NFL Draft Blitz Updated 7 Round Mock

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
22. Dallas Cowboys (From Cleveland) - Mike Jenkins (CB) South Florida
Analysis: Jenkins was considered the top Senior Cornerback before the emergence of Leodis McKelvin and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, but still have the best size/speed ratio to become a lock-down Corner at the next level. Jenkins has the most impressive game film of any Cornerback in this class.
CHDHTYNVWEQQRYZ.20051122190713.jpg

28. Dallas Cowboys - James Hardy (WR) Indiana
Analysis: The Cowboys must begin to take note the Terrell Owens will soon turn 34 and have no complementary weapons surrounding him. Hardy has had his character questioned, but, if a meeting with Jerry Jones goes well, Hardy will be welcomed in Big D by Tony Romo and the rest of the offense.
1228150.jpeg

30 (61) Dallas Cowboys-Jamaal Charles, RB-Texas
29 (92)Dallas Cowboys-Josh Johnson, QB-San Diego
27 (126) Dallas Cowboys-Jeremy "J" Leman, ILB-Illinois
28 (163) Dallas Cowboys-Tommy Blake, DE/OLB-TCU
1 (167) Dallas Cowboys (From Dolphins)-Ken Iwebema, DE-Iowa
28 (235) Dallas Cowboys-D. J. Parker, S-Virginia Tech

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I would of loved this mock if it would not of been spoiled with that 3rd round selection.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great mock.

Pick a DT/NT, where that ILB is and it would be even better.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I LOVE ME SOME ME!;2035533 said:
I didn't either until i remembered we have Tank and Ratliff.
I'd still rather start Ratliff at end.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
always fun reading these things.....like opening a christmas present.

jdnoyes

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2035525 said:
I would of loved this mock if it would not of been spoiled with that 3rd round selection.

I would love to see Dallas pluck Josh Johnson in the 3rd. We need to think about picking up a long term prospect to groom behind Tony and this guy fits the bill. He put up some stats that are impressive no matter where he played. He has been climbing up draft boards.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Yup, I like this too. Not too sure about the Josh Johnson pick though. And definitely need to address NT.

funkytown

Reaction score
I love it, and would take that in a heartbeat. Address CB,WR, RB needs with first 3 picks. You can afford to take a gamble with Josh Johnson...Need to start developing someone behind Romo....Throw in a 5th rounder for PacMan and this is looking great.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Why the heck would we take Josh Johnson in the 3rd round? The kid will go to a team that plans to play him, not one that plans to put him on the bench for the next 6 years of his life.

Unless we've got some new 2 QB sets we're planning on running.

Outside of that, great draft.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Substitute Ahtyba Rubin with Josh Johnson and I am more than pleased with that mock.

StarHead69

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2035523 said:
22. Dallas Cowboys (From Cleveland) - Mike Jenkins (CB) South Florida
Analysis: Jenkins was considered the top Senior Cornerback before the emergence of Leodis McKelvin and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, but still have the best size/speed ratio to become a lock-down Corner at the next level. Jenkins has the most impressive game film of any Cornerback in this class.
CHDHTYNVWEQQRYZ.20051122190713.jpg

28. Dallas Cowboys - James Hardy (WR) Indiana
Analysis: The Cowboys must begin to take note the Terrell Owens will soon turn 34 and have no complementary weapons surrounding him. Hardy has had his character questioned, but, if a meeting with Jerry Jones goes well, Hardy will be welcomed in Big D by Tony Romo and the rest of the offense.
1228150.jpeg

30 (61) Dallas Cowboys-Jamaal Charles, RB-Texas
29 (92)Dallas Cowboys-Josh Johnson, QB-San Diego
27 (126) Dallas Cowboys-Jeremy "J" Leman, ILB-Illinois
28 (163) Dallas Cowboys-Tommy Blake, DE/OLB-TCU
1 (167) Dallas Cowboys (From Dolphins)-Ken Iwebema, DE-Iowa
28 (235) Dallas Cowboys-D. J. Parker, S-Virginia Tech

You had me til #126

There should be a couple of safeties (Morgan,Demps,Zbikowski) to consider at that spot, and we could grab Matt Flynn/QB/LSU with #235.