NFL.com: Grading The 2018 Draft

Johnny23

Reaction score
The 09 draft is when I realized that people on a website could truly draft better than our FO was drafting.
That was our fifth and final Backs and special trams draft. It is what we did every year following our super bowl wins. One other random "we are confident in what we got to make it to the playoffs" then 2009 happened. It's why I have such a hardtime trusting any one in the Jones Family.

CapnB

Reaction score
That was our fifth and final Backs and special trams draft. It is what we did every year following our super bowl wins. One other random "we are confident in what we got to make it to the playoffs" then 2009 happened. It's why I have such a hardtime trusting any one in the Jones Family.

But its McClay thing now. Everyone knows it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Extreme emphasis on WR's and CB's simply doesn't win super bowls.

kskboys

Reaction score
How was 2013 ‘bad’?

Or do you mean 2015?
Yeah, Fredbeard, and TWill has been OK for a 3rd rounder. The project TE in the 2nd messed up the draft for us, but it wasn't terrible. Not even approaching the pure idiocy of 09.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Yeah, Fredbeard, and TWill has been OK for a 3rd rounder. The project TE in the 2nd messed up the draft for us, but it wasn't terrible. Not even approaching the pure idiocy of 09.

'09 was insane. I had heard somewhere that we had a first round grade on LeSean McCoy, and he was sitting there at our second round pick. And we traded down anyway.

Looking up the details of the trade, we traded away pick #51 for #75 and #110. So yep, we gave away LeSean McCoy for a freaking extra fourth.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
'09 was insane. I had heard somewhere that we had a first round grade on LeSean McCoy, and he was sitting there at our second round pick. And we traded down anyway.

Looking up the details of the trade, we traded away pick #51 for #75 and #110. So yep, we gave away LeSean McCoy for a freaking extra fourth.

They just spent a 1st rounder the year before on Felix Jones and had just given Marion Barber a big contract so not taking McCoy was understandable. The real issue was that Felix didn't pan out.

But you're right, 2009 was terrible.