Nfl Draft 2006 Profiles

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Kai Parham 6'3 (247) 4.58 unofficial

2005: 103 tackles, 14.5 TFL, 8.5 sacks, 2 QB hurries, 2 FF
2004: 80 tackles, 11 TFL, 1.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles

Kai Parham is the least publicized star of the recent Virginia linebacking corps but he brings it just as much as guys like Ahmad Brooks and Daryl Blackstock did. Parham really stepped up this year with Brooks battling injuries and showed why many draft experts were putting him with the likes of Brooks and Blackstock. Parham has been described as a hammer for the way he hits and finishes off plays. Parham has very good size for an outside backer with speed to boot but his most likely pro position will be on the inside. Takes advantage of how offenses usually add extra blockers to the rest of the linebackers to make some plays and help his team out. Decided to bypass his last year of eligibility and enter the draft early after increasing his statistics in just about every single category. Watch his stock very closely for the 2006 NFL Draft.

Invited to the combine

I didn't realize he was a sack machine. He's starting to look interesting to me now.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
TCU WR Corey Rodgers please
Corey Rogers 6'1 (195)

2005: 52 catches for 685 yards with 5 TD's. Rushed 11 times for 41 yards with 5 TD's. Also returned 19 punts for an average of 15.3 yards, and 17 kickoffs for an average of 30.3 yards with 2 TD's.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cory is a pure playmaker. He catches balls for TD's, runs for them, and also returns them. He finished with a total of 12 TD's in all. Cory was one of the best return men in the country returning two for TD's, including a flashy 100 yard return. He is just a sick athlete, with the ability to take it to the house each and every time he touches the ball. In hgh school, Cory was a duel threat quarterback playing for Hightower High in Houston Texas. Cory is not the tallest guy, measuring in at only 6-1, however with the return skills and speed he possesses, he is thought to be one of the best wide receivers in this years draft, talent wise. Cory needs to polish his game a bit more, and add on a few more pounds, but the talent and explosiveness is obviously there. I expect to hear Cory's name called in the 4th to 5th round of the 2006 NFL Draft.[/FONT]

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
Kai Parham 6'3 (247) 4.58 unofficial

2005: 103 tackles, 14.5 TFL, 8.5 sacks, 2 QB hurries, 2 FF
2004: 80 tackles, 11 TFL, 1.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles

Kai Parham is the least publicized star of the recent Virginia linebacking corps but he brings it just as much as guys like Ahmad Brooks and Daryl Blackstock did. Parham really stepped up this year with Brooks battling injuries and showed why many draft experts were putting him with the likes of Brooks and Blackstock. Parham has been described as a hammer for the way he hits and finishes off plays. Parham has very good size for an outside backer with speed to boot but his most likely pro position will be on the inside. Takes advantage of how offenses usually add extra blockers to the rest of the linebackers to make some plays and help his team out. Decided to bypass his last year of eligibility and enter the draft early after increasing his statistics in just about every single category. Watch his stock very closely for the 2006 NFL Draft.

Invited to the combine

I didn't realize he was a sack machine. He's starting to look interesting to me now.

Thanks man... you go ahead and show the profiles now... :bow:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
Thanks man... you go ahead and show the profiles now... :bow:
My man seems to have disappeared, so I'll just take what I have. I've joined this one draft site, but they don't have all the information in yet, but just give a few weeks. But they do have reports on FA. Like me, I don't know what some of these players can do in FA, and this site really helps that.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Max Jean-Gilles
G, Georgia
6'4 358
War Room analysis
Run blocking: Is massive. Takes solid angles to defenders, and displays initial power. Consistently gets into position. Plays with good balance and body control in the open field. Has trouble consistently reaching linebackers and safeties on the second level. Must improve his speed. Grade: 8.3.

Pass blocking: Possesses a large wingspan, and uses hands well. Sets up quickly. Mirrors and slides well with pass rushers. Bends knees well, and shows nice lateral quickness. Lacks elite athleticism. Needs to sharpen technique. Grade: 8.0.

Initial quickness: Displays good initial quickness for his size, and shows good footwork. Gets good leverage after the snap. Grade: 7.8.

Strength: When fresh, plays with good strength and leverage. Shows improved strength. Is tough to overpower. Holds his ground against bull rushers. Grade: 7.9.

Mobility: Struggles to reach linebackers and safeties on second level. Conditioning and stamina are of concern; weight tends to fluctuate. Can be late on pulls and traps. Shows just decent speed. Grade: 7.6.

Bottom line: Jean-Gilles possesses the outstanding physical tools to dominate defenders, but his fluctuating weight is a concern. He has an early-Round 2 grade but could sneak into the first round for a power-running team.

Other draft site information.

Max Jean-Gilles is a versatile lineman who could be used at either guard or tackle in the NFL. He has experience at both positions at Georgia, but was moved to guard in order to give the interior line some more power and allow them to run between the tackles with better efficiency. He even started the 2002 SEC Championship game at the tight end position as an extra blocker. Jean-Gilles thought long and hard about entering the 2005 NFL Draft before making the decision to return for his senior campaign.

Jean-Gilles is an enormous player at 6-4 and 340 pounds. Despite his bulk, he moves surprisingly well. He is a monster as a run blocker, locking onto a defensive tackle or end and driving him straight downfield. Jean-Gilles has tremendous strength, but also understands how to use leverage and angles to defeat his opponent. He has enormous hands (10.1") and also uses them well in blocking. Jean-Gilles will need to improve his pass-blocking, primarily if an NFL team wants him to return to the tackle position. He has extremely long arms (36"), but does not have the quickness to deal with the smaller speed rushers who line up wide.

Jean-Gilles is the unquestioned leader of a talented Bulldog line. He is the best OG prospect in the draft and I would not be surprised to see him selected late in the first round of the 2006 NFL Draft. I would like to see him get his weight down some though. He weighed in at 350+ at the Senior Bowl and needs to drop 20 pounds or more by the time the Combine/Pro Days roll around

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I also like this guy. If we miss out on Carpenter then we could use our first on Watson and grab Parham in the second.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
austintodallas said:
I also like this guy. If we miss out on Carpenter then we could use our first on Watson and grab Parham in the second.
We could play Parham at ILB, and pick up Watson and still snag a Tweener later on in the draft. (Jeremy Mincey) in the 4th or 5th if we pick up a 4 somehow.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
We could play Parham at ILB, and pick up Watson and still snag a Tweener later on in the draft. (Jeremy Mincey) in the 4th or 5th if we pick up a 4 somehow.
Bradie James and Carpenter/Parham would be formidable in the middle. Not to mention if we're getting a nice push up the gut from Fergi or Big Gabe.

No running up the middle for you!!!

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Thanks for the Parham profile guys,been very interested in him for a while now. Think his stock will climb after the combine, but as of now, most of the mocks don't have him going in the early rounds.
Does anyone know if he plays mean like Carpenter ? Thats what we need in the middle. 2nd round I'd be all over this guy...