NFL Combine Thread

baltcowboy

Reaction score
What do you draft guys think of Bresee DT Clemson. I heard Broaddus ripping him on the draft show but supposedly he did well at the combine. I think he is more of 3/4 end then a 1 tech but he was a top 10 pick coming into the season. He also lost his teenaged sister to cancer. I wonder what the Cowboys think of him.

cnuball21

Reaction score
What do you draft guys think of Bresee DT Clemson. I heard Broaddus ripping him on the draft show but supposedly he did well at the combine. I think he is more of 3/4 end then a 1 tech but he was a top 10 pick coming into the season. He also lost his teenaged sister to cancer. I wonder what the Cowboys think of him.
Traits are there for him to be a stud but was injured and like you said had a big loss this year.

I think his best football is ahead of him but I didn’t see a 1st rounder based off what I watched.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Performance has not matched the talent. He does check a lot of boxes but I personally wouldn’t consider him in round 1 with our pick.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a 1tech at 298 pounds...

Significant risk to draft him top 20 but becomes the BPA at some point between 20 and 40.

tm1119

Reaction score
Nope. He did both at UGA.
He played WIL LB in Georgia’s 3-4 defense? No, no he did not. He would occasionally drop back to cover the flat zone, but he was not covering TE’s or RB’s consistently at all. Nor was he playing off ball Lb and stepping up to stuff running lanes. Maybe he can do those things, but you don’t draft a guy in the 1st to play him at new position. He’s a 3-4 OLB, and most likely a very good 1.

cnuball21

Reaction score
He played WIL LB in Georgia’s 3-4 defense? No, no he did not. He would occasionally drop back to cover the flat zone, but he was not covering TE’s or RB’s consistently at all. Nor was he playing off ball Lb and stepping up to stuff running lanes. Maybe he can do those things, but you don’t draft a guy in the 1st to play him at new position. He’s a 3-4 OLB, and most likely a very good 1.
No. He played everywhere.

And if he’s playing WILL he’s going to very rarely ever be asked to carry a TE in zone across the middle. That’s LVEs job if we bring him back or Kearse as a nicke LBr.

In his last full season in coverage he had a 68 QB rating when targeted which is plenty good enough for me.

tm1119

Reaction score
Boy, these CB’s are skinny. Witherspoon at 181, Cam Smithat 180 and Forbes at 166(!) . I’m sure there has to be some examples, but I’m having trouble thinking of many high level outside CB’s that weigh under 185.
Edit- add Phillips at 5’9 184 and Turner at 5’11 178.

tm1119

Reaction score

2 guys I’d bet money on that Quinn is very interested in. Will be interesting to see how they run

Didn’t realize the tweets would look like that…Brents and Rush

Last edited:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Yeah, I used the same source. I’m asking how you’re determining the percentage of snaps played? I don’t see the total number of defensive snaps for 2022, which is how you’d determine the percentage.

I estimated the season snap count at about 800. Several Dawg defenders are near that number, and they are at positions like CB that usually don't rotate.