Recommended *** NFL Draft 2021 Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

fivetwos

Reaction score
just reading things here and there, his comp is Honey badger and might be underrated in the draft for sure..but that just tid bits i read earlier this year..have they had their Pro Day yet?
Not sure. Wouldn't change anything for me.

IMO the drop from him to the second best safety (Grant) is big, and the drop from Grant thereafter is even larger.

Best us fans can see is YouTube stuff, but check him out and tell me if you wouldnt want that guy covering certerfield for your team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Neither Surtain or Pitts are falling to us. Just so you know and don't get your hopes up.
Very possible. Pitts is wishful thinking. In order for him to fall it would be 3 teams passing up a guy scouts have billed as a "generational talent". And Surtain is a corner in a pass happy league. He just looks like a Denver Bronco to me.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’d say 99% chance that won’t happen. 4-5 QBs will go, Waddle, Smith and Chase two of them go. Sewell will go. That’s 7-8 locks there
Yeah either a wide receiver falls to them or a tackle. I'd trade down at that point. Or I'd try to anyway.

Carson

Reaction score
Largest wingspan of any WR or TE in the last 20 years. No way do I pass on him if he's there at 10.

There are lots of CBs and LBs in the draft.
That’s my thinking. We’ve done enough in free agency to make this move. We can always sign Casey Hayward after the draft if need be

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I've done about eight user first round mock drafts so far held real-time with other people from my work who are draft aficionados (something we like to do while on pointless meetings together :). Here's some observations:

- Surtain has been the Cowboys pick in six of those; the other two times, he was sniped by Denver
- Pitts never fell past Miami
- QB's went 1/2/3 every time and sometimes 4 with Lance sneaking in
- Sewell was all over the map anywhere from 5-10; really depended on how many WR's snuck into the top ten
- Most volatile players were Parsons/Waddle as they were sometimes in, sometimes not

I think there's <1% chance that Pitts will be at 10; I don't think he's getting past 5. I think it's highly likely that Surtain/Parsons will be available and Farley/Horn would be backup choices.

Bizwah

Reaction score
that my thoughts but Farley's back situation was overblown dont you think, dont he just perform very wel at the pro day ran great 40? i mean after back surgery so recently..hmm..wasn't Parson LB on our radar if Surtain is gone or what If its Surtain vs parsons at 10 whos your pick?

better yet whos the DC picking in the same scenario? we do NEED both both are acceptable at 10..so??
He didn't run at his pro day.

There was a video of him running a very fast forty time, but it was from early in March....before he tweaked his back again.

Or at least, that's what I gathered from reading the tweet.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He didn't run at his pro day.

There was a video of him running a very fast forty time, but it was from early in March....before he tweaked his back again.

Or at least, that's what I gathered from reading the tweet.
My bad i guess BR popped this up the other day and thought it was his pro day but still impressive none the less..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
On a somewhat unrelated note....I was looking at past drafts and this write up was about Taco:

But was he the best fit? Was getting him and waiting until No. 60 for a cornerback the right answer? Dallas didn’t think a DE they liked would make it to No. 60, but Tarell Basham and Derek Rivers lasted until the 80s.

So Basham was in the same draft as Taco...didn't know that.....wonder did they like Basham then?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If you want to discuss specific topics of the upcoming NFL draft, consider posting in the Draft Zone forum!
https://cowboyszone.com/forums/draft-zone.40/

That said, if you want to talk about the draft in general or are not worried that your comments may get lost among many different conversations, you can use this thread.
I am confused. I am used to Zones. Does this mean that Zones are no longer the norm?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am confused. I am used to Zones. Does this mean that Zones are no longer the norm?
No, I think you're reading too much in this thread.

I just made an all-purpose thread for those who prefer to stay in the Fan Zone just like there was an all-purpose Free Agency thread for a few weeks.

That said, we are about to allow draft threads in the Fan Zone now that we are within the 30 day window of the draft, but the staff (not me) is still deciding what to and not to allow.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I've done about eight user first round mock drafts so far held real-time with other people from my work who are draft aficionados (something we like to do while on pointless meetings together :). Here's some observations:

- Surtain has been the Cowboys pick in six of those; the other two times, he was sniped by Denver
- Pitts never fell past Miami
- QB's went 1/2/3 every time and sometimes 4 with Lance sneaking in
- Sewell was all over the map anywhere from 5-10; really depended on how many WR's snuck into the top ten
- Most volatile players were Parsons/Waddle as they were sometimes in, sometimes not

I think there's <1% chance that Pitts will be at 10; I don't think he's getting past 5. I think it's highly likely that Surtain/Parsons will be available and Farley/Horn would be backup choices.
I've done several myself today and I got Pitts a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.