Tackle: Chris Samuels (Skins)
TE: Jeremy Shockey (G-Men)
RB: Tiki Barber (G-Men)
DE: Michael Strahan (G-Men)
DE: Osi Umenyiora (G-Men)
Special Teamer: David Tyree (G-Men)
LB: Jeremiah Trotter (Eagles)
S: Brian Dawkins (Eagles)

Did I miss anyone? ...or, in your opinion, who was left off?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
D/Guard: Larry Allen (Cowboys)
SS: Roy Williams (Cowboys)
WR: Santana Moss (Skins)

Did I miss anyone?

you forgot the great big * next to Dawkins considering he onlt got in because mike Brown pulled out

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
you forgot the great big * next to Dawkins considering he onlt got in because mike Brown pulled out

Perhaps I also forgot to include a great big asterisk for those teams that were healthy but still didn't make the playoffs; or wildcard?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Perhaps I also forgot to include a great big asterisk for those teams that were healthy but still didn't make the playoffs; or wildcard?

Now Talon you know you can come up with better smack than that. Cant you? I mean here we are talking Pro Bowl and you start talking about some team with no injuries what team was that by the way? Because Dallas lost their LT, RT before the season started, RB, 4 LB's and 1 CB

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Newman was the single biggest snub of this year's pro bowl for any team. One of the best seasons in history at doing a CB's job (keeping the opponent from catching the ball, gaining yards and scoring) but he didn't have an announcer/analyst sniffing his strap.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Now Talon you know you can come up with better smack than that. Cant you? I mean here we are talking Pro Bowl and you start talking about some team with no injuries what team was that by the way? Because Dallas lost their LT, RT before the season started, RB, 4 LB's and 1 CB

Meeee? Smack talk ...no way! I was no more takling smack about a healthy Dallas Cowboys not making the playoffs than your inference that Brian Dawkins was not qualified to be a probowler in his own right -- regardless of the circumstances.

But, since the football helmet fits ...I do feel that Dallas should have been in the playoffs and unlike the Eagles, I don't think you can justify injuries as a reason you didn't go. I'm not talking smack now; I'm talking fact. The majority of your first team was on the field and you couldn't have told me that the Cowboys weren't playoff bound in 2005!

What happened?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Meeee? Smack talk ...no way! I was no more takling smack about a healthy Dallas Cowboys not making the playoffs than your inference that Brian Dawkins was not quslified to be a probowler in his own right -- regardless of the circumstances.

But, since the football helmet fits ...I do feel that Dallas should have been in the playoffs and unlike the Eagles, I don't think you can justify injuries as a reason you didn't go. I'm not talking smack now; I'm talking fact. The majority of your first team was on the field and you couldn't have told me that the Cowboy weren't playoff bound in 2005!

What happened?

Was Dawkins voted to the probowl? Or is he going because someone got hurt? Because if he didnt get voted in then he was not "qualified" as a pro bowler he "qualified" as an alternate who only got in because of someone who actually did qualify pulled out.

Of course you dont think we can justify anything with injuries, only the Eagles had injuries this year. I mean the wau our OLine fell apart after Flo went out had nothing to do with an injury. Our run defense letting up had nothing to do with losing all those LBs no way, our RT who was projected to start getting hurt and leaving us a 6th round pick at RT xouldnt have had anything to do with the line being bad on the right. Losing a starting CB who was having a very good year could not have had any effect on our Pass defense. Losing a starting RB to injury could not have hurt the run game ect ect ect. come on now

neosapien23

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
Newman was the single biggest snub of this year's pro bowl for any team. One of the best seasons in history at doing a CB's job (keeping the opponent from catching the ball, gaining yards and scoring) but he didn't have an announcer/analyst sniffing his strap.

Well, I guess he shouldn't have dropped that interception against Denver. It cost us the game and his Pro Bowl start.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Was Dawkins voted to the probowl? Or is he going because someone got hurt? Because if he didnt get voted in then he was not "qualified" as a pro bowler he "qualified" as an alternate who only got in because of someone who actually did qualify pulled out.

Think what you'd like about Dawkins, but the history books will reflect Brian Dawkins 2005 probowler -- not 2005 Alternate Probowler! He's in and that's good enough for me!

Of course you dont think we can justify anything with injuries, only the Eagles had injuries this year. I mean the wau our OLine fell apart after Flo went out had nothing to do with an injury. Our run defense letting up had nothing to do with losing all those LBs no way, our RT who was projected to start getting hurt and leaving us a 6th round pick at RT xouldnt have had anything to do with the line being bad on the right. Losing a starting CB who was having a very good year could not have had any effect on our Pass defense. Losing a starting RB to injury could not have hurt the run game ect ect ect. come on now

Come on yourself BDF5 ...all that's a bunch of yada yada and you know it.

Let's take a peek at some possible season changers for you ...

Losses:

Washington Loss ...you should have won -- a loss by 1-point
Oakland Loss ... you had them on their heels -- uncertain; a possible win
Seattle Loss ...saw the game 13-10 loss; you could have tied and won w/FG

Wins:

You beat the Panthers and the Chiefs!

Bottom line: You gave the game away to the Skins; you were a better team! Then to add insult to injury, you depend on the basement team to send you to the playoffs.

Now I know what kind of year it was for the Eagles -- I don't need anyone to tell me how to spell rotten year. But then, I'm not in denial either.:rolleyes:

@ San Diego (FOX)
Washington (ABC)
@ San Francisco (FOX)
@ Oakland (FOX)
Philadelphia (FOX)
N.Y. Giants (FOX)
@ Seattle (FOX)
Arizona (FOX)
BYE
@ Philadelphia (ABC)
Detroit (FOX)
Denver (CBS)
@ N.Y. Giants (FOX)
Kansas City (CBS)
@ Washington (FOX)
@ Carolina (FOX)
St. Louis (ESPN)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
neosapien23 said:
Well, I guess he shouldn't have dropped that interception against Denver. It cost us the game and his Pro Bowl start.
Wrong. The missed FG cost us the game and idiot writers cost him the pro bowl.

TNew = totally screwed.

Manster68

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
D/Guard: Larry Allen (Cowboys)
SS: Roy Williams (Cowboys)
WR: Santana Moss (Skins)

Did I miss anyone? ...or, in your opinion, who was left off?

The snub that bothered me was Terrance Newman. I would not trade him for anyone who plays defense in the NFL.

superpunk

Reaction score
I love how Eagles fans everywhere boo-hoo about losing some players to injury, and refuse to realize that other teams had injuries just as significant as the Eagles. "Oh, no....we lost Jerome McDougle!!!!:rolleyes: "Maybe that wasn't true before McNabb went down, but the Eagles weren't exactly lighting things up before that point anyway.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
But, since the football helmet fits ...I do feel that Dallas should have been in the playoffs and unlike the Eagles, I don't think you can justify injuries as a reason you didn't go. I'm not talking smack now; I'm talking fact. The majority of your first team was on the field and you couldn't have told me that the Cowboys weren't playoff bound in 2005!

What happened?

We came out flat down the stretch and it showed by losing in New York, and the arse wooping at Washington. The whole team was not prepared for these key division games. One can only blame coaches for this.

Personally I can't just sit back and blame the injury bug. Because I saw what a prepared team can do when they have to win. How else do we explain the win at Carolina. How we shut down and fustrated Steve Smith. Ware had 3 sacks and 3 forced fumbles, Julius ran for 190 plus yards. Sounds like they had a game plan when our backs were against the wall.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Again I will point out how overrated the Carolina Panthers are.
Again I will point out that the Pro-Bowl is a farce.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Again I will point out how overrated the Carolina Panthers are.

Wow that overrated team was one win away from the superbowl. Blanked the Giants at home and beat the Bears at home. But I guess that would make both of those teams overrated by your comparison.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
kojak_DD said:
Wow that overrated team was one win away from the superbowl. Blanked the Giants at home and beat the Bears at home. But I guess that would make both of those teams overrated by your comparison.

Which Panthers players excluding Steve Smith would you want on your team with their current offensive and defensive schemes and why ?

The list will be short. They are coached very well. They have a ton of heart. Dont get me wrong I think Mike Rucker is a great guy and player. Thomas Davis has nothing but potential stud written all over him. But thats about it.

Overrated and over hyped. Bears played in the weakest division in football with an amazing D, if they get that offense moving the ball they will be a very good team. Giants have Eli, he is a liability at this point. A healthy Giants D would have beat Carolina senseless.

Manster68

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Which Panthers players excluding Steve Smith would you want on your team with their current offensive and defensive schemes and why ?

The list will be short. They are coached very well. They have a ton of heart. Dont get me wrong I think Mike Rucker is a great guy and player. Thomas Davis has nothing but potential stud written all over him. But thats about it.

Overrated and over hyped. Bears played in the weakest division in football with an amazing D, if they get that offense moving the ball they will be a very good team. Giants have Eli, he is a liability at this point. A healthy Giants D would have beat Carolina senseless.

Granted, you did mention that Eli was a liability, but it wasn't the Giants D that didn't show up at the wide receiver position. Plaxico was invisible in the game that meant the most.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Manster68 said:
Granted, you did mention that Eli was a liability, but it wasn't the Giants D that didn't show up at the wide receiver position. Plaxico was invisible in the game that meant the most.

Not like the Steelers couldnt afford to keep him. They let him walk and so be it. They are in the SB without him.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
ALlen didn't deserve to go...Newman instead of him.

Had Henry kept playing like he started the year, him too.

Bledsoe, with a real LT would have done it too.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Eagles fans everywhere boo-hoo about losing some players to injury,

Sounds like a resonable thing to feel bad about:confused:

superpunk said:
...and refuse to realize that other teams had injuries just as significant as the Eagles

Most teams know when opponent team players get injured and gage what impact the injury will create. Wait ...were you being facetious:rolleyes:

"Oh, no....we lost Jerome McDougle!!!!:rolleyes:

Are you referring to the same Jerome McDougle that was not on the 2005 Eagle Roster??:confused:

"Maybe that wasn't true before McNabb went down, but the Eagles weren't exactly lighting things up before that point anyway

I could waste my time explaining that our 1st team was not on the field long enough to make a difference/impact, I could tell you about TO and the impact he had in the team's lockerroom, and I could waste further time proving you wrong by researching the Eagles 2005 game record -- pre-McNabb, and other significant 1st team player injuries ...but I won't!

You don't have your facts straight. You're so inexperienced as a fan, that you've failed to realize that you don't have to be a Cowboy's fan to have football saavy. You seem to be so unfocused on arbitrary facts and hatred for the Eagles that you haven't even realized that my thread is really saying... that not only should there have been more Dallas Cowboy fans as probowlers, but you should have made the playoffs also!

But I'm not mad at ya! I just see you as the type of fan that's trying to build up your reputation in the eyes of more senior well-respected Cowboy fans, by displaying your outward hatred for the Eagles; coulped with your utter distain for any attempt by an Eagle's fan to try and defend an obviously non-defendable year ...what a concept!

Do me a favor before you reach out to me again ...look at some of the responses from your more experienced Cowboy fans [NOTE: They are completely "on-topic"]!;)