Next "Genius," has been found

Pape

Reaction score
You can argue however you want. What Kind of shape were the Browns in when Hue Arrived? What kind of shape were they in when he left? Im not defending him... im just staying VERY CONSISTENT as I always have in regards to coaches. I think they are all pretty damn good..... some just luck out with the right qb and they ride the wave. Hitting lightning in a bottle and winning one SB does not impress me. I must admit, winning 2 SB with a HOF qb doesnt overly impress me. Now, win SB with multiple QBs, or win multiple SB with non HOF QBs, and I will be very impressed. I think Reid is a good coach. I give him credit for getting Mahomes, trading the Vet QB, and going with a young qb. But make no mistake, Reid has been coaching for 20 years now and has zero sb titles. He very well could win 2 or 3 in the next decade if he stays that long. But make no mistake, it will be vecause he hit the jackpot, not because of his great schemes. Reid has been BLASTED for his HORRIBLE in game decisions especially clock management at the end of games. Now, with Mahomes, all his flaws are about to disappear, and Reid is about to become THE coach in the league.

what kind of shape? rough shape... they spent the last decade collecting top ten draft picks... Ten first round picks in the past 6 years... No one they hired was able to put the pieces together... Thats Bad Coaching... the high point was a 7 win season with brian hoyer under center... Piss poor coaching, piss poor player management, piss poor front office...

You keep bringing up Andy Reid and not winning the Super Bowl... its a lot harder than it looks to win one... 53 Super Bowls ... only 19 different head coaches have won the Lombardi... winning one doesn't impress you? We have a fundamental disagreement about how hard it is to win in this league in today's game... trying to balance/build a roster, which is dictated by a salary cap and free agency? Just getting there is an ordeal and is impressive as hell...

ask jerry how difficult it is... he's been chasing that since spitzer left... hasnt gotten anywhere near it...

winning one doesnt impress you ... lol ... utter ridiculousness

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
what kind of shape? rough shape... they spent the last decade collecting top ten draft picks... No one they hired was able to put the pieces together... the high point was a 7 win season with brian hoyer under center... Piss poor coaching, piss poor player management, piss poor front office...

You keep bringing up Andy Reid and not winning the Super Bowl... its a lot harder than it looks to win one... 53 Super Bowls ... only 19 different head coaches have won the Lombardi... winning one doesn't impress you? We have a fundamental disagreement about how hard it is to win in this league in today's game... trying to balance/build a roster, which is dictated by a salary cap and free agency? Just getting there is an ordeal and is impressive as hell...

actually, your post right now shows we are absolutely on the same page. Winning, hell getting to a SB is DAMN hard. The salary cap is very effective at keeping teams very close to each other. Winning one SB doesnt impress me... not so much as it determining that a 1 time SB winning coach is any better than a number of other coaches that have never won a SB. The NFL is littered with coaches, outstanding coaches that have never won a SB. Every year the NFL hires 4-6 new coaches that are the next great thing.... and they fail miserably. So when they were hired, they knew how to coach. But when they get fired, they sucked? The guy is Detroit is a perfect example. Again, my point is all of these guys are good.... damn good. Some just arent as lucky as others.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Hue Jackson is pretty exceptionally bad as a NFL head coach. He was aggressively hated by his team, and not in a "master manipulator firing them up" way like Jimmy Johnson did sometimes, more like for being a self-serving hypocrite and backbiter who would throw his players under the bus to the media behind everyone's backs.

Changing the coaching staff made the Browns visibly better overnight, and it was really obvious to anybody who watched them before vs. after with the exact same players. I don't know how much better off they'll be long-term, but Hue was less of a head coach and more of a psychological disease vector.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Leaving the names out, on purpose or not, made the op difficult to read imo.

Can Andy Reid be considered great? I think he is a great coach... he wins, he wins consistently... he builds teams that are competitive year in year out... That is what makes him great, imo... you want to quibble over word definitions like great, very good, good, etc? fine, go ahead...

As for Reid, yes, a Super Bowl victory has eluded him, but his level of success compared to his contemporaries does indeed show that he is one of the better coaches in the NFL today... and has been for 20 years...

If you dont think he is a great coach, how do you define great?

Reid is Marty Shottenhimer great.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
And Belechek has Brady....Landry had Staubach........Jimmy Johnson had Aikman...........Walsh had Montana.........Knoll had Bradshaw........... Lombardi had Starr........ great coach and great QB seems to be a pretty good combo throughout NFL history

And Andy Reid gets full credit for moving up at great cost and grabbing Mahomes. That was his guy.
And Brian Billick had Trent Dilfer...wait, that can't be right.