NFL Combine Thread

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Stetson Bennett is just a winner. Too small and too old but he is dominating these workouts

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
QB2 40s
Richardson 4.44
Thompson-Robinson 4.57....4.56 2nd attempt
Tune 4.66.....4.64 2nd attempt

WR2 40s
Jenkins 4.60
Jones 4.44
Landers 4.39......4.37 2nd attempt
Mims Jr. 4.38
Mingo 4.46
Ngata 4.54
Palmer 4.33
Perry 4.47
Reed 4.45
Rice 4.51
Scott 4.51......4.44 2nd attempt
Shorter 4.56
Tillman 4.55
Tinsley 4.60
Tucker 4.41
Wayne 4.51
Wicks 4.62
Wilson 4.59

Last edited:

cnuball21

Reaction score
You would expect him to because his quickness, change of direction, and route running is a big part of why he was so successful.
High 4.4s is fine for me for Addison. He’s plenty fast, but like you said he wins with quickness and + route running.

Still an awesome option at 26.

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
I am alone on an island but I would pick him in the first. That is the only way we get him.
You’re not alone, man. I would take him as well at #26 but I’ve resigned myself to the fact that they’re not going to draft a TE until probably 4th round or later. Hope I’m pleasantly surprised.

tm1119

Reaction score
I know measurables aren’t everything…but not many of these WR’s check all boxes of size, speed and production

cnuball21

Reaction score
I know measurables aren’t everything…but not many of these WR’s check all boxes of size, speed and production
We just need a stud #2…if we were looking for an alpha #1 I’d agree.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I think the pecking order has not changed for the WR’s at the top. I think Mingo helped himself and Adam Thielen was on NFL network saying how impressed he was with Downs In the drills.

timb2

Reaction score
Johnathan Mingo & Darnell Washington have Catcher's Mitts for hands 10 3/8(Mingo) & 11( Washington)

RS12

Reaction score
Watching the QB drills. Stroud a nice thrower accurate and ball placement. Richardson has a lot of god given ability. It will be the mental part of the game that will make or.break him. DTR has accuracy issues. Tune looks like a backup at best. McKee looks to have a future in the league.

WhizKid

Reaction score
Watching the QB drills. Stroud a nice thrower accurate and ball placement. Richardson has a lot of god given ability. It will be the mental part of the game that will make or.break him. DTR has accuracy issues. Tune looks like a backup at best.
That's too bad, was def rooting for him.

I have not watched the QB workouts. DTR with accuracy issues is interesting. He I think had a near 70% completion percentage and was actually really good with ball placement in 2022. I would say that on tape, the deep routes were troublesome for him at times. I really liked his tape because it didn't seem like he was throwing 60 yds down the field to consistently wide open WRs.

RS12

Reaction score
That's too bad, was def rooting for him.

I have not watched the QB workouts. DTR with accuracy issues is interesting. He I think had a near 70% completion percentage and was actually really good with ball placement in 2022. I would say that on tape, the deep routes were troublesome for him at times. I really liked his tape because it didn't seem like he was throwing 60 yds down the field to consistently wide open WRs.
UCLA has very high academic standards so I am sure he is smart enough. He made a lot of plays with his legs. There are things to like about him. He could probably be a backup or possibly a gadget QB. Or maybe he just needs a good QB coach.

tm1119

Reaction score
We just need a stud #2…if we were looking for an alpha #1 I’d agree.
I guess it depends on what your definition of “stud #2” is. If you mean “better than Gallup”…sure. But when I think of a stud #2 NFL WR I’m thinking of Tee Higgins, Jaylon Waddle, Devonta Smith, Brandon Aiyuk…I’m not sure I’d put any of these WR’s in that category

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
That Illinois D was stout. Gave Michigan every thing they could handle. They have a DT that looks top 10 next year.
That secondary was ridiculous. Witherspoon is one of the best prospects that I’ve seen in years, Brown is a very solid player who is smart, instinctive and tough.

And I really like Jartavious Martin a ton. He is a really good player.

How the heck did Illinois get a group like that?

tm1119

Reaction score
That secondary was ridiculous. Witherspoon is one of the best prospects that I’ve seen in years, Brown is a very solid player who is smart, instinctive and tough.

And I really like Jartavious Martin a ton. He is a really good player.

How the heck did Illinois get a group like that?
I imagine it made a lot of sense for talented defensive prospects to want to be recruited and developed by Lovie Smith. Just never worked out for Lovie in terms of producing wins.