Next Years starting FS

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
James Butler
S, Georgia Tech
War Room analysis
Strengths: Is most comfortable in coverage. Shows great leaping ability. Excels at reading quarterbacks' eyes. Height allows him to match up against taller receivers. Is a consistent big-play threat. Shines in run support with great open-field tackling skills. Is a true student-athlete. Has a tireless work ethic both in the film room and the classroom. Is a leader with great intangibles both on and off the field.

Weaknesses: Has only one season of starting experience. Needs to improve technique and awareness. Has decent speed, but it's not enough for him to stay with the fastest of receivers. Must bulk up and get stronger to become more effective at the line of scrimmage.

Bottom line: Butler, an All-Academic ACC performer, is limited by his lack of top-end speed and bulk. But his instincts, intangibles and intelligence and another excellent year for the Yellow Jackets will secure him a first- or second-round selection.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At this point I would like a "Brock Marion" type. A safety that's OK vs. the run but good against the pass.

This safety would have to be able to cover.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
What in the world makes you think that Parcells would want a rookie to start at safety. You are totally disregarding the "trust" issue.

If only Rod Woodson was a year or two older and a former Jet or Patriot, he would be ideal.

The only way I see this FS you speak of, playing in Dallas next year is if he falls to the 7th round and can play special teams.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I'm interested in Gary Baxter.

Is he a CB or a S?

It was rumored that we tried to trade for him.

Either way, he could help our secondary next year.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I'm interested in Gary Baxter.

Is he a CB or a S?

It was rumored that we tried to trade for him.

Either way, he could help our secondary next year.

He is a corner.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Midswat said:
Whatever happened to him?
His agent PMed me on this site after reading some posts of mine about wanting him. He gave me a phone number and asked me to call him. So I did. He told me that Everage was in Oxnard at that moment to work out for the Cowboys.

He told me he had been working out with Jerry Rice and some other NFL types and he assured me he was in shape and looking forward to the chance.

He told me that Everage had his head on straight and was looking to put the bad press behind him.

Then he worked out and did not do well. Apparently he's not healthy yet from his shoulder surgeries.

I still hope he ends up here when he gets healthy. He has chemistry with Roy, looks up to Woodson, and wants to be a Cowboy.

Not a doubt in my mind he's better than Dixon, Scott, or Davis...when he's healthy.

I wish his agent would PM me again. Maybe I should PM him or call him again. I'd like to know what is up.

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
His agent PMed me on this site after reading some posts of mine about wanting him. He gave me a phone number and asked me to call him. So I did. He told me that Everage was in Oxnard at that moment to work out for the Cowboys.

He told me he had been working out with Jerry Rice and some other NFL types and he assured me he was in shape and looking forward to the chance.

He told me that Everage had his head on straight and was looking to put the bad press behind him.

Then he worked out and did not do well. Apparently he's not healthy yet from his shoulder surgeries.

I still hope he ends up here when he gets healthy. He has chemistry with Roy, looks up to Woodson, and wants to be a Cowboy.

Not a doubt in my mind he's better than Dixon, Scott, or Davis...when he's healthy.

I wish his agent would PM me again. Maybe I should PM him or call him again. I'd like to know what is up.

I remember you breaking that he was working out with Dallas before anyone else did . . . so I'm not questioning your credibility . . . but I think its a little odd that his agent would be perusing a message board while his client was working out for a team.

At any rate . . . I was one of the few that got excited when I heard he was working out, and I thought he was a lock to sign with us.

I'm suprised that we haven't heard anything at all about the guy . . . especially considering how poorly Tony Dixon has been playing.

I don't care what BP says about TD doing better than we think . . . he simply can not be satisfied with TD's play.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Midswat said:
I remember you breaking that he was working out with Dallas before anyone else did . . . so I'm not questioning your credibility . . . but I think its a little odd that his agent would be perusing a message board while his client was working out for a team.

At any rate . . . I was one of the few that got excited when I heard he was working out, and I thought he was a lock to sign with us.

I'm suprised that we haven't heard anything at all about the guy . . . especially considering how poorly Tony Dixon has been playing.

I don't care what BP says about TD doing better than we think . . . he simply can not be satisfied with TD's play.
It shocked me too. I was really glad the guy PMed me.

I was actually on the phone with him when I posted that Everage was in Oxnard to work out.

As far as his agent checking out Cowboys sites, I think he just was doing his homework and stumbled across this place. I just checked his username and he hasn't been online since August 18.

I took a lot of heat over this at the other site. Oh well. Life goes on.

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I took a lot of heat over this at the other site. Oh well. Life goes on.

You catch heat for everything on the other site . . .

They claim to be better than you . . . yet they obsess about you . . .

Weird eh?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Midswat said:
You catch heat for everything on the other site . . .

They claim to be better than you . . . yet they obsess about you . . .

Weird eh?
I wish I could explain it. Anything I say is subject to being an inside joke there. I've been psycho-analyzed to the nth degree by people who aren't qualified to do so. I don't care. I don't hate those guys even if they do hate me. I don't hate anyone. Takes too much effort and isn't worth the stomach acid.

Like I told you once, I have over 4000 posts here. Good luck finding the word "props." I didn't say it much on the old site either. You'd think I say it non stop the way they mock me for it. They use the word multiple times in a lot of posts. Hell they doctor photos with it.

I told one guy I loved his state. One time. How many dozens of times do they say it? One of them has it in his sig line with a couple of quarter mocking my old sig line about Harris and Wright earning the ROH.

I'd say they are the ones obsessed with those words, not me.

In their opinion everything that was wrong with the old site and is wrong with this site is due to me. Well, you know what opinions are like don't you?

Some of them stink. ;)

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I wish I could explain it. Anything I say is subject to being an inside joke there. I've been psycho-analyzed to the nth degree by people who aren't qualified to do so. I don't care. I don't hate those guys even if they do hate me. I don't hate anyone. Takes too much effort and isn't worth the stomach acid.

Like I told you once, I have over 4000 posts here. Good luck finding the word "props." I didn't say it much on the old site either. You'd think I say it non stop the way they mock me for it. They use the word multiple times in a lot of posts. Hell they doctor photos with it.

I told one guy I loved his state. One time. How many dozens of times do they say it? One of them has it in his sig line with a couple of quarter mocking my old sig line about Harris and Wright earning the ROH.

In their opinion everything that was wrong with the old site and is wrong with this site is due to me. Well, you know what opinions are like don't you?

Some of them stink. ;)

I wouldn't worry about it.

They ultimately lost in the deal . . . and their inability to put the past behind them is proof positive that they realize the same thing . . .

They act like girls who were madly in love, and then got their hearts broken. They just can't let go.

I use several computers to access the web. Two at home, and multiple at work. They banned most of my work IP addresses, but not all, and not my home ones. So I still used to check the site out after my (BS) banning . . . But then I realized that site had nothing to offer. I haven't checked them out in almost a month, and I don't plan to anytime soon. I could care less about those guys anymore.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
junk said:
He is a corner.
Baxter has also played FS and would be an excellent FS for us. He played college ball in Waco and can cover and hit. As a CB he is a bit of a liability that can really only function in Balitmore with that pressure defense. Even then he has been burned alot. I really liked Baxter as a CB coming out but his CB days are limited. He is alot like former Parcells project Marcus Coleman who just signed a 3 year extension after a shift to FS.

One thing is certian. We need a better pass coverage safety then we currently have on the roster. Ed Reed would be ideal but isnt changing teams anytime soon.

James Butler is another guy who would be a weak coverage guy so no he wont do. I would be very tempted to play Pete Hunter there now that he is coming back off of injury. He has enough cover skills and we can work on his tackling.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Midswat said:
I wouldn't worry about it.

They ultimately lost in the deal . . . and their inability to put the past behind them is proof positive that they realize the same thing . . .

They act like girls who were madly in love, and then got their hearts broken. They just can't let go.

I use several computers to access the web. Two at home, and multiple at work. They banned most of my work IP addresses, but not all, and not my home ones. So I still used to check the site out after my (BS) banning . . . But then I realized that site had nothing to offer. I haven't checked them out in almost a month, and I don't plan to anytime soon. I could care less about those guys anymore.
I no longer do worry about it. They know this site is better. That's why they all visit here daily. There is literally nothing I can do that will please them so why should I even try.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
The whole inner circle SBK crap and collective attacks trying to attack others was out of hand. jmo

There is a small element of that that still is in the culture here but at a significantly lower level.

It should be about football.........

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile said:

Some of them stink. ;)

Stop being such as bastid :D