NFL admits mistake on play

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’ve never seen anything like it and I feel like a ton of people missed it.

I didn’t see anyone on here speaking about it until I brought it up.

It was so out I’m the open and not only did he take the helmet off but he spiked it into the ground.

Absolutely unbelievable.
If I was online here at the time I definitely would've said something. Meanwhile I had people at Hooters trying to tell me the rule was changed and it was no longer a penalty because they changed the celebration rule. Schmucks.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
NFL admits mistake on play that potentially cost the Dallas Cowboys a Week 1 win over the Buccaneers
The Cowboys are feeling cheated by the NFL.

The Dallas Cowboys lost in Week 1. Nobody is out here saying that the Cowboys are anything except for 0-1, but after having over a week to digest on what happened down in Tampa Bay (while processing everything that has been happening in Dallas simultaneously) there is no denying it. The Cowboys were very much in that game and could have very easily won it.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...BTFR62O4Y57SZgKOKTRFYzlNFCIUhNSplEkMqBvodO3ok

OMG, officials made a mistake.

This is incredible, since players and coaches never make mistakes during NFL games.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
NFL admits mistake on play that potentially cost the Dallas Cowboys a Week 1 win over the Buccaneers

The Dallas Cowboys lost in Week 1. Nobody is out here saying that the Cowboys are anything except for 0-1, but after having over a week to digest on what happened down in Tampa Bay (while processing everything that has been happening in Dallas simultaneously) there is no denying it. The Cowboys were very much in that game and could have very easily won it.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...BTFR62O4Y57SZgKOKTRFYzlNFCIUhNSplEkMqBvodO3ok

#Bucs LB Lavonte David was fined $12,875 for unsportsmanlike conduct, taking off his helmet and slamming it after a near-interception in the opener against the #Cowboys. No flag was thrown.​

The refs were the ones who should have been fined. Then fired.

No Accountability League.

1:08 PM · Sep 18, 2021·TweetDeck

ESisback

Reaction score
I’ve never seen anything like it and I feel like a ton of people missed it.

I didn’t see anyone on here speaking about it until I brought it up.

It was so out I’m the open and not only did he take the helmet off but he spiked it into the ground.

Absolutely unbelievable.

But we’re whining conspiracy nuts if we bring it up!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

This is incredible, since players and coaches never make mistakes during NFL games.
They do. The interesting thing about this admission is the side that always blame the officials are finally right and the side that always defend the officials are wrong. And neither of them will admit it.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I doubt it had an affect on the outcome. But it was a clear and obvious penalty. You have every official looking at it and not one threw the flag. That begs the question why? Doesn’t it? How could every since official on the field not know that rule? I don’t like the rule personally but it is a rule just like the rule about talking to a player in the huddle then they leave the field of play is evidently a rule too. It has only been called 1 time in the history of the league and it was against the Cowboys but it’s a rule. I just don’t get how all of them just didn’t know the rule.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Imagine if you could have one challenge per game to replay an obvious foul/no foul play. Would never happen because the NFL would never allow the officiating to be exposed for what it is. But I guarantee the refs wouldn't be looking the other way nearly as much.

Proof

Reaction score
I can see being upset with not getting the offensive pass interference on what turned out to be the game winning completion. But I'm not going to cry about not getting a gift on a play that should have been intercepted. Even the offensive pass interference may not have been called due to the defender being on the WR at the time.

seriously. this is pretty petty and not a good look at all. i’d have definitely taken it if called, but not crying over not getting a freebie from a non impactful action

JBond

Reaction score

So Dak throws an easy interception (he tossed multiple that should have been picked) that were dropped. Then the game changes because a kid got pissed off and tossed his helmet? Yes, it was a clear penalty, but the Buc player throwing his hard hat is not the reason for the loss.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

A mistake on an actual rule should NEVER happen. Mistakes on judgement calls will always happen. Imagine the ref saying you got 5 downs instead of 4.... we night have a problem.

ESisback

Reaction score
A mistake on an actual rule should NEVER happen. Mistakes on judgement calls will always happen. Imagine the ref saying you got 5 downs instead of 4.... we night have a problem.
The refs made Penn State punt on third down tonight! I saw it!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
There is NO reason an additional ref cant be in front of a monitor to overrule....not everything, but things the league is going to end up apologizing for.

No reason at all except the league maintains more control when they don't have to be accountable logically.
yeah they have their penalty experts in the booth, they should be able to contact refs and ask them to look at replays on obvious penalty's that are called,
or not called. then field ref should decide quickly.
This would add more time to the game though.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Tampa had atleast 2 calls there were very questionable but favored the boys. It happens. Happens against us 99% of the time but still.
Please bring it to my attention when another team gets a delay of game on their defensive lineman, false start on the long snapper on game winning kick, or called for an illegal huddle.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I haven't heard from any source about the intensity that McCarthy argued with the refs over those non-calls.

Was McCarthy aware enough about the non-calls and did he express his "frustration" to the referees?

His reaction to the non-call on Antonio Brown's pushing off:

“When it comes down to the tight plays in a game, if it’s ticky-tack, you’re better (letting it go).”

Yeah, you're "better". 0-1 is so much "better" than 1-0. Way to fight for the team, coach.
In 2016 in the playoff game, we got called for a couple of penalty that were brought to the attention by the Packers staff to the official pregame.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Even with the non-calls we played the reigning champs tough. Move on and focus on the next game.
This take is always baffling. Fans don't have to "move on to the next game". Discussing it will have no impact on the players whatsoever.