Next year smells like Victory!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
giphy.gif
Child

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm not as miserable as some people around here. I think the coaching changes will make all the difference. Zeke, DLaw, Jaylon on others will be flourish under a staff that will hold them accountable and Jerry will manipulate the cap to put together a good roster. Go Cowboys!!! Victory is on the Gameday Menu and it smells gooooood!
Amen, Coach!!! You more than anyone on here would understand that!

Can't wait for the 2020 season to start! GO COWBOYS!!!!

:starspin:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not buying into the hype like some who just hated Garrett.

ST and LB coaching got better. No doubt we also got more experienced coaches all together. But I'm not convinced overall the defensive coaches are better and we certainly have not added more talent than last year.
We haven't added any talent yet. Free agency and the draft haven't happened yet. Makes it kinda hard to add talent. As far as the coaching goes, Bloom, Marinelli and Richard couldn't work together. That's a recipe for disaster no matter how good you might be.
BTW. I didn't like Garrett because he was a horrible head coach with a weak staff. As a former coach, I know one thing. Coaching matters!!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
We get the Honeymoon year no matter what. :flagwave:

Gailey going from 6-10 to 10-6 with the same players.
Parcells going from 3-13 to 10-6 with many of the same players.
Wade going from 9-7 to 13-3 with the same players.

Garrett & Campo were the only ones who never got to enjoy a Honeymoon year. I would say that Campo took over a bunch of crap but Parcells made it work.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We haven't added any talent yet. Free agency and the draft haven't happened yet. Makes it kinda hard to add talent. As far as the coaching goes, Bloom, Marinelli and Richard couldn't work together. That's a recipe for disaster no matter how good you might be.
BTW. I didn't like Garrett because he was a horrible head coach with a weak staff. As a former coach, I know one thing. Coaching matters!!

That's why i'm waiting to see how this all shakes out with draft and FA and big contracts. Yes coaching matters. We are a ST coach or kicker away from making the playoffs either would have made the difference. Whomever thought it was a great idea to let bloom coach in any capacity is an idiot, same with the former ST coach.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm not as miserable as some people around here. I think the coaching changes will make all the difference. Zeke, DLaw, Jaylon on others will be flourish under a staff that will hold them accountable and Jerry will manipulate the cap to put together a good roster. Go Cowboys!!! Victory is on the Gameday Menu and it smells gooooood!

Whatever...........Now back to regular discussions.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh yeah, everything's ducky until that moment Big Mike makes the fatal mistake and...………………………………...claps! Then the smell of burning posters will fill the air.

Here's what I don't get in the "worst case department". One can be optimistic and be wrong and disappointed in the season or pessimistic and be right and disappointed in the season. With the lack of evidence, why be negative? The pessimistic ones gonna come back and play the "told ya so" card? Good luck with that.

I wanted one of two HC's and got one of them and he's been given the luxury of hiring his own staff, which was a bonus.

If we agree that this was an underperforming team based on talent, then why even entertain pessimism? I am optimistic and if I am wrong, so what? I will still eat some fine meals and I've got some crow recipes.