Next Head Coach?

Sully

Reaction score
Might be safe to say, over 50% of Dallas fans want a new head coach. I will say, and have been saying, that the Cowboys will NOT see a NFC title game, yet alone a Superbowl until Jerry Jones visits Al Davis. The Dallas Cowboys are the #1 richest sports franchise(according to Forbes). Off the field, Jerry Jones is dominating, while on-the-field, they are embarrassing for too looooooooooooooong.

So the chant is fire Garrett and I am with this chant. I thought Garrett was a "good" hire, thinking he learned under Jimmy and Saben but has not happen. So the chant of "fire Garrett" is louder.

Since 1995, the Dallas Cowboys have two(2) playoff wins in 23 years. Beyond unacceptable !
The coaching merry-go round--since Jimmy has been:
Switzer, Gailey, Campo, Parcells, Phillips & Garrett.

Please, no mocking here and would like to make this a real discussion;
Who would Dallas fans like to replace Garrett? Jimmy is NOT coming back. Few seasons ago, several were wanting Jon Gruden he is not doing to well with the Raiders currently. So throw out some names.

Sully

Reaction score
haven't changed my wish-list at all:
Bob Stoops
Nick Saban
Urban Meyer
Jim Harbaugh
Lincoln Riley

Nick Saban will never leave Alabama. Why would he, Saban has it made with Bama
Urban Meyer has BIG TIME health issues. I would like Harbaugh. Not sure about Stoops and Riley doesn't want to leave, likes college

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
haven't changed my wish-list at all:
Bob Stoops
Nick Saban
Urban Meyer
Jim Harbaugh
Lincoln Riley

A friend just mentioned Urban Meyer and said there's rumor he wants out of Ohio State and may be ready for the NFL.

If that's accurate, I'm wondering what everyone's opinion would be about Urban Meyer as a head coaching candidate?

:huh:

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Jack Del Rio
Bruce Arians
**Dan Campbell** Parcells disciple
Chris Peterson

Blackthorn

Reaction score
I want Sean Payton and for Sean to bring back Dez.
Nick Saban and for Saban to bring the Alabama team with him

Josh McDaniels. this would be a gut punch to the Patriots and their fan base

Jim SCHWARTZ- has passion
Matt LaFleur, the timing patterns were beautiful Monday

Jim Bob Cooter- it would be fun to say "Coach Cooter " or "Jim Bob

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
Nick Saban will never leave Alabama. Why would he, Saban has it made with Bama
Urban Meyer has BIG TIME health issues. I would like Harbaugh. Not sure about Stoops and Riley doesn't want to leave, likes college
I don't think Saban will stay at Bama forever.....eventually he will retrn to the NFL to right a wrong.
It won't be for ANY NfL job...but the right one....and I think Dallas would intrigue him.
He would want control and I don't think JJ will surrender it....unless he's "sick and tired".
When Stoops was here at Ou,it was said the only NFL job that could/would tempt him was Dallas.
As for Lincoln Riley,he said in his press conference the other day that he would not close the door on it (going to the NFL) and that he's not interested in it "right now". Of course not....we're still in season.
Urban intrigues me....he doesnt strike me as a control freak like Saban...I think if he were to leave,the time is now.
Jim Harbaugh probably wants more control than JJ would give.
maybe John Harbaugh if Ravens cut him loose.

cowboyec

Reaction score
A friend just mentioned Urban Meyer and said there's rumor he wants out of Ohio State and may be ready for the NFL.

If that's accurate, I'm wondering what everyone's opinion would be about Urban Meyer as a head coaching candidate?

:huh:
I would love him here.
He doesn't strike me as a control freak like Saban.
And his offense started all this going back to his days at Utah.
As long as he gets to pick his staff....plus he might see Dak as his type of QB.
Urban Meyer in Dallas I think would be a perfect match.

rynochop

Reaction score
Sabans way too old to go deal with NFL players.

I know for every Sean Mcvay there's a half dozen Ben McAdoos

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
The biggest obstacle to get any decent HC to Dallas....is Jerry Jones. Make no bones about it, Jones will not hire another Bill Parcells type coach... Jerry is in charge and he runs the show in Dallas. Saban Urban Meyers, Stoops and Harbaughs are all wish full thinking.... they would not work for Owner/GM like the Jones

UncleOscar

Reaction score
No names to throw out, but why would any bright up and coming coach come to the Cowboys and work for GM Jerry Jones? Jerry the control freak will insist on hiring some of the new coaches assistants, keep a few coaches from the current staff, and make hair brain trades, not allow the coach to cut or discipline players and control the draft. This would be and will be career suicide. Fans think because it's the Cowboys, the Star and America's Team every coach in America will die to come here and coach and work for Jerry. That aura has long faded over the last 23 years. The big name coaches will demand to be GM and the younger ones like Lincoln Riley will know he better go to a team with a good and competent GM. Jerry's run the gamut with the old famous college coach, the in house assistant, a supposedly hot coordinator from another team, the proven famous SB winning coach and the former player turned prodigal incompetent son.
Where does Jerry go from here? He'll definitely hire someone that is not a threat to him and can be controlled, in other words another mediocre coach.

bodi

Reaction score
Dan Campbell
Matt LaFleur
Leslie Frazier
Todd Wash

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Given recent comments, Troy Aikman?

Harbaugh (Michigan) I'd like. McDaniels would be ok but his run in Denver wasn't so hot.

I don't follow college football closely so not sure of names available there.