NFL and NFLPA joint agreement on pain management, potentially including marijuana

Haimerej

Reaction score
I think you have the wrong idea. None of this is "my fantasy", per say. A prescribed drug takes the liability off the league to a great extent. I never said it absolves employers and I actually gave example of when it doesn't but again, warning labels clearly warn against operating heavy equipment etc. while on the medication. If a heavy operator shows up to work impaired and doesn't inform his employer, that's on the operator. Believe me, this is not about what I believe to be right or wrong or good or bad. The NFL, by adopting a policy of accepting weed provides no benefit to them, that I can see.

Benefits-

They can save money by not having to enforce an arbitrary policy.

They can have higher quality of play by no longer suspending talented players who may use it.

They save face by not having to publicly punish players.

They can lower opioid use among players, potentially saving their lives

Probably more but those are off the top of my head.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It probably feels like you're talking to yourself because you're too stubborn
to look at a different viewpoint.
And for the love of God, stop saying "dime bag". We aren't talking about your local
16 year old high school dealer... smh/lol. Adults buy in greater volume, usually a half ounce to an ounce.

Look at what different? Why don't you tell us what your viewpoint is on the NFL allowing players to self medicate with weed. Then we can see if it's really and truly my view point or not.

Dime Bag. Truth is you have no idea what the league is talking about. I mean, how do you think the players are going to get weed? Do you think that the teams are just going to throw them out on the table as prescription grade and the players are just going to stick to those? That's not going to happen, be it an ounce of weed or whatever. I mean, this is what I'm talking about. Nobody cares what an "adult" buys in terms of how much weed. Don't you get it?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What legal precedent? You're just pulling things out of the air and fearmongering. People can literally sue you for whatever they want. A judge can literally tell you there's no case here and throw it out.

You're also referring to established law referencing the providers of alcohol. What law are you referencing with this, "no testing means full endorsement and responsibility for consequences," stance?

The "no testing means full endorsement and responsibility for consequences" was not my statement.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Now the story is getting better...
I need details man!

Edit: Now Terence Trent D'arby is playing. I feel... saucy.
pulls me over I crack the window slightly slide my info out the window all while talking straight ahead so he can't get a whiff of the liquor. I also was smoking a newport and chewing gum. he looked at my info asked me if I had anything to drink I said "nope" as casually and confidently as possible. He gave me my stuff back and told me license plate light was out and have a good night. My boy in the passenger seat was in disbelief. He swore we was gettin bagged

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Look to yourself. You were arguing this before I entered.

And there is a difference between accepting and not testing for. Better question: what good does it do?

Arguing what? I never argued not testing. I only discussed the NFL approving the usage of weed, nothing more.

What good does what do? You will have to be more specific. If the question is, what good does testing do, it provides cover for the league, nothing more. If the league was really interested in stopping players from using, they would do the testing entirely differently and they would actually be interested in catching those who are using.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
pulls me over I crack the window slightly slide my info out the window all while talking straight ahead so he can't get a whiff of the liquor. I also was smoking a newport and chewing gum. he looked at my info asked me if I had anything to drink I said "nope" as casually and confidently as possible. He gave me my stuff back and told me license plate light was out and have a good night. My boy in the passenger seat was in disbelief. He swore we was gettin bagged
Awesome. Beautiful. Handled like a pro.
I have one for you, but I'm not shooting it out in public.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Then why are you making statements about legal precedent and what lawyers can accomplish in court?

Because I read, I watch what's going on in life and I do have some small experience in business and how you safe guard from getting sued. I mean, if all you are going to allow in this thread is lawyers, you might as well excuse yourself as well.

You are not a Professional Football Player, why are you a member of this board? I mean, really, does that make a whole lot of sense to you?

RoboQB

Reaction score
Look at what different? Why don't you tell us what your viewpoint is on the NFL allowing players to self medicate with weed. Then we can see if it's really and truly my view point or not.

Dime Bag. Truth is you have no idea what the league is talking about. I mean, how do you think the players are going to get weed? Do you think that the teams are just going to throw them out on the table as prescription grade and the players are just going to stick to those? That's not going to happen, be it an ounce of weed or whatever. I mean, this is what I'm talking about. Nobody cares what an "adult" buys in terms of how much weed. Don't you get it?

It seems you can't keep up with your own nonsense.
Do you think NFL players (who are adults, by the way) are going to buy
dime bags on a street corner or in front of your mom's house?

Since you know zilch about the culture, a dime bag is a gram. It's called a dime bag
because, back in the day, the price was $10. Every time you mention dime bag, you
let everyone take a peak at just how igorant you are on this topic which is about
the NFL and NFLPA considering including Marijuana (a made up word) in pain management.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Arguing what? I never argued not testing. I only discussed the NFL approving the usage of weed, nothing more.

What good does what do? You will have to be more specific. If the question is, what good does testing do, it provides cover for the league, nothing more. If the league was really interested in stopping players from using, they would do the testing entirely differently and they would actually be interested in catching those who are using.

Cover from what? The league is not legally liable for what the players do on their own time and not testing would not make it so.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Cover from what? The league is not legally liable for what the players do on their own time and not testing would not make it so.
I do believe that was my general argument pages ago.

Dangit! I said I wasn't going to dive back into this pool!

I got to get outta here...