Next years 1 pick

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboybish, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Knotamus

Knotamus Well-Known Member

1,498 Messages
    3,614 Likes Received
    Little early conversation imo, but I’m in..

BPA is all I want. Yeah, I know it’s cliche’..but it’s the truth.

And for those that don’t like that answer.. I give you CeeDee Lamb. We didn’t supposedly need him, but we took him and he’s been a great player. Most wanted a CB this last draft (including myself), but man.. Micah Parsons has changed the look of this defense in year 1.

We have a long ways to go before the draft.. and too many variables play into what we need. If we can’t resign Gregory.. a dominate Pass Rusher will be a priority. If “Boss man Fat” ends up being “Boss man Flat”.. Cb becomes a priority again. If we lose both Gallup and Wilson.. do we dare draft another 1Rd WR? If Tyron Smith comes back and dominates the rest of the season.. is LT a need? Exp with Ball and Hyatt still being groomed. We still don’t have a Safety after this season..And we’ve been searching for that dominate DT for years now.. there’s just too many variables for this question right now.

Cowboys4lifeGR likes this.
  2. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld 26 years of 26 years

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    26,972 Messages
    29,987 Likes Received
    His mistake was posting in the fanzone, especially on Gameday. Should be in the draft zone, where it would still get traction without the criticism

3. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

8,670 Messages
    10,271 Likes Received
  4. Montanalo

Montanalo Well-Known Member

3,271 Messages
    8,739 Likes Received
    He's one big dude.

tyke1doe and Proof like this.
  5. DasTex

DasTex Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    3,720 Messages
    2,986 Likes Received
    OT or DE

Stash likes this.
  6. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    32,786 Messages
    28,425 Likes Received
    It's almost game time. I'm not concerned with right now.

Sheepherder likes this.
  7. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

7,103 Messages
    4,193 Likes Received
    I could see safety or even another CB, possibly a LBer. But yes concern #1 is OT really LT but any OT would be good.

Although I would love getting a legit DE, I know they will stick with Gregory and Lawrence no matter what.
    It isn't working this year, but next year they will be betting on them being healthy and productive. I wouldn't bet on that but they love sticking to their guns.

8. TheDuke

TheDuke How 'Bout Dem Cowboys

3,661 Messages
    2,374 Likes Received
    Defensive Line and Offensive Line are the top priorities. A top notch corner is also up there.

BourbonBalz likes this.
  9. Sheepherder

Sheepherder Well-Known Member

713 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    Talkin about gettin the cart in front of the horse. Why not focuse on today.

10. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

11,612 Messages
    7,318 Likes Received
    Maybe, but what if a QB, WR, or RB happen to be the highest rated player on our board? That’s why saying take BPA is nice in theory, but isn’t always practical. You have to look at BPA and need, regardless what those constantly say about only looking at BPA. Are Buffalo or the Chargers going to take a QB in next year’s first round just because a QB happens to be the highest rated player on their board? I think we all know the answer to that question.

11. USArmyVet

USArmyVet Well-Known Member

4,645 Messages
    7,105 Likes Received
    LT (Smith replacement), DE (DLaw replacement), DT (need a legit starter), LB (LVE replacement), CB (Brown replacement), FS (need legit starter), SS (need legit starter), LG (Williams replacement), RT (Collins replacement)....and that is just starters.

12. JayFord

JayFord Well-Known Member

8,874 Messages
    14,009 Likes Received
    im considering Guard or Tackle.....

more so leaning to Tackle i love Tyron and what he brings and when hes on the field hes still top 3 OTs in the league but you have to see the writing on the wall

13. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

11,612 Messages
    7,318 Likes Received
    Oh I don’t know, maybe because it’s a message board. Have you got your tape job yet for today’s game? It always makes me laugh when I read posts like this, as if it makes a bit of difference. LOL

darthseinfeld likes this.
  14. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

16,800 Messages
    13,716 Likes Received
    Left Tackle , Safety, Tightend, Linebacker

15. ChuckA1

ChuckA1 Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    2,543 Messages
    3,938 Likes Received
    1T and LT

16. darthseinfeld

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    26,972 Messages
    29,987 Likes Received
    Wouldn't rule out WR tbh

17. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

11,612 Messages
    7,318 Likes Received
    Not in the first round. Maybe any round after that if we don’t sign any of our FAs.

18. darthseinfeld

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    26,972 Messages
    29,987 Likes Received
    Lawrence could be a cap casualty. Especially if they plan on using Parsons as an edge rusher

19. 1972COWBOY

1972COWBOY Well-Known Member

1,706 Messages
    1,574 Likes Received
    Unfortunately, the broke the mold when they made him.

Update: Rumor has it Tyron ate the mold.

20. darthseinfeld

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    26,972 Messages
    29,987 Likes Received
    If guy rated in the top 20 drops, I can see them going WR. Sets them up to move on from Cooper in the future, and they still likely walk in as a starter

BigTimeBlues likes this.