Next Tournament Idea Thread (Balloting Has Ended)

Chose 4 Movie Genres OR Movie Pair Ups OR Franchise Series (read post #111 before voting)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think his big problems started in the ring, with Holyfield.

Perhaps but that wasn’t the same Tyson as before....in his prime. He just served six years before facing Hollyfield and Mike was going downhill fast, especially mentally.

It is all personal opinions from us but he was by far my favorite to watch, Big George was second. I am not old enough to have followed Ali, just seen the highlights.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Perhaps but that wasn’t the same Tyson as before....in his prime. He just served six years before facing Hollyfield and Mike was going downhill fast, especially mentally.

It is all personal opinions from us but he was by far my favorite to watch, Big George was second. I am not old enough to have followed Ali, just seen the highlights.
I liked watching Iron Mike too, but Ali had it all. The talent, the speed, the power, the showmanship, and the rapier wit.

visionary

Reaction score
If we do ever go back to a hot women related tourney...say 2-3 tourneys from now....Hottest Wives of famous athletes would be interesting. (not WAGs....too many...just wives)

Another one would be just best looking female athletes...period

Even though you were dead wrong to vote against Hayek, i second your above ideas

visionary

Reaction score
Iron Mike Tyson's greatest strength was the invulnerability his fear instilled in other fighters. His kryptonite was an inability to scare every opponent. Not sure if Buster Douglas would agree Tyson was the best heavyweight boxer of all-time.

anyone going against Ali is just showing their ignorance

he took on the biggest and baddest fighters of his time, a time when the heavyweight division was a real nightmare, and beat each and every one of them, all the while laughing in their faces

he also had the weight of history on his back
and he didn’t hide from any of it, he took it head on and beat it

that guy was the Greatest period

the end

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
anyone going against Ali is just showing their ignorance

he took on the biggest and baddest fighters of his time, a time when the heavyweight division was a real nightmare, and beat each and every one of them, all the while laughing in their faces

he also had the weight of history on his back
and he didn’t hide from any of it, he took it head on and beat it

that guy was the Greatest period

the end
I think "ignorance" is a bit strong, especially when you're talking about someone who didn't get to watch him fight, but the rest is on the money.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Frazier was not the fighter Ali was, but he is unquestionably among the top heavyweights of all time. And although Frazier lost two of their three fights, he gave better than he got. It was after their third fight that Ali's slow physical deterioration first began to show.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I liked watching Iron Mike too, but Ali had it all. The talent, the speed, the power, the showmanship, and the rapier wit.
As far as pure talent, there has never been a heavyweight like Ali.
Just a different level.

There were some as tough (Tyson, Frazier) but none as gifted.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My original thought was giving members 48 hours consideration of new ideas would be long enough but that may have been an overestimation. Now I think my summary of the ideas thus far (see post #29) will suffice in creating an elimination poll. Methinks this will be the plan:

• The individual summarized ideas will take up seven of the ten options
  • The remaining ones with grouped sub-topics--Hottest Female, Movies and Songs--will populate the last three options
tada! Full poll. The idea getting the most votes in the poll will create the next balloting phase UNLESS Hottest Female, Movies or Songs nets the most votes. If so, a follow-up poll will decide which of the sub-topics belonging to those three categories will be the idea chosen and the balloting phase will proceed afterwards.

The poll will be posted later today, so check the top of the Off-Topic Zone for it. Members will have 24 hours to vote on the next idea for the upcoming tournament.

timb2

Reaction score
Heaveyweight. Boxers

1 Ali
2 Tyson
3 Holmes
4 L. Lewis
5 Holyfield
6 Foreman
7 Liston
8 Marciano
9 J. Louis
10 Frazier
11 F. Patterson
12. Norton
13 Shavers
14 Bowe
15 M. Weaver
16 Baer
17 Tunney
18 J. Johnson
19. Dempsey
20 Vi. Klitchsko
21 Va. Klitchsko
22 Golota
23 Wilder
24 Fury
25 Douglas
26 Schemiling
27 B. Caan
28 J. Sullivan
29. H. Cooper
30 Cooney
31 M. Spinks
32 T. Witherspoon

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heaveyweight. Boxers

1 Ali
2 Tyson
3 Holmes
4 L. Lewis
5 Holyfield
6 Foreman
7 Liston
8 Marciano
9 J. Louis
10 Frazier
11 F. Patterson
12. Norton
13 Shavers
14 Bowe
15 M. Weaver
16 Baer
17 Tunney
18 J. Johnson
19. Dempsey
20 Vi. Klitchsko
21 Va. Klitchsko
22 Golota
23 Wilder
24 Fury
25 Douglas
26 Schemiling
27 B. Caan
28 J. Sullivan
29. H. Cooper
30 Cooney
31 M. Spinks
32 T. Witherspoon
Are you locking in your ballot list for Best Heavyweight Boxer already? The idea choices have not even been voted on yet. What if that category is not the consensus pick of today's poll and does not become a tournament for weeks or even months down the road? Perhaps wait until the balloting phase of any tournament first before posting any lists. ;) :)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A second follow-up poll will be conducted if any of the three categories below wins the June 29 idea poll:

• Best Hottest Female - will decide a) Metal Singers, b) Celebrity, c) Policewomen, d) Anchor Babe, e) Women In The World OR f) Vampire Babes
  • Best Movies - will decide a) Comedies, b) Dramas, c) Westerns, d) Horror/Science Fiction e) Sports, f) Movie Pair Ups, g) Franchise Series (3 minimum in series) OR h) Top Movies
  • Best Songs - will decide a) Songs in general OR b) Songs by decade
Note: all ideas that do not win an idea poll will be available for as a future tournament choice after a consensus idea tournament has ended.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The idea poll has been posted. Please vote and decide which idea will be used for members to cast ballot lists that will be used to construct a tournament bracket.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A tiebreaker has been already conceived for tournament use. Tournament ideas are not specific enough to use that particular tiebreaker if necessary in my opinion. Any suggestions are welcome for breaking ideas in the polling phase.

I am thinking of doing a coin flip to decide idea polling ties but it is not verifiable. Plus, there is the possibility I could use a two-headed coin. Just kidding. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.