Recommended *** NFL Draft 2021 Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
I've done about eight user first round mock drafts so far held real-time with other people from my work who are draft aficionados (something we like to do while on pointless meetings together :). Here's some observations:

- Surtain has been the Cowboys pick in six of those; the other two times, he was sniped by Denver
- Pitts never fell past Miami
- QB's went 1/2/3 every time and sometimes 4 with Lance sneaking in
- Sewell was all over the map anywhere from 5-10; really depended on how many WR's snuck into the top ten
- Most volatile players were Parsons/Waddle as they were sometimes in, sometimes not

I think there's <1% chance that Pitts will be at 10; I don't think he's getting past 5. I think it's highly likely that Surtain/Parsons will be available and Farley/Horn would be backup choices.

Agree. Only thing is no way we take Farley @ 10 IMO. Not with the injury

reddyuta

Reaction score
This is my mini board for guys i think who may be there at 10

1)Pitts( i can dream right)
2)Slater
3)sewell
4)Surtain

I would trade down after this ,none are worth a top 10 pick for us.

Carson

Reaction score

2)Slater
3)sewell
4)Surtain

I’d throw in Horn. Team seems much higher on Horn than Surtain sadly

Carson

Reaction score
probably true,Surtain is day 1 ready and a much safer pick and he tested so well too.
Oh no doubt. Surtain checks all of the boxes. My thing is, Quinn may prefer a quicker, more physical Horn to play his deep third of the field

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very possible. Pitts is wishful thinking. In order for him to fall it would be 3 teams passing up a guy scouts have billed as a "generational talent". And Surtain is a corner in a pass happy league. He just looks like a Denver Bronco to me.
But, I've been hearing possibly five QB's taken, plus one OT, plus at least one, maybe two WR's taken in top ten. That leaves one pick before the Cowboys and Pitts or Surtain could fall to the Cowboys. I realize this is all speculation, but so is everything else in this thread.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But, I've been hearing possibly five QB's taken, plus one OT, plus at least one, maybe two WR's taken in top ten. That leaves one pick before the Cowboys and Pitts or Surtain could fall to the Cowboys. I realize this is all speculation, but so is everything else in this thread.
Its tough because if I'm a team that needs a wide receiver I don't understand how you pass up Pitts for any of these wide receivers. And yes, I know he's a tight end but he can literally play any position he wants.

I will be shocked if the Falcons don't take Pitts.

75boyz

Reaction score
Give me Sewell or Slater whoever is available. If both available, whoever graded higher.
I would think Jerry would want to protect his investment. But knowing Jerry he will continue his hope strategy that both his surgically repaired offensive tackles will make it through a full season with the likes of Steele, Knight and Neske(sp?) protecting his 125 million in guarantees.

Sounds about right.

The split second one or the other of these tackles goes down this year, or both, everyone will be second guessing themselves about zone corners and tight ends and their true impact on wins and losses.
As last year just re-affirmed.

It's still won in the trenches.

Bigdog

Reaction score

2)Slater
3)sewell
4)Surtain

I agree with you but I would put Sewell at 2 (like his nastiness from what I have read) and Surtain at 3 then Slater but I go back and forth on that one.

Bizwah

Reaction score
It's important to have five QBs go somewhere in the top nine. That would leave us with at least one of these players:
Sewell
Slater
Surtain
Chase
Pitts

I think the players most likely to get chosen from that group would be Chase, Sewell, and Pitts. I think that would give us a good shot at Slater or Surtain.

I'm still betting Surtain is the one that will be available. But I'm good with any of those five at 10.

starfan1

Reaction score

2)Slater
3)sewell
4)Surtain

I like these but Id add parsons to that list as our LB corps sucks. But im seeing more and more chatter on the LB out of tulsa as well Collins i think

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's important to have five QBs go somewhere in the top nine. That would leave us with at least one of these players:
Sewell
Slater
Surtain
Chase
Pitts

I think the players most likely to get chosen from that group would be Chase, Sewell, and Pitts. I think that would give us a good shot at Slater or Surtain.

I'm still betting Surtain is the one that will be available. But I'm good with any of those five at 10.
some mocks have surtain going Denver before us and we take horn at 10..some say Horn is more of a quinn style CB..if this is true can we trade down 4-5 spots and still get horn?

Motorola

Reaction score
Neither Surtain or Pitts are falling to us. Just so you know and don't get your hopes up.
Who is taking Surtain before us? I see 4 maybe 5 QB's off the board. Denver has already paid 2 corners. I cant think of another team ahead of us that takes him.
Not a draftnik - but I do look at mock 1st round (only) proposals.
Perhaps all of us can view a half-dozen (or more) of the latest mocks and post their consenus + our top pick preference. Mods can set up the poll.
If it already exists in the CZ Draft Zone - my apology for being too lazy to look there beforehand.

Bizwah

Reaction score
some mocks have surtain going Denver before us and we take horn at 10..some say Horn is more of a quinn style CB..if this is true can we trade down 4-5 spots and still get horn?
If Surtain goes to Denver that would mean Sewell, Slater, Pitts, or Chase are available.

I would take one of them...

But to answer your question....No. I agree with what Broaddus always says. If you like a player, you take him. You don't play around. That's how we missed out on Max Unger years ago. We traded back only to have the Saints take him before us.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
If Surtain goes to Denver that would mean Sewell, Slater, Pitts, or Chase are available.

I would take one of them...

But to answer your question....No. I agree with what Broaddus always says. If you like a player, you take him. You don't play around. That's how we missed out on Max Unger years ago. We traded back only to have the Saints take him before us.
Unger was drafted by Seattle with pick 49...they traded up with Chicago to take him. Dallas first pick in 2009 draft was 69 (Jason Williams)

Status
Not open for further replies.