NFL.com picks Pro Bowlers *Merge*

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
This isn't BSPNs writers and what not, its NFL.com's. They don't work for BSPN.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
BigDFan5;2498726 said:
I see 4 votes for Leonard Davis

Only one vote for Gurode

your both right.It's NFL.com, and Davis and gurode are switched.

Sorry mods :( I was rushing.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
If the Pro Bowl encompassed just the last seven or so weeks, Bradie James has to be a top 3 inside linebacker in all of football. He had a sub-standard start to the season, though, and I don't think has had enough time to drum up the Pro Bowl support. He's quickly becoming deserving, though.

It's a shame Ratliff's monster year will probably get overlooked, but that's life.

It'll be interesting if, as expected, both Romo and T.O. miss the Pro Bowl. Romo's three-game absence during the heart of the season really killed his individual statistic momentum in terms of getting notice publicly. It also killed T.O.'s production in a sense.

I still think it's a shame Brees will probably get in. I like him, but there's several QBs I'd put in over him. Also, Eli's Pro Bowl resume has quickly gone down the toilet. His TD/INT ratio since Thanksgiving: 2/3. Plus, his team is no longer all that vaunted. It'll be interesting to see if coaches/players buy into his worthiness. Despite leading a great team, it took Brady posting monster numbers to become a regular Pro Bowl guy.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
What no # 38 Roy Williams at SS like every year regardless of how much he reaks? Injured or not, tradition is tradition. The fans will put him in even though he's been injured. When Tony Romo and T.O don't get in you know it's a Superbowl year. Mark my words, LOL!

The Panch

Reaction score
Flozell shouldnt be in the Pro Bowl. I dont care how good you are. When you lead the entire National Football League in drawing yellow flags, you negate nearly all the good things you do.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
The Panch;2498850 said:
Flozell shouldnt be in the Pro Bowl. I dont care how good you are. When you lead the entire National Football League in drawing yellow flags, you negate nearly all the good things you do.

Yup, and the beauty of it all is a guy like Nick Folk doesn't even get sneezed at I bet.

The Panch

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2498852 said:
Yup, and the beauty of it all is a guy like Nick Folk doesn't even get sneezed at I bet.
Im actually surprised at no Folk love. Then again, that Buffalo game pretty much guaranteed his spot in last year and he hasnt had any of those moments this season.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
The Panch;2498857 said:
Im actually surprised at no Folk love. Then again, that Buffalo game pretty much guaranteed his spot in last year and he hasnt had any of those moments this season.

He's only missed 2 all year and has a few in the 50 range. His accuracy is 89.5% this year. His problem is he only has 19 attempts but I couldn't think of who I'd take over him. He makes some real long game winning kicks. Robbie Gould's is at about 88.8% which is insane also but his longest is 48. He does have 7 more attempts however. I'm just surprised Folks name doesn't come up. If he doesn't make it that's ok but his name should come up.

grp05

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2498863 said:
He's only missed 2 all year and has a few in the 50 range. His accuracy is 89.5% this year. His problem is he only has 19 attempts but I couldn't think of who I'd take over him. He makes some real long game winning kicks. Robbie Gould's is at about 88.8% which is insane also but his longest is 48. He does have 7 more attempts however. I'm just surprised Folks name doesn't come up. If he doesn't make it that's ok but his name should come up.

He plays for Dallas - end of story. So-called experts are scared to put our players in the Pro Bowl based on last year's controversy (we arguably had too many players and flopped in the playoffs). Plus, ESPN analysts get hard every time someone puts down the Cowboys.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Romo for probowl ? Charles Woodson gets voted....are you serious what bull this is NFL.com.

I don't see how Eli can get the nod before Romo. Actually I don't see how anyone can get the nod before Romo.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
RainMan;2498811 said:
If the Pro Bowl encompassed just the last seven or so weeks, Bradie James has to be a top 3 inside linebacker in all of football. He had a sub-standard start to the season, though, and I don't think has had enough time to drum up the Pro Bowl support. He's quickly becoming deserving, though.

It's a shame Ratliff's monster year will probably get overlooked, but that's life.

It'll be interesting if, as expected, both Romo and T.O. miss the Pro Bowl. Romo's three-game absence during the heart of the season really killed his individual statistic momentum in terms of getting notice publicly. It also killed T.O.'s production in a sense.

I still think it's a shame Brees will probably get in. I like him, but there's several QBs I'd put in over him. Also, Eli's Pro Bowl resume has quickly gone down the toilet. His TD/INT ratio since Thanksgiving: 2/3. Plus, his team is no longer all that vaunted. It'll be interesting to see if coaches/players buy into his worthiness. Despite leading a great team, it took Brady posting monster numbers to become a regular Pro Bowl guy.

Kurt Warner and Drew Brees will represent the NFC. My guess is Peyton Manning and either Brett Favre or Kerry Collins from the AFC.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The Panch;2498850 said:

I agree that *maybe* he should be in it this year, but not because of his flags. In that respect Adams is an anomaly. Being partially deaf in the right ear (the one closest to the QB) gives him some leeway. Even if you hold that against him, the man shutdown the best players in the league and that you cannot deny.

Riddle me this, would you rather give up (1) five yard false start or (1) 5-7 yard sack a game? I will take the false start because my QB doesn't get hammered in the process. Would you rather give up (1) false start or (3) sacks to say the Eagles Trent Cole? False start you say? I agree. Flozell shutdown Cole without even a tackle in a game. Cole isn't the only great pass rusher that he has stifled time and time again.

Adams is a Pro Bowler even with the false starts. Just maybe not this year due to all those games he was playing with the stinger in his arm and pretty much sucked.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
casmith07;2499028 said:
Kurt Warner and Drew Brees will represent the NFC. My guess is Peyton Manning and either Brett Favre or Kerry Collins from the AFC.
I believe they take 3 QBs.

I'd guess Romo probably makes it.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
I don't care if any of our players make it.

100% of players not playing in the pro bowl don't get hurt in the pro bowl.