NFC is a mess this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to hearing this as well. A 20-year vet taking the preseason off is not rare.
Yeah.
Everyone is piling on about that.

Sorry folks, I'm not perfect.
One of the articles I saw described it exactly as I did. But I should have said "there is a rumor" instead of just saying it as if its so.
His words are he is stepping away from the game for a brief while to take care of some personal issues.
People went nuts, talking fo divorce etc, but it could be just to bury his dog or something. I have no idea.

So my bad.

You all are pretty ruff at times though.

Btw, not just taking pre-season games off. Stepping away entirely from practice and facilty for that time. That is rare, regardless of tenure.

Last edited:

Nav22

Reaction score
I explained what I was referring to.
Jeez man, settle the ef down
I was quite calm in my reply. You’re the one getting emotional.

Just man up next time. “You’re right, my mistake.”

It’s not hard. Well, for some of us, it’s not hard.
:laugh:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
If you think Brady taking this time off isn’t rare, you are wrong. He’s the ultimate competitor. There is a big issue there.

And he's also 45. He doesn't need preseason. Aaron Rodgers is 7 years younger and said he doesn't see a need to play in the preseason.

Also, we're about a day beyond week 1 of preseason. He could be back next week or the week after just for the sake of getting a couple reps. Guaranteed, he's going to be there when the regular season starts. And he's probably going to kick a lot of *** like he has always done.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I was quite calm in my reply. You’re the one getting emotional.

Just man up next time. “You’re right, my mistake.”

It’s not hard. Well, for some of us, it’s not hard.
:laugh:
Well, you said I was "dishonest" and need to "man up".
That's pretty harsh if you ask me.

All over stating something that was rumor and maybe overstepping an assumption.....not yet proven fact or fiction one way or the other.
So yeah, you seemed a bit over the top over in just a football thread of 100s of words and not getting it just perfect for you discussing one part of many teams' situations

But yes, I should've said if the rumor was true vs stating it the way i did. But the whole theme of the thread was possible holes in the armor of teams.

Like I said in another post, maybe he is just taking time away to deal with personal issues that aren't any big deal at all. I still think they are a favorite.

Btw, I've admitted if I was wrong in this forum plenty of times.

Nav22

Reaction score
Well, you said I was "dishonest" and need to "man up".
That's pretty harsh if you ask me.

All over stating something that was rumor and maybe overstepping an assumption.....not yet proven fact or fiction one way or the other.
So yeah, you seemed a bit over the top over in just a football thread of 100s of words and not getting it just perfect for you discussing one part of many teams' situations

But yes, I should've said if the rumor was true vs stating it the way i did. But the whole theme of the thread was possible holes in the armor of teams.

Like I said in another post, maybe he is just taking time away to deal with personal issues that aren't any big deal at all. I still think they are a favorite.

Btw, I've admitted if I was wrong in this forum plenty of times.
Where did you see this rumor? Source/link?

All I’ve seen is that he’s handling personal things. Show us where you saw the rumor that he’s “really struggling emotionally.”

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm looking forward to hearing this as well. A 20-year vet taking the preseason off is not rare.

The preseason off away from the team?

I can't think of one.

Now is when you try to claim it isn't a big deal.

Reactions: JBS

JBS

Reaction score
And he's also 45. He doesn't need preseason. Aaron Rodgers is 7 years younger and said he doesn't see a need to play in the preseason.

Also, we're about a day beyond week 1 of preseason. He could be back next week or the week after just for the sake of getting a couple reps. Guaranteed, he's going to be there when the regular season starts. And he's probably going to kick a lot of *** like he has always done.
Preseason isn’t what he’s missing. He’s not even with the team. That’s not normal. Preseason is meaningless. The games don’t matter. But him missing 2+ weeks away from the team isn’t normal. I’m not sure he’s going to continue playing.

JBS

Reaction score
He thinks the Cowboys showed me up by getting molested in the wild card round of the playoffs.

This is how pathetic our fans have become.

Back when this franchise used to be something that exact same season would have been a total failure but now its OMG time to eat crow.

Sad.

They have no shot this year either. They'll be worse than last year.

definitely worse than last year and you are going to pay for it.

Philly will win the East

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Actually I'm always right. And you are always wrong. Which is why U mad.

Cowboys went 12-5 last year and made the playoffs. Dak lead the #1 offense and #1 scoring offense in the NFL. Zeke barely got to 1000 yards.

Who was right and who was wrong about all that, you or me? :muttley:

Cmon buddy, give it a rest. Nearly EVERY QB ranking out has Dak in the top 10.

If you cant beat em, join em!!!!:yourock:

Aven8

Reaction score
Nfc is absolutely the weaker conference. By far. Too bad dallas is too inept to do anything about it.

We don’t strike when the fires hot. We stay the course. That’s why we never win anything anymore.

75boyz

Reaction score

He thinks the Cowboys showed me up by getting molested in the wild card round of the playoffs.

This is how pathetic our fans have become.

Back when this franchise used to be something that exact same season would have been a total failure but now its OMG time to eat crow.

Sad.

They have no shot this year either. They'll be worse than last year.

The number one offense cheerleaders are my favorites. Entertainment at its finest.​

sideon

Reaction score
Though I'm not sure Dallas can/will capitalize on the gift-wrapped opportunity, it does appear that the NFC has issues across the board this year.

Maybe we can at the very least advance a game or two in the playoffs?

I know, I know....don't pile on.....but they all have some issues.

Here are some issues with the top contenders

Bucs.
Brady is taking time away and is really struggling emotionally right now.
Big injuires on the line and elsewhere.

Rams
Stafford has an elbow issue. He's toughed it out his whole career through various pain issues, but this could get him later in the season.
They had some key losses in FA, including Von Miller. Some nice adds too though

49ers
Trey Lance is the starter, so that's a big unknown.

Green Bay
lost maybe the best WR in the league
then lost their #2 and #3 WRS as well.

Cards
They lost a ton of talent: Chandler Jones, Christian Kirk, Chase Edmond, Jordan Hicks, and more

Philly
They were the last team in and still have Hurts as QB, but may be better this year.
It's not gift wrapped if you have issues as well. These types of threads are always so arrogant, because they read like Dallas is better than the teams having problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.