed at.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hilarious coming from someone who immediately makes personal attacks on anyone who diagrees with him instead of having a logical debate or just accepting a difference of opinion. That’s about as childish as it gets. What’s next, “mom” jokes?

When someone has an intelligent counterpoint I say it. Yours isn't. If I told you what I really think of you based off the point you think you're making I'd be immediately banned.

So let me just say I'm betting you're not the reader of the family.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
When someone has an intelligent counterpoint I say it. Yours isn't. If I told you what I really think of you based off the point you think you're making I'd be immediately banned.

LOL. And I'm asking you for why you think there is a difference but you have nothing.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just realized one of these guys is a refugee. Ignored. Waste of time.

aria

Reaction score
It's also easier to run the ball when you're a part time back and the defense pays much less attention to you. It's also easier to run the ball when the QB can actually throw down the field. It's also easier to run the ball when the OL doesn't regress to something less than one of the top o-lines in football. It's also easier to run the ball when you're playing with a lead. Where do you want me to stop?
I would have liked you to never have started in the first place. So according to you, Dak sucks, he regressed, defenses stopped paying attention to him and started loading the box. In 2016, we played with a lead most games and the O line was in top form. So to sum it up, you just explained why Zeke had such a great season that year. Thanks for helping us out.

Another classic response. Feel free to pm me with your personal thoughts. Ironic how you don’t agree with 90% of the people who post on this site. You must have it all figured out.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And the answer is already stated. Find it and report back to me.

Yes, I've read your reasons. The same reasons apply to Morris and Morris improved his performance from 2016.

The only one of your reasons was his off the field issue which didn't apply to Morris...which would suggest that effected Zeke's play. So, if that is part of the reason why Zeke's performance declined in 2017, don't you want that to improve for 2018?