Next Super Bowl

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Well sure. But every team knows this. If you get 1 yard, or no gain, you can't afford to run into the line again. Or you could be looking at a 3rd and long and giving them the ball back with plenty of time left. They won't be running the ball.

Watch this short video. The Jets miss an extra point to tie with 2:30 to go. Score is 17-16. That's where this video ends. What you don't see are the Jets run the ball 3 times into the line, punt it to Miami, and proceed to lose when Miami kicks a FG.

I understand what you're saying. But with over 5 minutes left, you have to get first downs.
I guess you weren’t around for the 90’s teams. If they had the lead in the 4 th quarter the game was usually over as the just ran the clock out. The defense knew exactly what running play was coming. Cowboys didn’t disguise it. Didn’t need to.

Flamma

Reaction score
I guess you weren’t around for the 90’s teams. If they had the lead in the 4 th quarter the game was usually over as the just ran the clock out. The defense knew exactly what running play was coming. Cowboys didn’t disguise it. Didn’t need to.
My first post in this thread was describing this play with 4:22 left in the game, 1st down. Dallas is up by 4. You can't not watch it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
My first post in this thread was describing this play with 4:22 left in the game, 1st down. Dallas is up by 4. You can't not watch it.

You’ll never get apparently. Please go coach for the Eagirls.

Flamma

Reaction score
You’ll never get apparently. Please go coach for the Eagirls.
They already have a bum head coach. They don't need another one like myself. But had you been calling the plays for the Cowboys in that game, we lose the championship. I'm not saying that to be a wise guy or anything. You basically said what you would do with the 90s Cowboys. Run the ball 2-3 times into the line, punt, and lose the game 27-24.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
They already have a bum head coach. They don't need another one like myself. But had you been calling the plays for the Cowboys in that game, we lose the championship. I'm not saying that to be a wise guy or anything. You basically said what you would do with the 90s Cowboys. Run the ball 2-3 times into the line, punt, and lose the game 27-24.
When the wanted to run the ball no one could stop them. It’s why they were so good. I can tell you’re too young to have experienced that because if you did you wouldn’t be flapping your gums.