Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day Three thread***

fivetwos

Reaction score
When you can trade a 5th for a Gillmore or Cooks, can’t really say I’m in love with digging into next year for a project corner.

First pick that makes no sense for me.

NickZepp

Reaction score
Eric Scott is the guy that had the pic 6 vs Tulane that helped them upset them earlier in the year. That's the only game I saw him in.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Do Gilmore and Cooks not make us better this year?

I haven't understand this great desire to add a WR and CB in this draft.

At receiver, we have Lamb, Cooks and Gallup (second year removed from injury) and we have a developmental third-rounder from last year in Tolbert and a UDFA that showed promise in Houston. We also have a punt returner in Turpin who could be used more at receiver. While you can improve any position, I'm OK with giving the young guys we've got a chance to develop in their second year behind those vets.

At corner, we have Gilmore, Diggs and Bland as our top three. We have Lewis as a backup (and could re-sign Brown if we want more depth; Brown as a backup instead of a starter is an improvement). This gives Joseph another year to show whether he was worth that second-round pick before we move on to making getting another corner a priority.
All good points. I'm just pissy today.
I do hope we end up getting 2 seasons out of both.
I do like the 5th round pick as a developmental Tackle. That pick and Mazi is about it for me. I do like Schoonmacker and what he will be, but I will always think - what could have been for the offensive line.

bsheeern

Reaction score
His 184 passing yards allowed was fifth in the country among cornerbacks who played at least 50% of the most snaps, according to Pro Football Focus.