NFL Combine Thread

Mr_437

Reaction score
giphy.gif
:muttley:

rambo2

Reaction score
Mayer at 4:72 is actually better than I expected, but still not 1st round material for me.

Give me one of these mid rounders that ran around 4.6 and let’s ride.
Mayer and Washington have a good shot at going in the 1st round. 6 tight ends should go in the top 80.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Gronkowski is going to be the ubiquitous comp for Washington now. But who else can body up a DE on a run play and then run a 4.6 speed seam route on the next?

It's late and I'm not firing on all cylinders, but I don't think there even is a 2-way dominator at TE in the league today. Washington is raw as a pass catcher, but his physical skill set is one of a kind.

stinkface

Reaction score

Far as I know he didn't lift. While he is a monster in many ways, he may have no strength. Still have to believe he will be one hard guy to cover in the NFL and creat massive matchup problems. No idea where he is projected, but he moved up in the draft today.

stinkface

Reaction score
Washington at 4.65 is no freaking joke. Much warmer on him now as he looked like a 4.8 guy on tape.
Very Gronk like in many ways. A bit bigger and a bit faster. Certainly as strong as Gronk. If he was the next verison of Gronk you would draft him at 26 no doubt if he is still on the board.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am surprised Mayer didnt even crack 250lbs,he might be the 3rd TE taken imo.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The heart of the NFL combine begins tomorrow with the DL and LB measurements and drills. Who are you most excited to see?

I’m gonna keep my eye on Keeanu Benton, Moro Ojomo, Isaiah McGuire, Dylan Horton, and Demarvion Overshown as 2nd-4th round targets.
I can't call it on Overshown..but he is interesting. I also like Benton but haven't had time to even look at anything combine related.

Looking forward to reading thoughts in this thread.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Nolan Smith and Will McDonald will be fun. I want to see them turn on the juice.

Keeanu Benton will be interesting for me, cause I love his tape, and I want to see if Mazi Smith puts on a freak show.

For LBs... let's go, Drew Sanders, baby.
No love for Jack Campbell?

I don't get it..

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Nolan Smith with the best vertical for an edge since 2015.

Remains once of my favorite targets at 26.

Von Miller:

6'3" 246
4.42 40 time
37" vert
10' 6" broad
6.70 3 cone

Nolan Smith:

6'2" 238
4.44 40 time
41" vert
10' 8" broad
??? 3 cone

We are legitimately looking at a Von Miller caliber speed rusher here.
Yep, Smith's tape also looks pretty good.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I can't call it on Overshown..but he is interesting. I also like Benton but haven't had time to even look at anything combine related.

Looking forward to reading thoughts in this thread.
He looks like a stud in coverage and as a blitzer but not good against the run.

Not sure of the fit.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Sub 4.5 40s for Perry and Mingo are grand slams. Those dudes just made a lot of money as 2 of the very few bigger bodied WRs in the class.

Those 2 guys and Hutchinson are a few of my favorite big WR options. Probably 3rd round targets.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
My draft mandate for the Cowboys is they have to get a tight end and cornerback in this draft. Both positions are deep with quality. I think you have to draft these guys with your first two picks.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Mayer at 4:72 is actually better than I expected, but still not 1st round material for me.

Give me one of these mid rounders that ran around 4.6 and let’s ride.
40 times is less and less important to the teams anymore. Other factors are much more important.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I am surprised Mayer didnt even crack 250lbs,he might be the 3rd TE taken imo.
Plays faster than his forty time and blocks better than his weight would indicate. That is why tape is so much more important to the competent GMs and scouts