NFL.com: Garrett not ready to name Kellen Moore starting QB

Cmac

Reaction score
Obviously, they thought Cassel gave them a better chance to win.

....when I heard JG post game presser about Kellen Moore question.....I thought: JG must think he is leading the NFC East.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry says Moore has a better understanding of the offense.

Cassel: Wait...so you want me to throw accurately to the receivers?....~jotting down notes~

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Jerry says Moore has a better understanding of the offense.

Cassel: Wait...so you want me to throw accurately to the receivers?....~jotting down notes~

If that was the case...then why was Kellen sitting on the sideline the 1st 9 games after Romo's injury????

After the game.... Jerry didn't want to get into that discussion. o_O

Way to make yourself accountable Jerry. :thumbup:

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
JG is just trolling now. Here is my guess as to the conversation within the walls of Valley Ranch

JG: " I like the way Moore faught. He's a battle fighter who gives 110% but process wise he's only been learning 5 years. "

JJ: "Um we are, and we were losing a lot and your read hair makes you strong and fiery but play Moore."

JG: "Matt's not an answer but after being benched I know he's a pros pro who will fight and be like the kid who just can't open the piñata but on his 50th strike it finally opens and we are rewarded with all its candy, a win."

Now that's dang funny :lmao:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
If that was the case...then why was Kellen sitting on the sideline the 1st 9 games after Romo's injury????

After the game.... Jerry didn't want to get into that discussion. o_O

Way to make yourself accountable Jerry. :thumbup:

Ironically, JJ initially didn't want Romo in over Bledsoe either even when it was obvious he was done. Man clings to those vet QBs

Eddie

Reaction score
Jerry Jones hasn't decided who's going to start at QB next week.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Garrett not ready to name Kellen Moore starting QB

By Kevin Patra

Kellen Moore isn't a long-term answer for the Dallas Cowboys' backup quarterback quandary, but he's better than Matt Cassel.

Moore threw three picks in Saturday's loss to the New York Jets, but moved the ball better than Cassel. While Moore's physical limitations are a liability, he gets the ball out quick and spreads the wealth.........

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...tt-not-ready-to-name-kellen-moore-starting-qb

Garrett trying to play mind games with the Bills, thinking they are going to have to prepare for two QBs

LMAO

Does this idiot realize that we are officially eliminated? Who the hell cares if Buffalo knows who we are starting next week.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Where did Garrett say he won't start him?

Garrett not ready to name Kellen Moore starting QB
  • 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  • print.png

g-plus.png

fb-like.png

share-button.png
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL writer
  • Published: Dec. 20, 2015 at 09:09 a.m.

Kellen Moore isn't a long-term answer for the Dallas Cowboys' backup quarterback quandary, but he's better than Matt Cassel.

Moore threw three picks in Saturday's loss to the New York Jets, but moved the ball better than Cassel. While Moore's physical limitations are a liability, he gets the ball out quick and spreads the wealth.
Despite clear better play from Moore than Cassel, Cowboys coach Jason Garrett wouldn't commit on Saturday night to giving Moore the final two games to audition for next season.

"We'll go back, and we'll evaluate the tape, and we'll make the determinations and really throw out a roster as to who we want to play and how we want to play it," Garrett said, via ESPN.com. "Our focus is to win a ballgame, and the byproduct when you get to this time of the season with where we are, there's an opportunity to evaluate every player
Moore garnered a modicum of praise from owner Jerry Jones.

"He has a lot of poise," Jones said. "He really knows the offense, not to say that Cassel didn't, but he has been in it more than Cassel has. He does have a better understanding. It's obvious that he has the instincts, very good instincts."

So JG did not say either way lol , and I think he has to see who jerry wants to play first.
And jerry is the one saying moore understands the offense better.
Which makes him look bad for not playing moore over cassel lol.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Garrett trying to play mind games with the Bills, thinking they are going to have to prepare for two QBs

LMAO

Does this idiot realize that we are officially eliminated? Who the hell cares if Buffalo knows who we are starting next week.

Buffalo is eliminated too, but JG says they are out to win a ballgame !!
Actually he has to see who jones boys want to start.
I think they play cassel if they want to lose the last 2 games. Jerry is already talking draft picks.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If they go with Cassel over Moore then they are tanking on purpose.

yeah I would agree, they really need to play moore 1 or 2 spots in the draft wont make much difference.

I would rather evaluate players, and I doubt they win, but if they do then so be it.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For the first time in a long time I saw passes zip out of the LOS, that alone was fun to watch.....kid is likely not a long term answer, but he better than anything else we have. Jason, grow a pair and name him the starter.

foofighters

Reaction score
I'd rather have mistakes made at full speed then someone trying not to make a mistake and end up making mistakes. The body language of the offense changed when Moore went in. I say we ride Moore the next two games and see what he can really do.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
I'm sure this Patra dude wrote the same article after Romo threw 5 picks against the Giants