Next Years starting FS

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd love to find a corner that could be converted to safety. We need someone back there that could cover.

Who knows, maybe Hunter at some point will find himself back there.

Reaction score
I think its quite embarrasing that we have no FS on the whole team and haven't for YEARS!

I am sure that was part of the reason why Favre was LAUGHING at our zimmy wuss...

I want a guy who has a feel for the game...I don't want to convert a CB...I want a FS who has excelled at being a FS...
Hunter should not have been switched to CB to begin with...

Good point about Ed Reed JT, I wanted to trade down that year and take him...

Still, people should stop *****ing about Dixon...He is better in coverage then Woody...But a worse tackler...

You want something to ***** about?

zimmy/sqiggy....

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
I think its quite embarrasing that we have no FS on the whole team and haven't for YEARS!

I am sure that was part of the reason why Favre was LAUGHING at our zimmy wuss...

I want a guy who has a feel for the game...I don't want to convert a CB...I want a FS who has excelled at being a FS...
Hunter should not have been switched to CB to begin with...

Good point about Ed Reed JT, I wanted to trade down that year and take him...

Still, people should stop *****ing about Dixon...He is better in coverage then Woody...But a worse tackler...

You want something to ***** about?

zimmy/sqiggy....

I don't think Dixon even compares to Woodson is coverage. Woodson is far better. You sure wouldn't want Dixon covering a slot receiver like Woodson used to. There was a reason Roy was near the line more last year. Woodson could cover. Dixon can't, so Roy has to go do it.

Hailmary

Reaction score
I wonder if Everage will ever be healthy enough to play in this league. He packs a wallop but doesn't have the biggest frame, which probably explains the injuries he's suffered while w/ the Sooners. Also considering that the WRs are bigger and faster in the NFL, that just doesn't seem to bode well for him. It's also my understanding that he'll go for the KO instead of wrapping up his man. This scares me when the FS is usually the alst line of defense.

It's too late for this year, but starting w/ next year's TC, I wouldn't mind seeing an experiment where Crayton is moved to FS. I'm not sure how he will be as a tackler, but I just get the feeling he'll be able to make a play for the ball somehow. He seems to have good football instincts. JMO.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Hate to say this, but I think we've seen the last of Woodson. And it pains me more when I say that even before the injury, he was starting to show signs of having lost a step.

Eddie

Reaction score
Let's move Larry Allen to FS. He can deliver a load and he's big enough so no one can run around him. :D

mwmilsted

Reaction score
I noticed that one draft board is showing Donte Nicholson as the #1 FS prospect.
He's from OU and is 6'2" / 216 lbs. Any comments...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I like Tom Davis out of Georgia. That guy is an amazing athlete.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Watch out for Marcus Coleman. He moved from corner to FS last year for the Texans and had 7 picks in 2003. He's also a former Parcells guy.

I believe he's a UFA next season.

Rich............