NFL.com Kirwan: Mock Draft #3... S Michael Griffin #22

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
I agree. I don't want anything to do with any player from Texas' 111th ranked pass defense!:eek:

joseephuss

Reaction score
DanTanna;1427489 said:
I agree. I don't want anything to do with any player from Texas' 111th ranked pass defense!:eek:

Griffin is a strong safety, so does not fit the need. He and the FS(his brother) for UT were big reasons why they were ranked 111th in pass defense. They were not good in coverage.

If Dallas were to trade Roy Williams or move him to FS to create an opening at SS, it would still be a big step down. Griffin does not cover as well as Roy. Some say Roy can't cover at all,(which I don't agree with) but Griffin is worse. Griffin also is worse at run support, tackling and creating big plays. I just don't agree with this mock. Griffin is over rated if teams are looking at him in the 1st or 2nd round.

superpunk

Reaction score
I think Griffin's the kind of player that everyone (for some inexplicable reason) is thinking will go first round, but could slip to the middle rounds, like Darnell Bing and some fat guard from last year and Gabe Watson.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1427218 said:
Then you might as well just grab Yamon Figurs in the 6th if your looking for speed. Head to head he would blow the doors off Ginn any day and is a under rated WR. When 40 times define a players success in the NFL sign me up for Ginn, if your looking for a real WR keep looking.

I seem to remember Ginn getting open deep a couple times before the combine..

baj1dallas

Reaction score
joseephuss;1427677 said:
Griffin is a strong safety, so does not fit the need. He and the FS(his brother) for UT were big reasons why they were ranked 111th in pass defense. They were not good in coverage.

If Dallas were to trade Roy Williams or move him to FS to create an opening at SS, it would still be a big step down. Griffin does not cover as well as Roy. Some say Roy can't cover at all,(which I don't agree with) but Griffin is worse. Griffin also is worse at run support, tackling and creating big plays. I just don't agree with this mock. Griffin is over rated if teams are looking at him in the 1st or 2nd round.

I could see Griffin in the second but I agree that he is overrated. I don't see what he ever did at Texas to be talked about in the first round. What did he actually ever do?

superpunk

Reaction score
baj1dallas;1427693 said:
I could see Griffin in the second but I agree that he is overrated. I don't see what he ever did at Texas to be talked about in the first round. What did he actually ever do?

Didn't he play come corner, too?

Maybe they're thinking his versatility is valuable. But, versatility is overrated if you can't do any one thing all that well.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nooo.jpg

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1427218 said:
Then you might as well just grab Yamon Figurs in the 6th if your looking for speed. Head to head he would blow the doors off Ginn any day and is a under rated WR. When 40 times define a players success in the NFL sign me up for Ginn, if your looking for a real WR keep looking.
Why not take Ginn and Figurs? :)

DeepBleu

Reaction score
if adrian peterson falls all the way to no.12, then we should trade up to no.11 or no.10 to grab him before buffalo does.

Tristan

Reaction score
There are only three safeties worth our first rounder IMO....

Landry LSU
Nelson FL
Merriweather MIAMI

Why reach for a mediocre player?, I feel there are a few playmakers who could be special at a few positions of need, Ideally you take the special player that falls to you at one of the positions IMO. The guys I like are....

The above referenced three at safety

CB Hall Mich.
WR Jarrett USC/ Ginn OSU
RB Peterson OU/Lynch Cal
OL Levi Brown PSU
DE/OLB Jarvis Moss FLA
DT Branch MICH/ Omobi (sp) Louisville

If one of these guys falls, or gets real close, I say get em.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Tristan;1427887 said:
There are only three safeties worth our first rounder IMO....

Landry LSU
Nelson FL
Merriweather MIAMI

Why reach for a mediocre player?, I feel there are a few playmakers who could be special at a few positions of need, Ideally you take the special player that falls to you at one of the positions IMO. The guys I like are....

The above referenced three at safety

CB Hall Mich.
WR Jarrett USC/ Ginn OSU
RB Peterson OU/Lynch Cal
OL Levi Brown PSU
DE/OLB Jarvis Moss FLA
DT Branch MICH/ Omobi (sp) Louisville

If one of these guys falls, or gets real close, I say get em.

I don't agree with you on Merriweather. I don't think he's worth a 1st round pick and I would be more pissed if we took him then I would be if we took Griffin. However, I do agree with you on the slide. If a player doesn't slide to us, then I really think we should try to trade down in the draft. There are a lot of very good players in this draft at the positions we need. The difference between the guy who falls to the second or third and the guy who you can take at the bottom of the first is not great. JMO.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
JPM;1427066 said:
This mock is all wrong. They don't have us trading up for Adrian Peterson.:p:

Forget that we are moving all the way up to #2 and grab CJ from Ga. Tech :eek:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
DeepBleu;1427851 said:
if adrian peterson falls all the way to no.12, then we should trade up to no.11 or no.10 to grab him before buffalo does.

And what do you think we have to give up to move up to 11?

alancdc

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1426992 said:
But if it's Ginn we will just have wasted another 1st round pick.

Oh Lord. Here comes another 15 pager on Ohio State players vs the World. Thanks!

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Michael Griffin S Griffin (201 pounds) ran the 40 in 4.40 seconds, had a 39½-inch vertical jump and stood on everything else he did at the Combine.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
The one thing i hate about mocks, is there's never any trades. :\

I really do think we're gonna trade down, this is not a strong draft clas after the top 10, and we might end up taking someone who could be easily had in the second round, and just really waste a pick. We dont really have a need position, and unless theres a cant miss prospect that has slide down the board, i really think we trade

And anyone who takes IMO is asking for failure. Ginn is overrated in my book, just like the midget QB.